Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Stupid things that annoy you....

(104 Posts)
00100001 Thu 07-Dec-17 16:14:25

... that others will probably just go hmm at.

Recipe Videos

When they do a a stupid, pointless slow-mo shot of them spreading something, or drizzling something.

WHY SLOW MOTION?

Speech habit
OK, hard to describe. But when someone says something they think is funny, and then say an elongated "umm" and pause, waiting for someone to laugh.

Softpebbles Thu 07-Dec-17 16:15:50

People parking on zig zags outside school so they don't have to walk a few hundred metres 😠

HarrietKettleWasHere Thu 07-Dec-17 16:16:34

Amateur dramatics.

MissionItsPossible Thu 07-Dec-17 16:35:39

When something finishes on TV (especially if it was a shocking or sad ending) and there's a song or music playing over the credits, and then a stupid voiceover person starts blathering on making stupid comments and the credits get squashed halfway across the screen.

I've got more but I had so many that I'm going to make my own thread [grins] (It's not copying yours)

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Thu 07-Dec-17 16:47:34

The couples on the property programme Escape to the Country, pretty much all of them when being shown around the house walk from room to room holding hands, I mean is that how they walk around there own homes?! and the man always pushes his female partner from room to room, his hand in the small of her back as if she is incapable of going to another room without being guided! I have no idea why this irritates me so much! And breathe........

mummarosie1 Thu 07-Dec-17 16:49:40

People shortening names to nicknames before being on adequate 'nickname basis'. Not sure exactly what the criteria is, but it's definitely not from the first time of meeting envy

Flowerfae Thu 07-Dec-17 16:53:30

I hate the 'in a nod to...' saying that seems to be going around recently. It goes through me for some reason.

ILoveWillSmith Thu 07-Dec-17 16:56:12

people starting every sentence with 'so..' really annoys me!

Huskylover1 Thu 07-Dec-17 16:57:33

Public toilets, where the loo roll is packed so tightly in to the holder, that when you pull the paper, you get one tiny sheet.

Tea pots that don't pour without spilling some tea (same for milk cartons)

Food in plastic tubs (ready meals etc), with a plastic top, but when you pull the tab to remove the top, only the outer rim of plastic comes off. So you need to find scissors.

People on planes who faff for several minutes before sitting down. Hurry up!

ninjapants Thu 07-Dec-17 17:03:14

IloveWillSmith I hate the 'So...' thing too! I think it's a smart arse management technique for explaining things to stupid underlings. Every time I hear it I think, 'well you've been on the training course then'!

CakeNinja Thu 07-Dec-17 17:05:18

People who sing in front of me - cringe.
People who leave rubbish everywhere.
People who are competitively ill.
People.

OfficeDictionary Thu 07-Dec-17 17:05:34

001 totally with you on the ummm thing. Guy I work with will cut in to say something oh so clever / hilarious and leaves an ummm to allow for the inevitable never happens applause...

koffeekween Thu 07-Dec-17 17:12:53

When someone uses a scouring sponge to wipe down the surfaces instead of a dishcloth! Why the frig does it annoy me???

00100001 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:43:31

When people hang things in places things that aren't the right place.

Eg. Hanging a coat up on the corner of the door!

BibbidiBobbidi Thu 07-Dec-17 17:47:20

People that still use text language. There isn't a shortage of writing space anymore. Would it kill people to type 'you' instead of 'U' envy

Rubyslippers7780 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:48:45

Also on property programmes when discussing budget or going over budget..it is a 'well, we went a bit over ( by £120k or so ) but yah, totally worth it'...so where exactly did you find the extra £120k ?!?!?

BibbidiBobbidi Thu 07-Dec-17 17:49:54

Another one is people in slimming groups who have to tell everyone all their woes in the meeting.
This is a slimming group, not a GP!

Floellabumbags Thu 07-Dec-17 17:50:45

Television. Presenters. Who seem. To be. Unable. To. String. More than. Two words. Together. At once. Dermot. O. Leary.

coddiwomple Thu 07-Dec-17 18:06:25

Parents using their kids name when chatting with strangers. A parental group on FB for example:
Can you recommend a holiday destination/ breakfast recipes?
Oh, George and Charlotte absolutely must have... insert relevant information

No one knows them, George could be the husband or the dog, it is so cringing and smug, drives me mad.

TheNaze73 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:10:47

People that drop their partners name into every sentence when there really is no need

Shakey15000 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:21:23

Waiting staff who clear DH's plate/cutlery while I'm still eating angry

It's not that I'm slow and they're hinting or whatever, DH eats like a rocket.

tccat Thu 07-Dec-17 18:32:36

Dh, if I say "go and put the kettle on" he says " it won't fit me " every fucking time , it gives me The Rage
Same with "can you check the oven" response is "why what's wrong with the colour it is?" 😡😡

FloControl Thu 07-Dec-17 18:41:28

Radio presenters on rotten stations like Pulse, Heart and Capital (not my choice - I have to put up with them at work). Constantly guffawing, bantering and being everybody's mate. In other words, trying too hard angry.

PepperSteaks Thu 07-Dec-17 18:52:52

TTcat every time we say good bye to my dad he says “Merry Christmas” that gives me endless rage!

00100001 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:57:23

Flo

YESSSSSS!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now