Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Creepy stuff your children have said.

(18 Posts)
Iwasjustabouttosaythat Mon 11-Dec-17 01:06:57

This morning DS (4) said, “where did he go?”

Me: “who”

DS: “the man who just walked into the spare room”.

There were no men home. So so creepy. Checked and of course no one was there. He concluded that it must have been a shadow (which is still creepy somehow).

I don’t believe in ghosts btw. I wish I could! I’d love to hear more creepy stuff your kids have said...

Vitalogy Mon 11-Dec-17 01:29:36

When my son was around 5, he said one night he looked down from the top of the stairs to see someone sitting at the dining table dressed as a mummy. I said "you were just dreaming", he was adamant it was real.

milliemoon Mon 11-Dec-17 03:23:39

My son when aged 3: "We are going to die tomorrow."
We didn't.

Nearlynewlywed Mon 11-Dec-17 06:19:01

My nearly 3 year old started singing out of the blue the other day "Daddies coming home in a black car!". We were both a bit freaked out as all we could think of was a hearse and he doesn't usually say things likr this!

CheapSausagesAndSpam Mon 11-Dec-17 06:27:19

Mummy....that man made of blackness came in my room again.

shock

She was 3 and came into my room in the middle of the darkest night ever...it was midwinter and DH was working away! Feck THAT for a lark.

I put the light on and we slept like that.

Dsmummy Mon 11-Dec-17 07:47:12

In our bed looking at the ceiling. My 3 year old says
"Haha look mummy. He's smiling. The man with the scratch on his face"

Several different occasions he's said this, always the same face confused

Frustrationqueen Mon 11-Dec-17 07:54:04

I was in work and a little girl asked me who that man was standing behind me.
There was no men in the building that day, and there definitely wasnt one in the room i was in.

Scoobygang7 Mon 11-Dec-17 08:04:11

@Nearlynewlywed there's a song that goes through different colours of cars that daddy is coming home in. Might make it not feel so creepy.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Mon 11-Dec-17 08:10:12

This is hilarious. And scary. Reminds me of when DS was 3. I asked how he slept overnight and he said not well. Why? Because all the noisy ghosts were keeping him awake all night. Hundreds of them apparently.

TheHandmaidsTail Mon 11-Dec-17 08:31:10

4yo DD, my DF had died a couple of months before and we were driving past the hospital building where he passed - it's on a main road.

DD started chatting and giggling, I ask who she is talking to. She said the people that just jumped in the car when we went past Grandad's building. "They're very funny" shock

TheHandmaidsTail Mon 11-Dec-17 08:32:14

Oh and other DD when younger, about 3, I woke up and she was standing next to me with a pillow saying "I'm watching you, go to sleeep" while holding the pillow over my head.

Psycho.

Passmethegin1988 Mon 11-Dec-17 18:57:40

My mother died almost 10 years ago - my almost 4yo came to me and said “I’m your Mummy. I’m here to look after you”

This was said with a super serious face 😮

MozzchopsThirty Mon 11-Dec-17 19:22:42

Ds1 (12) shouting in the middle of the night 'Mum I want to get out of my room'
Me shouting back 'come on then'
Ds1 'I can't the people outside my room are talking and blocking the doorway'
(We do have ghosts that enjoy dicking about on the landing

Ds2 (8) 'I've lived before but when I died god wiped my memory and sent me back with a new Mum and dad, but I can't remember anything from before, isn't that funny' shock

PasstheStarmix Mon 11-Dec-17 19:35:14

My friend and her child had the following experience (it completely freaked me out):

Child: 'Whose that over there?'
'Where?' My friend asked
Child: 'At the window' (they're in the kitchen fixing supper)
She glances at the window and sees nothing just darkness as it was evening then turns back to child.
'There is a face in the window.'
Friend: 'don't be silly there's nothing there.'
Child: ' look Mummy there it is again.'
My friend replies 'are you making stories up there's nothing there.'
Child: But it's the lady I saw in my bedroom and she told me her name was Glynis.

Glynis is my friend's dead grandmother that she hasn't told her child about and nobody has mentioned her to said child! shock

QuackPorridgeBacon Mon 11-Dec-17 19:59:30

For like a year my daughter who was 2 and a half, was deadly serious about wanting to take my head off. She would try and cry so hard because she would want my head off to carry around and cuddle. She once said she was going to get something sharp to cut it off with... her thing now is to tell people that they are old and are going to die soon whilst smiling. She also likes to play games where someone is dead. She’s not one bit wise and will be four very soon.

Tinselistacky Mon 11-Dec-17 20:02:28

Sometimes my ds 9 talks about a past life. And his 'friend' Geoff.
Scarey child!!

Vitalogy Mon 11-Dec-17 20:09:34

I've lived before but when I died god wiped my memory and sent me back with a new Mum and dad, but I can't remember anything from before, isn't that funny' This is what I think actually happens, children are closer to the knowing.

alarox Mon 11-Dec-17 20:20:12

www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2v7i/parents_of_reddit_what_is_the_creepiest_thing/

^ That Reddit thread's a good read! Mine are too young to talk yet, but my brother as a toddler pointed out the house where he lived with his old family before he died and came to us...that was a conversation stopper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now