Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Reception birthday party in January - When is better to send the invitations?

(15 Posts)
RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 10:29:20

Before the end of term for a party on 13th Jan (1 week after birthday) or on the first day back in Jan (8th) for a party on 20th Jan (2 weeks after birthday)?

DearTeddyRobinson Thu 07-Dec-17 10:30:05

Following with interest.
Still not sure who DS wants to invite either!

QueenOfMyDomain Thu 07-Dec-17 10:31:25

My DD has received 2 invitations for parties in January in the last week.

I would say the sooner the better.

RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 10:33:01

I should send them in on monday? I was a bit concerned about them getting lost amongst all the christmas cards and stuff. They will have to go into school, I have no contact with most of the parents, otherwise I'd message around and get instant answers.

OhforfucksakeFay Thu 07-Dec-17 10:34:33

If is a whole class party then first day back. It will get lost with all the Xmas stuff going on otherwise. Not many people have plans in Jan.

If it's a handful of friends then tell the parents individually before Xmas to save the date and do invites after.

If you have a class list then contact people direct anyway

OhforfucksakeFay Thu 07-Dec-17 10:34:57

Cross post - is there definitely no class list compiled ?

RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 10:35:07

Teddy DS gives me different answers each time I ask, although there is a core of 4 names which always crop up. I can't afford to invite the whole class so I will make an educated guess to make a round 10.

RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 10:36:42

Class list consists of a list of first names given out last week to aid the writing of christmas cards. I'm only at school one afternoon a week and I don't know who most of the children are, let alone their parents.

RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 10:39:57

I think I'm going to book it for 20th and send invitations in on the first day of term.

confusedofengland Thu 07-Dec-17 10:56:07

Can you see if there's a Facebook group for the class/year & join that & invite via there? That's what we do for the first year, then you get to know other parents gradually.

tinypop4 Thu 07-Dec-17 11:01:18

Dd is reception and we've been getting party invites 6 weeks or so in advanced! I did hers about a month ahead so I would suggest about now so date is saved.

FJCE83 Thu 07-Dec-17 11:18:40

Our son’s parties have been around that date. I was never organised enough to send before Christmas so always sent them first day back. I’d be worried they would get lost with all the Christmas cards. Never had any problems, first was a whole class party and had around 20 turn up.

RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 11:49:55

No facebook group that I know of. DS1's class has one set up by a parent but it barely gets used. Our school doesn't seem to have that kind of culture of all parents as friends really.

I've booked the date now for 13th Jan, and written the invitations as best I can guess from DS2's list of friends he's told me. I think I will take them into school tomorrow as I am there first thing and hand them to the teacher. Otherwise it's cutting it a bit fine really.

hiyasminitsme Thu 07-Dec-17 11:51:19

invites go out at least 6 weeks in advance at both my kid's schools or no-one would come - weekends get booked up

RatOnnaStick Thu 07-Dec-17 11:52:37

2-4 weeks is average here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now