Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

UK cat killer

(265 Posts)
Be3Al2Si6O18 Sat 02-Dec-17 08:30:55

Been thumbing through the news and came across this story. Over 250 deaths attributed to same person, who they have a description of. Horrific there is someone like this running around the UK - Northamptonshire now, at night armed with a knife. I was wondering just how much police attention would be placed on catching them now? Would all units be concsiously looking out for someone when on regular patrol? I hope they catch the bastard and send them to Broadmoor indefinitely.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 02-Dec-17 08:39:35

SNARL is a charity in South London (near where some of the first cases were reported). They are helping the police with the investigation and also supporting families affected.

snarl.org.uk/donate/

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:37:39

It's been going on for a few years now.

You really need to keep cats in overnight. It doesn't protect the ferals & stray abandoned pets who still trust humans.

It's getting more frequent too.

Bimble14 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:55:44

They have also started targeting pet rabbits sad

Screepy Sat 02-Dec-17 10:00:33

I really hope this person gets their comeuppance. And I'm usually the last person to say something like that. angry

BeetrootTart Sat 02-Dec-17 10:04:08

Fucking lunatic. It's taking far too long to catch this person.

I don't live in the UK but live somewhere where people are often intentionally cruel to animals. I have rescue cats who are indoor only for this reason. I feel bad that they don't get to go outside but I'd feel worse if something awful happened.

Flumplet Sat 02-Dec-17 10:06:46

It’s an animal killer - baby foxes, rabbits and squirrels are all associated with this case. Mostly cats though. It won’t be much longer before the thrill of cats isn’t enough and they move on to something else. Worrying.

BeetrootTart Sat 02-Dec-17 10:07:48

Definitely worrying and deeply disturbing.

Be3Al2Si6O18 Sat 02-Dec-17 10:13:21

I just wonder what the police activity is like. How many assigned to the case? Are they just keeping an eye out for someone who matches the description? Or is it more concerted than that, maps with pins in, checking CCTV for vehicles that appear to match the pattern etc? In some ways I can see this would stretch resources. In other ways I can see this would train younger officers, ie the fact it is animals and not people, but training on catching a killer nevertheless.

Caroline253 Sat 02-Dec-17 10:20:23

Cats have been going missing in Ireland recently as well including one of my own unfortunately sad. A pet shop has compiled a list of all the cats gone over the last few months and put it on a map and it seems to be mostly the northern half of Ireland. I think they have around 350 cats reported missing so far. Here's the link : www.petconnection.ie/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=1900365

Its really disturbing and not much is being done about it as a lot of people are putting it down to cats wandering.

TheSultanofPingu Sat 02-Dec-17 10:48:28

I don't know the answer to your questions op, but I'm confident that they will catch this bastard eventually. Just hope it's sooner rather than later!

Efferlunt Sat 02-Dec-17 14:06:08

I’ve read a couple of articles on this which I can’t now find. They suggest that the police do take this pretty seriously. They’ve developed a full psychological profile of him, which suggest he has real issues with women.

BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Sat 02-Dec-17 14:47:29

The police are working on this. I saw a documentary where they said they think it will only be so long before the killer isn't satisfied by animals anymore and turns their attention towards people. It's very worrying. Poor cats.

BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Sat 02-Dec-17 14:51:52

How have they attributed that many animal deaths to one person? Cats have right to roam so can go missing/be killed by multiple causes. I'm really not a cat fan in the slightest but am aware of the link between animal killing and murder/Serious offending so yes there is cause to worry on that front. But on the plus side people will be keeping their cats indoors as a result now so that can only be good for local wildlife <always seeking the positives in life>

DownTheChimney Sat 02-Dec-17 14:56:45

How have they attributed that many animal deaths to one person?

Vets have carried out post mortems and believe it is the same person by something they have done to the animals confused

I'd like to get my hands on the bastard angry

Oldraver Sat 02-Dec-17 15:05:31

Are the police actually bothered though ?

There have been a few shootings along the road my road is off. It isnt a long road, the houses are spread out and it'd been going on for years. We have very little crime to keep the police busy round here, so with their resources I dont think it would be much to narrow down who it is.

Do they care ? Do they fuck

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 02-Dec-17 15:05:43

There are some sickos living amongst us. Its terrifying. I prey they find this beast asap before more innocent creatures are killed. Mind you they're likely to get community service. hmm
Who remembers about 6 years 2 youths kicked a tiny baby deer to death. I mean how could you possibly possibly hurt something so trusting and innocent. I don't think the wicked shits even went to jail either

GladAllOver Sat 02-Dec-17 15:10:32

It's the same old story of police resources being cut back and prioritised on the most serious crimes.
According to the Times today, Nottinghamshire police are no longer going to attend shoplifting cases.

Undercoverbanana Sat 02-Dec-17 15:10:54

I know for a fact that the police DGAF.

DancesWithOtters Sat 02-Dec-17 15:11:31

They know it has been the same person because many of the animals have been found with undigested raw chicken breast in their stomachs.

That's what he is using to entice them to him.

BeetrootTart Sat 02-Dec-17 15:12:01

How have they attributed that many animal deaths to one person? Cats have right to roam so can go missing/be killed by multiple causes

They're being decapitated and dismembered - I can't imagine that's a standard cause of cat death. Some have also had raw chicken found in their stomachs so it is assumed this is used to lure them.

I really don't think it's appropriate to be "seeking the positives" in such a horrific situation. Someone on here has very recently, potentially been directly affected by this. I'm sure she doesn't see the positive. It is heartbreaking.

DownTheChimney Sat 02-Dec-17 15:15:16

I think the police are taking it seriously, not because they are animals unfortunately, but because they know it is only a matter of time before he turns to humans.........

Maudlinmaud Sat 02-Dec-17 15:27:57

I had only heard about this case through MN until a few weeks ago when I read a BBC news article. It's heartbreaking. My understanding was that the police where trying to catch this monster and where raising awareness of the crime.

Nyx1 Sat 02-Dec-17 15:29:48

Effer "They’ve developed a full psychological profile of him, which suggest he has real issues with women."

oh I am so not surprised! As soon as I heard this, I thought it was going to be some freak show murdering animals they associate with "witches".

CaptainBrickbeard Sat 02-Dec-17 15:34:48

Somebody carrying out such prolific torture of animals is definitely going to move on from cats. What he's done is terrible enough; what he could do in future is unimaginable. I hope they catch him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now