Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I have not left the house since Sunday

(26 Posts)
BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 12:40:39

Sunday being not 2 days ago but 9 days ago. Im on sick leave after an op and cannot drive yet. Now the kids have been ill in turn since last week and so the offer of friends and family picking me up etc have been cancelled.

I am kind of sick of these four walls now! Whats the longest have you been in your house for?

ny20005 Tue 12-Dec-17 12:42:31

I've been in since Saturday & then only did a quick food shop

I'm home with a broken leg so will be housebound for a while 😩

Fellia Tue 12-Dec-17 12:43:08

Aw I feel for you OP.

I was stuck in for a week when I had really bad tonsillitis. Spent half the time in bed and couldn’t really eat/ speak. Was hell!

Seeline Tue 12-Dec-17 12:48:12

When I was pg with my first I had really bad 'morning' sickness. For about 12 weeks the only time I left the house was to go to the GPs to get another sick note every fortnight (signed off work) and 1 midwife appointment. To be fair I barely left my bedroom!
Hope things sort themselves out for you soon.

BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 12:53:32

I am not sure whether ive got this bug too have vomited a little while ago and feel a bit queasy but thats possible when you have sicky bedsheets to sort!

I know plenty of people are really ill and are inside permanently so feel a bit daft getting all het up about it.

BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 12:55:26

I had my op 3 weeks ago so I had just got used to starting doing things again. I feel a bit cut off from everyone now - i was even jealous of dh going to work!

pinkhorse Tue 12-Dec-17 12:57:16

I've been in since Friday. I have tonsillitis. I HATE it! Desperate to get out. I usually exercise 6 days a week so this is killing me.

AccrualIntentions Tue 12-Dec-17 13:02:38

I didn't leave the house from Sunday to Friday a couple of weeks ago, my first week at home with newborn baby once my DH went back to work. The weather was terrible, I was exhausted and it just didn't happen. Sent me totally stir crazy, so since then I've been making a point of leaving the house every day even if it's just a walk round the block.

CoffeeWithMyOxygen Tue 12-Dec-17 13:03:15

I’ve been in since November 29th. I can going stark raving bonkers.

BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 13:09:00

Ah coffee! If my DH hadnt took 2 weeks off when I had my op I wouldve been the same. It does seem to co-incide with when my DH went back to work. He could drive me to places, even just to collect the kids or a quick cuppa somewhere and it was amazing to get out!

Hope you get out soon!

Fairylea Tue 12-Dec-17 13:10:47

I have been stuck in since Sunday with a bad virus and a child with autism whose school is shut due to the snow hmm (he’s not happy, he loves routine and loves school!) All the paths are super icy all around us and I don’t feel safe going outside the way I feel. We have been making train sets and watching a lot of films!

PerkingFaintly Tue 12-Dec-17 13:19:15

I haven't left the house since <gets out calendar> 25 November.

Before that it was 28 October.

Sometimes it's over 60 days.

But the shitty weather makes it less of a sorrow!grin

Also, the house is no longer like a building site, so it's actually quite pleasant in here. Even better, I've ditched the friend who used to cheer my day with, "Ooh, I don't know how you can bear it. I just couldn't be inside so long."hmm

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Tue 12-Dec-17 13:19:30

I was in bed for ages when I had pneumonia, probably a fortnight or so, and then didn't leave the house much as I was exhausted for another week. But I don't remember all of it as I was out of it with a high temperature. The time that I tore my calf muscle was much more boring because I was otherwise fine, I just couldn't walk. I think I only left the house once for the first 10 days.

PerkingFaintly Tue 12-Dec-17 13:22:14

Much sympathy, though, OP. You're still allowed to absolutely hate it even when it's for a shorter time.

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 12-Dec-17 13:22:45

Two weeks. I had chickenpox. Had to poke my head over the fence to ask the neighbour to buy me (bulk) milk and I was seriously having to be inventive in terms of cooking from ingredients already in my larder!

BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 13:26:09

Thanks perking....i do realise alot have it worse but I am so used to being on the go it is quite alien. My New Years resolution will absolutely be not to moan when I have a lot on!

Hissy Tue 12-Dec-17 13:27:53

10 weeks. Would have been longer, but I had to get taken to a hospital.

Do I win? grin

My ex was an arse, - well, he still IS an arse, he's just my ex grin - we were in his country and he didn't want me going out, and I couldn't go out alone because I had literally no idea where I was.

to begin with, it's hard, but after a while, it gets easier. wouldn't recommend it tho, its a hard habit to break once you are used to it, develops into agoraphobia which I definitely wouldn't recommend

Huge wishes for all those who are ill to get better soon, stay warm and hope you are all out and about sometime soon!

((non germy hugs))

PerkingFaintly Tue 12-Dec-17 13:35:51

Ah, you know I look out of the window when it's lashing outside, and say my own little gratitude that I'm not standing at a bus stop with aching joints and sodden feet.

LoveYouTimMinchin Tue 12-Dec-17 13:38:34

Oh you poor poor thing op! Every sympathy flowers.

I think the longest I've ever been inside was 5 days in hospital.

Even when I had noro virus recently I went out for a 30 minute walk (by myself I hasten to add) on day 3.

BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 14:19:43

Sorry to hear that hissy but glad he is now an ex! Must have shattered your mental health!

I am loathed to say I have definitely caught this sickness bug. Not particularly great post hysterectomy with the wretching but little kids are the main source of lurg!

Hissy Tue 12-Dec-17 14:28:48

Thanks BackBoiler (great name!)

Bizarrely, when i'd been out there for a couple of years and got used to the insanity all around me, I realised that I'd survived and that I'd never get depression again. What doesn't kill you really can make you stronger :D

Kids are germ factories... it passes, they get stronger eventually. Little comfort to you now, but at least if you get this sickness now, its better than right on Christmas...

MiracleCure Tue 12-Dec-17 14:31:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chocolatear Tue 12-Dec-17 14:32:41

I've been unwell since Friday 2nd. I have been out of the house, I spent 5 nights in hospital.
I've had pneumonia and although I feel much better, I can't do much without feeling dizzy and breathless.
Crap isn't it?

BackBoiler Tue 12-Dec-17 14:43:58

I seem to think that if i was at work and out doing stuff the bug would bypass me as it normally does. Its being at home that has done it (could be a load of rubbish)

I did think that...it would be truly awful if we got sick at xmas.

Katedotness1963 Tue 12-Dec-17 15:49:49

7 weeks. Not ill or anything, just had nowhere to go and no one to go with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now