Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Haemorrhoids.....

(5 Posts)
VvEmbarrassed Thu 07-Dec-17 11:12:58

Name changed for this, not a troll or anything.

I suffer on and off with haemorrhoids but dont usually cause any issues at all.

Last few days bleeding bright red blood. Even when not going to the loo. It's literally bleeding constantly. I thought I had my period early it's that bad.

What can I do? I keep mopping it but that's about it. It's small quantities but constant and not haemorrhage proportions.

ChristmasAddict Thu 07-Dec-17 11:18:15

I would get an urgent appointment with your GP if it's that bad!

VvEmbarrassed Thu 07-Dec-17 11:21:58

It feels like there is a sore spot on it that keeps bleeding.

purpleprincess24 Thu 07-Dec-17 11:34:32

Blood always needs investigating, You need to see a GP ASAP I suffer a lot in this area and it sounds like you need something on prescription at the very least

You may possibly have an anal fissure which are bloody painful and I find bleed more than the actual haemorrhoids

Use wet wipes, rather than normal toilet paper, much gentler, I find the Waitrose fragrance free toilet wipes are the best ones as they don’t irritate my skin

You can also get soothing wipes specially for haemorrhoids which do give some relief ... Boots do a good one

I find that Witch Doctor Skin Soothing Gel works better than anything ... this was discovered on holiday when I had to raid my medical bag to find something that would help take the pain away

VvEmbarrassed Thu 07-Dec-17 13:14:34

Thanks.

I'm using wet wipes which are bright red pretty quickly.

I won't be able to get to a GP before Monday. Cant get out of work tomorrow a d today I have a hospital appt this afternoon nowhere near my GP surgery.

It's a gynae appt so god knows what they are going to think / see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now