Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How stylish are you when you are working from home?

(59 Posts)
HopingForSomeSnow Mon 11-Dec-17 11:00:18

Today I am wearing pink stripy pajamas, a purple spotted dressing gown and a Xmas pudding bobble hat. I'm looking mighty fine....

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Mon 11-Dec-17 11:19:23

I am wearing a red fleece neck-warmer like a hat - and a knitted orange nose-warmer. I look like a parrot.

Your ensemble definitely has the glamour edge, Hoping grin

Piffpaffpoff Mon 11-Dec-17 11:22:40

Today I have my skiing thermals on, thick ski socks, a hooded fleece (hood up, because I’ve not done my hair) and my slanket, as I extol the benefits of a high quality, elegant and timeless fashion product across Social Media. The contrast makes me laugh.

MedicinalGin Mon 11-Dec-17 11:23:31

Hugely stylish. All those hordes of invisible people who mill around in my empty house need style inspiration from somewhere!

Seriously, think of a heap of washing; then imagine a person lying in it. Sprinkle with toast crumbs and crumple liberally. That’s my level of style while working from home. grin

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Mon 11-Dec-17 11:25:12

I am actually relatively chic. I am showered and dressed in actual clothes. Dark skinny cords & an oversized v neck jumper+ thick ski socks. Was supposed to be going to work this morning but it was cancelled.

insomniac123 Mon 11-Dec-17 11:27:39

I was meant to be going in too, but been stuck at home with 3 Kids now, so changed out of trousers and am in jeans and jumper.
Toddler I have only managed to get a pair of leggings and vest on!

shhhfastasleep Mon 11-Dec-17 11:29:57

Odd thermal socks (obv), jeans, two hoodies and a Tshirt. Hopefully, I will soon be wearing a cat on my knee if she fancies some human company. As long as she doesn't send any emails, it'll be fine.

Ecclesiastes Mon 11-Dec-17 11:30:38

Sheepskin slippers, slightly too short knitted 'lounging' trousers. Grade 3 T-shirt (Grade 1 = fit for work, Grade 2 = fit for leisure, Grade 3 = fit for the rag bag).

I put a dressing gown on if a parcel is delivered and pretend I'm off sick.

maddiemookins16mum Mon 11-Dec-17 11:32:53

Leggings, sweatshirt and fluffy slippers mostly. Somedays I don't even bother with a bra!

BitOutOfPractice Mon 11-Dec-17 11:33:33

Black and white geometric patterned leggings, and a black polo neck. So, surprisingly presentable. I'm considering putting a dressing gown over the top now though blush

HopingForSomeSnow Mon 11-Dec-17 11:36:07

Even when I am dressed I still wear my dressing gown over the top to keep warm.
The Xmas pudding bobble hat is a new addition because I am feeling festive today!

Moogletea Mon 11-Dec-17 11:36:14

Paisley pink pj bottoms and a stripy hello kitty grandad nightshirt. I look like I may have escaped from some institution

I've stuck a my little pony sticker (small child provided) over the camera on my work laptop just to ensure I don't beam in live to my very corporate office

BootsAndCatsAndBootsAndCats Mon 11-Dec-17 11:40:57

I'm currently working from bed! So I've got pjs on, and I'm tucked up under the duvet. Lovely!

BitOutOfPractice Mon 11-Dec-17 11:45:56

I bet you look all jaunty in it op

MirandaWest Mon 11-Dec-17 11:48:15

I haven't got dressed as couldn't be bothered this morning. So am
wearing dark blue pyjamas, red furry dressing gown, two pairs of furry socks, slippers, scarf and hat as it is cold.

HopingForSomeSnow Mon 11-Dec-17 11:51:03

There's a whole army of pyjama wearing workers out there keeping the nation going!

Orangesox Mon 11-Dec-17 11:51:29

Today I’m at actual work sporting a jumper with a dog wearing a pink bow tie grin

My usual work from home attire is so chic it should grace the front cover of vogue - gingerbread man knitted leggings, a striped jumper dress and a mustard yellow hat were worn last week!

Flumplet Mon 11-Dec-17 11:51:48

Non-matching, ill fitting, non-maternity pyjamas at 19wks pregnant. AND fluffy bunny slippers. Hair not washed. that’s how stylish I am when I wah!!

paxillin Mon 11-Dec-17 11:52:23

<adds Christmas Pud bobble hat to shopping list>

MiracleCure Mon 11-Dec-17 11:54:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wonkylegs Mon 11-Dec-17 11:54:08

Funnily enough I do dress for work even though I work from home. Helps me get in the right mindset and not get tempted to just do a bit of household stuff just because I'm here. Should be even better next year when I get my office outside so I'm not really in the house even though I'm at home.
Must admit I do have thermals on underneath today though

MiracleCure Mon 11-Dec-17 11:54:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

paap1975 Mon 11-Dec-17 11:54:23

I always get showered and dressed when I work from home. But dressed can be jeans and a t-shirt. I think it helps me get my work head in gear

Flamingoingmad Mon 11-Dec-17 11:59:32

Currently wearing ....2 vests, shirt, jumper, leggings with jeans over the top, 2 pairs of socks, and fluffy slipper boots, with a fleece blanket over the lap, and a think knitted snood. All a bit Michelin Man. Greasy hair in a messy bun.

DP is similarly attired but wearing a trapper hat and scarf. He's what I describe as 'lumberjack chic finance geek'!

HopingForSomeSnow Mon 11-Dec-17 12:00:42

Here's a piccy of the hat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now