Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Bernie Ross missing...since mid Oct UPDATE: FOUND [Edited by MNHQ]

(16 Posts)
OrlandaFuriosa Fri 08-Dec-17 01:46:56

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5094157/Bipolar-former-Uefa-boss-s-wife-begs-come-home.html

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/family-of-uefa-football-chief-bernie-ross-in-desperate-search-after-he-vanishes-tzdchpnqd

Also on the BBC, local news, the Sun etc.

I haven’t seen this mentioned on Mumsnet so decided to put it up: the family is friends of good friends. He has been missing since mid October and his family is desperate. They think he might have gone to France or Switzerland. He will probably be out of medication by now. It’s been shared extensively on Facebook.

On the off chance, please could Mumsnetters look and share too, thinking about his wife and children?

Velvetbee Fri 08-Dec-17 07:22:54

Bumping.

OrlandaFuriosa Fri 08-Dec-17 22:03:54

Velvet, thank you. I’m bumping too, hoping others see it.

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 09-Dec-17 10:40:05

Bumping this again, the family so so want to hear of him, see him. It’s been a long 50 days. Obviously even more excruciating with Christmas coming up.

MiracleCure Mon 11-Dec-17 16:57:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Creature2017 Mon 11-Dec-17 17:08:03

How sad for everyone although I doubt we can really blame his employer for his bipolar as some reports suggest.

So he wanted to leave adn did not want to be tracked to left his mobile behind and took his passport and presumably the reported sightings on him show him not restrained by anyone and just cycling around France.

Not knowing must be the worst thing. If people could just tell family members they are safe that is always so much easier then at least you aren't worrying so much.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42067604

MiracleCure Mon 11-Dec-17 17:19:37

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 13-Dec-17 21:12:45

Thank you for bumping and bringing back up. There’s picture of h8m on Facebook with the sort of cap he was wearing on CCTV. He may have a folding bike. If there’s anyone near Divonne, Nyon, Geneva, Commugny or any of the communes/villages nearby, please please pass on. He’s almost bound to have run out of medication. I don’t know him personally but his wife is a good friend of some of my oldest friends.

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 13-Dec-17 21:15:33

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42342452

Here is the latest non Mail I’ve found..

Bloomed Fri 15-Dec-17 18:25:28

Bumping this

OrlandaFuriosa Fri 15-Dec-17 23:28:32

Thank you..

Anyone near Geneva, Divonne, Nyon, Lausanne, Commugny? Even Annecy, Thonon, Yvoire?

SavageBeauty73 Fri 15-Dec-17 23:39:49

What a nightmare for the wife. I hope he's found and gets medical attention.

OrlandaFuriosa Mon 18-Dec-17 16:38:12

Hasn’t been so far...

OrlandaFuriosa Tue 19-Dec-17 23:17:19

Just been told by friend that he’s been found and his wife has spoken to him. I know no more than that...

But thank heavens...

Thank you to all MNrs and HQ who shared this or looked for him..

Bloomed Wed 20-Dec-17 01:52:37

Some good news!

MiracleCure Wed 20-Dec-17 01:53:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now