Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How do we get our money back from iwoot?

(21 Posts)
PunkAssMoFo Wed 06-Dec-17 21:53:03

I placed an order on 17th November which has still not arrived. I tried to cancel it last week (with 14 days) and they refused. They are almost impossible to get hold off. I tried to cancel again and they finally got back to me to say they wouldn’t as they had allocated stock to me. They still do not have the order to dispatch- it was listed as ‘in stock’. Digging online, it seems that there are many in the same postition. How can I make them give me my money back? I would never buy from them again.

I would advise people not to buy anything from iwoot, especially if they want stuff for Christmas.

BigStripeyBastard Wed 06-Dec-17 22:18:01

I ordered a mug from them years ago.. it arrived broken. They promised to send a replacement and non ever arrived. I got no refund either. Bunch of wankers. Not ordered from them since.

Growingboys Wed 06-Dec-17 22:21:11

Interesting thread. Will avoid.

Moli5 Thu 07-Dec-17 15:32:46

There are many complaints about IWOOT on many websites. Trading Standards are looking into this issue and the more people who contact them the stronger our claim becomes. It is also worth contacting the retail ombudsman. The IWOOT website had a padlock so it should have been secure. IWOOT have not yet confirmed which resolution scheme they belong to, if any.
It is worthwhile making the effort to complain otherwise they can open as another company and continue taking money without delivering the goods. Please could everyone affected take a moment to contact the retail ombudsman, trading standards etc. Cutezans Adice will forward the complaint to Trading Standards will give you a reference number but the more we link together the better.

UmSrsly Thu 07-Dec-17 15:57:13

I'm in the same boat- I placed an order on 27th Nov and haven't heard anything. I've messaged them via Twitter and they just send generic holding replies to say they're looking into it (along with everyone else on their Twitter page!). What a joke - I think they must be in trouble but still taking orders (and payments). I've also reported to trading standards via the citizens advice website.

UmSrsly Thu 07-Dec-17 15:59:20

Also - just to clarify for anyone reading out of curiosity- iwoot is iwantoneofthose.com. Avoid like the plague!

Moli5 Thu 07-Dec-17 16:41:27

Please follow up your report to Trading Standards. Their terms and conditions will not release them from obligations - they are still taking new orders

UmSrsly Thu 07-Dec-17 17:06:46

Hi Moli, I've got a ref no from citizens advice, who said they would pass the details to TS. Is there something else I should do? Do you mean I should contact trading standards directly?

Moli5 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:36:58

well done. We do need to follow up as IWOOT presently believe they can get away with not allowing customers to cancel and they won't offer refunds. We can refuse to accept deliveries as the delivery will be too late and goods can be damaged. Returning goods wil be expensive with no refund. I will let you know when I have heard from the retail ombusman and produce a link for our reports to Trading Standards. The more we get the better.

Moli5 Fri 08-Dec-17 00:28:31

If you go on twitter you will see a number of people have reported to Trading Standards, we need to link together. Plus, they reported to BBCWatchdog. Time for action. We have reported on twitter, Facebook, mumsnet, trustpilot, moneymatters, now, Need to group all that together as too many people have just allowed IWOOT keep their money and cause havoc.

extravita Fri 08-Dec-17 01:05:16

Definetly report to trading standards, also what payment method did you use? With Paypal you can start a payment dispute or request a refund.

The IWOOT website had a padlock so it should have been secure.
That just means that the details you entered would of been sent to them securely it doesn't prove it's a legitimate business or that they will send orders, just that they have ssl certificate.

LoudestRoar Fri 08-Dec-17 01:53:49

Did you pay by card? If so, contact your bank, and see if they can do a chargeback. Keep hold of all evidence of correspondance.

Moli5 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:40:37

Thank You. The story gets worse but I won't bore you. Need to contact my bank, Rogue Traders, Fake Britain, BBC Watchdog. Martin Lewis Money Matters. Gonna be busy

4forksake Fri 08-Dec-17 10:31:12

Wow, just read trust pilot. I really thought IWOOT was a credible site (although it's been years since I ordered from them). Hope you all get some resolution.

spiderlight Fri 08-Dec-17 10:56:00

IWOOT used to be brilliant, anout ten years ago. I don't know what's happened to them but they are now absolutely awful and I would never buy from them again.

UmSrsly Sat 09-Dec-17 08:01:31

After a few days of trying to chase up my order and no satisfactory response from IWOOT, I wrote to them to cancel my order (by post, Twitter dm and via their online contact form. I also emailed but the email address on their website doesn't work). I need the items this weekend and have since reordered them from elsewhere (and received them two days later!)

I now have an email from IWOOT saying they will deliver my order next week! Argh. I have been very clear to them that I no longer want their things. I really don't want to be stuck with the hassle and expense of returning them. Does anyone know- can I refuse to take delivery of them?

Moli5 Sat 09-Dec-17 09:29:01

www.asa.org.uk › rulings › the-hu...
15 Feb 2012 · IWantOneOfThose.com (IWOOT), replying on behalf of BBC Magazines, said in the period between 1 January 2011 and 31 August 2011, the advertised product was available for purchase on their ...

Moli5 Tue 12-Dec-17 08:02:48

FAKE claims by IWOOT
Items are not in stock, so IWOOT can cancel but choose not to. Items not even despatched when they say they are. Fake emails from IWOOT. Hermes distributor confirmed no parcel has been delivered to them despite a tracking order given to customers. Fake claim by IWOOT. It's very simple IWOOT just refund the money you took from customers accounts. Nothing else is required, except compensation to all customers.

HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 12-Dec-17 08:09:48

Wow. I've used them loads lately and had no issues at all. Didn't know all this was happening

Littlegreyauditor Tue 12-Dec-17 08:43:53

This happened to me last year. I ordered my item at the start of November as I was planning to send it to relatives overseas for Christmas. It was “in stock” but no delivery date given. I emailed them mid November and was repeatedly fobbed off. They refused to refund. In the end I emailed them every day until I got an answer from a person, not an automatic response.
They refused to refund and in the end the item was delivered at the end of January, well past my intended date.

I refuse to shop with them again, but in spite of unsubscribing, and putting my unsubscribe request in writing (both email and letter), they still send me regular little whining “we miss you” emails.

They used to be a reasonable company but now they are shite.

Moli5 Tue 12-Dec-17 09:12:50

What surprises me is that they purchased this failing company with full knowledge of all the mistakes the previous owner had made. They have played this game a long time and could have learned from the past if they choose to heed the findings of the advertising standards agency and other rulings against them. Like I said, they have been playing their game a lot longer than us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now