Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fucking Hermes

(7 Posts)
TheCatIsMyEnemy Tue 12-Dec-17 09:34:46

Got notification from Hermes that they delivered my parcel on Sunday. "Posted through letterbox".

No it wasn't. Nowhere in my hallway. I have checked with my neighbours and they don't have it either. Called Hermes up and they said "have you looked properly?" I don't exactly live in a fucking duplex palace!!!

Now what? I called up Asos and they're saying it's Hermes's problem.

teatwosugarspls Tue 12-Dec-17 09:38:42

Hermes should send the courier back to investigate where he has "posted" it. I'd personally be checking bins if they were visible to the driver, over fences etc. It isn't for you to deal with, with Hermes it's ASOS. Their contract is with Hermes so they should be sorting this for you - ideally they should send you replacements whilst Hermes investigates and they can file a claim with them for the missing item. X

Yogagirl123 Tue 12-Dec-17 09:41:17

Hermes, bloody useless. I hope you get it sorted out OP.

TheCatIsMyEnemy Tue 12-Dec-17 10:04:48

Just checked our bins...nothing

I don't think it was my usual Hermes driver as I know her and she knows exactly where I live.

ASOS have grudgingly agreed to contact Hermes for me. Big of them hmm

SlothMama Tue 12-Dec-17 10:06:01

Hermes are crap, I'd escalate it with them I would have thought ASOS would do more than say it's not their issue. They have a contract with Hermes and should be sorting it for you.

TheCatIsMyEnemy Tue 12-Dec-17 10:07:16

They've not been too bad for me before because like I say I know my local driver and she's quite good

We won't even talk about Yodel, they delivered a parcel to the wrong side of London once.

user1491295468 Tue 12-Dec-17 10:21:35

I had a similar issue with Hermes and a kitchen waste bin that was delivered and signed for at my address. I contacted the company, who contacted Hermes. They raised it with the driver who distinctly remembered posting the parcel through my letterbox. Hardly plausible given the fact I'm supposed to have signed for the parcel, given the fact it was a 50l waste bin and given the fact he had 120 drops to do that day - how would he remember them all?!

As he remembered the delivery, and had a tiny illegible signature to prove he had delivered, Hermes closed the case as did the company i purchased from. It took months to get my money back via my bank.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now