Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone around for a handhold to get me through the night?

(32 Posts)
Confuzzlediddled Tue 12-Dec-17 01:17:37

My parents are in Spain on holiday, I had a call from "James" a hour ago, who put my mum on. My lovely daddy has died from a heart attack. James has been fantastic, he's looking after my mum and has contacted the insurance company etc. I just feel so lost and don't know what to do, I don't know how long repatriation takes and I just want to give my mum a hug...

I can't tell my DC in the morning as DD has her first professional choir concert tomorrow evening and she needs to be worry free..

DH is making me a cup of tea but we both feel a bit useless and the house is freezing..

Dilligaf81 Tue 12-Dec-17 01:21:09

I'm so sorry Op.
Is your mum planning to fly home early? Did they have insurance. Maybe make yourself busy with details and sorting things tomorrow xx

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 12-Dec-17 01:21:35

Oh what an awful shock for you all. You honestly never know the minute. Have you spoken to your mum
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
((((((((((()))))))))flowers

Dilligaf81 Tue 12-Dec-17 01:21:57

Any gin or whisky in the house? Maybe have a tot in your cuppa to warm you up and for the shock xx

7Seas Tue 12-Dec-17 01:22:43

Oh no I am so sorry flowers what a shock for you and your family. Hopefully your mum will be home tomorrow and you won't feel so alone x

DramaAlpaca Tue 12-Dec-17 01:23:43

I'm so sorry OP flowers

I have to go to sleep now but will be thinking of you & your family <hugs>

CaledonianQueen Tue 12-Dec-17 01:25:13

Oh Confuzzle, I am so, so sorry for your loss! I imagine shock has set in at the moment! Do you have any siblings? Can you afford to fly out to be with your Mum or even to buy your Mum a flight to bring your Mum home?

I am so glad that you have your dh there with you, sending flowers op.

NotSureThisIsWhatIWant Tue 12-Dec-17 01:31:37

I’m so sorry you are going through this. I know that tomorrow is an important day for DD but can you travel to meet your mum at Spain, it should be so difficult having to sort so much stuff under such level of grief while alone in another country.

flowers

OverwhelminglyCrap Tue 12-Dec-17 01:32:48

I'm so sorry. My mum died four months ago and remember the helplessness.

In your shoes I would, and did, go to bed. I curled up with DH and cried and yes, I slept a little. You need warmth and comfort.

Higs to you xxx.

Ohb0llocks Tue 12-Dec-17 01:35:53

So sorry flowers

Confuzzlediddled Tue 12-Dec-17 01:45:29

Unfortunately I can't fly out as I dont have a passport, I'd imagine by the time i can get one she'd be home?

No siblings, my only brother died 5 years and 2 days ago, had been having a little cry about that on Saturday. Now I need to be the strong one I suppose. I know they have a prepayment funeral thing so I need to go to theirs and hope I can find the details. Fortunately not much family to ring round so that helps.
It would have been thier golden wedding in June.

50ShadesOfEarlGrey Tue 12-Dec-17 02:16:30

It’s always so difficult to know what to say in these situations, but my thoughts are with you.
When my darling Dad died a few years ago I found this list helpful www.gov.uk/after-a-death
This kept me together, as we worked through the list, although things will be a little delayed for you due to repatriation.
Apart from supporting your Mum there won’t be much you can do today, so concentrate on your DD so that her concert goes well, which I’m sure your DDad would want. I went into work a few hours after my DDad died, as I needed some normality and to concentrate on something other than the sorrow. I was very lucky as my employers let me come and go for the next couple of weeks and I used work as a bolthole.
Try to take some comfort from the fact that your DDad died on holiday, having a lovely time, with no long drawn out illness.
brew and flowers for you OP.

Rainbowqueeen Tue 12-Dec-17 02:38:37

Handholding here too.

Hot sweet tea, maybe a biscuit to nibble on.
I'm so sorry for your loss

Roystonv Tue 12-Dec-17 02:48:06

Oh dear that will have been such a shock for you. My condolences flowers. I am glad your Mum is getting support from James. Wishing you all well at the difficult time.

Brewbees Tue 12-Dec-17 02:50:10

I'm so very sorry OP thanks

Chrys2017 Tue 12-Dec-17 03:05:16

So so sorry. We are here for you.

Kevinbaconsrealwife Tue 12-Dec-17 03:21:03

So very sorry for your loss sweetheart.....I lost my mum very suddenly in June...sending you gentle hugs ....as others have said, a hot sweet drink and if you can get a couple more hours sleep before morning ....bless you x

Bellini81 Tue 12-Dec-17 03:21:57

I'm so sorry thanks

mowglik Tue 12-Dec-17 03:31:19

So sorry OP, you must be in shock right now. Hope your poor mum is ok and can get home to you soon flowers

HappenedForAReisling Tue 12-Dec-17 03:46:43

I'm sorry to hear this, OP flowers

Tiredmumno1 Tue 12-Dec-17 03:47:42

I am so very sorry for you and your mum thanks

I hope you are cuddling with your DH and trying to get some rest, take care of yourself, I hope your mum gets home to you soon thanks

TheMaddHugger Tue 12-Dec-17 03:48:52

((Soft Hugs)) and a Hand to hold.

Condolences 💐

HerRoyalNotness Tue 12-Dec-17 03:58:36

Oh your poor mum. So sorry for you all xx

Hooleywhipper Tue 12-Dec-17 04:04:21

So sorry for your loss OP, let DH comfort you 💐

BritInUS1 Tue 12-Dec-17 04:26:50

What a shock, sorry for your loss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now