Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Did anyone watch hairy bikers today? I’m after the name of a recipe

(10 Posts)
Alabasterangel6 Mon 11-Dec-17 16:53:27

It wasn’t the chaps making it. It was a little clip inside the program of a lady who made something absolutely delicious looking involving honey and walnuts and salt that she then cut into diamond shapes. It looked chewy not brittle.

I assumed I could go on the website and see, I was baking myself at the time, but on the website there are only the main bikers recipes and not that one. It sounded like a European (scandic maybe?) traditional thing, so if I just knew the name I’m sure I could find it.....

Floellabumbags Mon 11-Dec-17 16:55:12

I've no idea but it sounds amazing.

ShowMeTheElf Mon 11-Dec-17 16:57:47

I'm not sure which specific recipe you need but nuts, honey, sticky, traditionally cut into a diamond shape: that's Baklava!
houseofnasheats.com/greek-baklava-recipe/

TooOldForThisNow Mon 11-Dec-17 16:58:25

Don't know but today's episode is on iPlayer.

TheyMadeMeSignUp Mon 11-Dec-17 16:58:53

It was a Georgian recipe, called gozinaki

ShowMeTheElf Mon 11-Dec-17 17:00:31

When the HB's did Turkey they visited 'the best Baklava maker in Turkey'. So it'll be a slightly different recipe but similar.

ShowMeTheElf Mon 11-Dec-17 17:03:17

Gozinaki looks amazing! I am definitely going to try this: it's like a slightly chewy walnut brittle isn't it?

Alabasterangel6 Mon 11-Dec-17 17:14:27

Thank you so much they that’s brilliant.

And DOH for not thinking about watching it again on iPlayer. She suggested you could use pecans or almonds too - it looks like a lovely little gesture for hosts having us for drinks on Xmas eve.

Alabasterangel6 Mon 11-Dec-17 17:15:20

elf yes - chewy like a flapjack. Not at all like baclava (and much quicker, no endless buttering of layers involved!)

TheyMadeMeSignUp Mon 11-Dec-17 17:28:13

You’re welcome, be sure to send some my way once you’ve made them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now