Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Interdental bruhes: do you?

(17 Posts)
Lanaorana2 Sun 10-Dec-17 21:28:32

These tiny beasts seem the very definition of faff, but my dentist has frightened me into using them. Every night. Does anyone?

This being MN, I'm expecting nowt but posts insisting everyone walks round with 32 electric versions permanently whizzing away behind their Dior lipstick. But, honestly - I don't know anyone who brushes for 3 min.

Gingernaut Sun 10-Dec-17 21:29:21

Teepee brushes, floss and normal tooth brushing.

Fluffyears Sun 10-Dec-17 23:32:12

Yep I use them. Much easier than flossing and I have really close set teeth. My dentist recommended them as he prefers them to flossing.

CotswoldStrife Sun 10-Dec-17 23:36:42

I have been told to use them once a day but it doesn't have to be when you clean your teeth tbh.

They are much easier than floss for me, despite needing to clean my teeth with something extra since my teens I always seem to saw through my gum with floss hmm I do much better with the brushes!

FuckyNellYaBastad Sun 10-Dec-17 23:37:56

I’m using one now in bed grin

HoobleDooble Sun 10-Dec-17 23:42:52

Just used mine. I hate dental floss and my dentist recommends these. I can get an extra meal out on a good night! 😆

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer Sun 10-Dec-17 23:48:41

I got some after my last check up but had to buy a few different ones before I got the right sizes, my gaps are all different. The dentist told me just to use them when I’m sitting and watching tv to make it less of a chore then flossing. I do still floss though, not always daily though.

MayFayner Sun 10-Dec-17 23:51:49

I have some but I hate using them. I can't get them to fit between lots of my teeth. I like that puffy dental floss- superfloss or something.

PrincessoftheSea Sun 10-Dec-17 23:52:24

I have been told to use them, but dislike them so don't. Live on fear of my hygienist now. She is a bullysad

Ginkypig Sun 10-Dec-17 23:54:35

Like others I hate floss probably because I have small gaps so getting it in hurts.

They are much easier to use

Ohyesiam Mon 11-Dec-17 00:03:27

I love them. It's my new hobby

MayFayner Mon 11-Dec-17 00:07:12

My gums are fine now anyway since I got my vair posh Philips Sonicare toothbrush.

<awaits karma gingivitis>

IsadoraQuagmire Mon 11-Dec-17 13:11:37

I use the TePe ones, the smallest size. I use dental floss/dental tape on the days I don't use them (I don't like using floss, but it's much cheaper than the brushes)

Eolian Mon 11-Dec-17 13:13:13

I recently started using them after my dentist finally persuaded me to. My mouth and teeth feel cleaner and my gums look better.

SleepFreeZone Mon 11-Dec-17 13:13:15

My teeth are too close together to use these without damaging my gums. I do however floss every night and use a waterpik equivalent every other day. So I'm covered 😜

MrsExpo Mon 11-Dec-17 13:35:00

Yes, I use them when I remember on the recommendation of my dentist. Can never quite get the hang of flossing ........

calyyypo Mon 11-Dec-17 14:01:23

My DH is obsessed with these - he takes a packet with him everywhere he goes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now