Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What sights do you find sad ? Anything at all.

(229 Posts)
FloControl Mon 11-Dec-17 18:10:12

For me, I always find the sight of (second hand) toys in a charity shop window a day or two after Christmas quite sad. It's saying that the toys were once loved and enjoyed but their second chance has been dashed as nobody wanted them this Christmas. Sigh...

Any more ?

ALemonyPea Mon 11-Dec-17 18:11:30

Dogs tied up outside a shop. They always look so sad and abandoned. I try smile at them when I pass and say hello to them.

BrizzleDrizzle Mon 11-Dec-17 18:12:39

Children left in cars, I was often left in the car when I was a child and I didn't know if my parents were going to come back.

RebornSlippy Mon 11-Dec-17 18:13:28

Thin looking animals that are probably stray and usually have a limp or something.

Flumplet Mon 11-Dec-17 18:14:10

Not exactly ‘sad’ but guide dogs make me really emotional!! They always seem to take their work so seriously and are so committed to their people that it chokes me up every time. fblush

AmysTiara Mon 11-Dec-17 18:14:53

Abandoned bikes on wasteland. I see it a lot on the train.

Don't know why it makes me feel sad as i haven't ridden a bike since i was a kid grin

Blackteadrinker77 Mon 11-Dec-17 18:15:17

Couples in restaurants sat on their mobiles not talking to each other.

Tinselistacky Mon 11-Dec-17 18:15:19

ALemonyPea do you get many replies??

BroomHandledMouser Mon 11-Dec-17 18:18:56

I saw a little old man today all hunched over walking by himself. It looked like he was tired and cold.

I felt sad when I saw him. I hope he was going home to his wife and a nice walm house.

lurkingfromhome Mon 11-Dec-17 18:20:40

Old men shopping alone in a supermarket, buying a ready meal for one. I always imagine they've been widowed and are just struggling along, lonely and unhappy.

formerbabe Mon 11-Dec-17 18:22:50

I used to have to take one of my DC quite regularly to a children's hospital...(she was absolutely fine, it was more diagnostic) but I used to feel so sad walking in there. It was a lovely place, they made it so nice for the children, loads of toys and bright colours but I used to feel so sad at the thought that children in there were ill.

DancesWithOtters Mon 11-Dec-17 18:22:50

Agree with pp, dogs tied up outside shops. sad

HRTpatch Mon 11-Dec-17 18:23:55

Yes old men.
Never old women

JaffaCakes4TeaNow Mon 11-Dec-17 18:26:44

People queueing up in Cafés and tea shops ignoring the nice fruit 🍇 🍉 🍈 and buying nasty cakes and flapjacks that will only feed their sugar addiction.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 11-Dec-17 18:27:00

Old people with old dogs

Who will die first sad

FloControl Mon 11-Dec-17 18:30:29

Houses that have been repossessed by the mortgagor, often seen on Homes Under The Hammer. Filled with the possessions and paraphernalia of family life then seemingly abandoned on a whim. It's as if the occupants were somehow spirited away and the house placed in a time warp.

GreatDuckCookery Mon 11-Dec-17 18:31:20

All sorts of things make me sad. A recent one that springs to mind was a man leaning against a wall with his head in his hands. I was sat in the traffic waiting at lights. He looked so down, when a woman waking past stopped and chatted to him. The lights changed so I don’t know what happened next but it made me feel sad for him.

Seeing old men walking their old dogs. sad

Hourglasswinter Mon 11-Dec-17 18:32:08

Christmas trees without the lights turned on!

NoelNiki Mon 11-Dec-17 18:32:46

For me, I always find the sight of (second hand) toys in a charity shop window a day or two after Christmas quite sad. It's saying that the toys were once loved and enjoyed but their second chance has been dashed as nobody wanted them this Christmas.

That is exactly the kind of thing that makes me sad.

ASDismynormality Mon 11-Dec-17 18:32:52

Elderly men in the supermarket for me too, has always made me feel a twinge of sadness.

metalmum15 Mon 11-Dec-17 18:33:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

StorminaBcup Mon 11-Dec-17 18:34:01

Food bank collection points. There’s a few near me. There shouldn’t be a need for them.

Thisnamechanger Mon 11-Dec-17 18:34:30

Dead birds. They look so tragic.

BreatheMeIn Mon 11-Dec-17 18:35:24

People eating alone
Old men or women out in bad weather

GreatDuckCookery Mon 11-Dec-17 18:36:14

Aw some old women make me sad. The really sweet ones that have a constant smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now