Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Harry & Meghan it’s official.

(616 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Trevorthebikethief Mon 27-Nov-17 10:04:39

Just been announced on the news.

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Mon 27-Nov-17 10:07:00

Lovely news. I saw it on the BBC.

seizethecuttlefish Mon 27-Nov-17 10:07:14

Yay. They always look so happy together.

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Mon 27-Nov-17 10:07:55

I'm always happy to hear another couple are getting married no matter who they are.

millsbynight Mon 27-Nov-17 10:08:04

I don’t know what it is about her but I can’t warm to her.

Congratulations to them though!

QuimJongUn Mon 27-Nov-17 10:08:43

I'm sure that'll cheer up the queues at the food bank no end.

Nothing against her - she seems lovely actually. And every newly engaged couple is deserving of all best wishes. But ffs. Another royal wedding costing millions while people are struggling to survive. Obscene.

Raisedbyguineapigs Mon 27-Nov-17 10:09:03

aah good luck to them! Let the lunacy begin! I could do with a good distraction from the dull realities of life!

Clawdy Mon 27-Nov-17 10:09:45

She is so beautiful, and looks such a lovely girl. Nice to hear some happy news for once.

DontDrinkDontSmoke Mon 27-Nov-17 10:10:12

A least she’ll get her own ring (probably). No dead mother in law cast offs for Meg.

Good luck to them.

KateMiddletonsOtherMum Mon 27-Nov-17 10:11:47

Just off to Philip Treacey to buy may hat!!

SnugglySnerd Mon 27-Nov-17 10:13:09

We reckon he was waiting for Black Friday to buy a ring!

flimflaminurjams Mon 27-Nov-17 10:13:42

Any chance we get a day off? I know he's not top of the pile but would love to see the wedding and toast the happy couple have an extra day off grin

TheRealPrincessMeghan Mon 27-Nov-17 10:13:50

That's great.

RebootYourEngine Mon 27-Nov-17 10:14:46

I love a wedding as much as the next person but does anyone else feel like this is rushed. They havent been dating that long. It just feels like they have almost slightly been forced into it by the media.

crazypenguinlady Mon 27-Nov-17 10:14:49

I think it's lovely news. There's so much d9om and gloom in the world these days, I love hearing about weddings, babies etc, whether it's a couple down the road or Harry and Meghan.

Good luck to them smile

Nikephorus Mon 27-Nov-17 10:14:59

Another drain on society. Wouldn't it be lovely if they buggered off to Canada to marry & live permanently (preferably taking the rest of the layabouts with them)

SoddingSoda Mon 27-Nov-17 10:15:00

If there's no bank holiday there shouldn't be a wedding... I don't want my taxes being wasted ;)

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Mon 27-Nov-17 10:15:05

Will be have a massive wedding though? What did the siblings of Charles have?

ThomasRichard Mon 27-Nov-17 10:15:43

grin snuggly

This made me smile this morning. Congratulations to them both.

GinnyWreckin Mon 27-Nov-17 10:15:49

It’s lovely news!

Woah, who said anything about their wedding costing “millions of pounds” @QuimJongUn
Surely you know a royal wedding makes a fortune in tourism?

It’s a win win, and I’m delighted that Harry seems to have sorted himself out. Also the fact that she is biracial is groundbreaking for the British royal family. Much needed in this multicultural world.

I’m delighted too Megan has a had a job, and also does stuff in the global sphere, unlike Catherine who seems happy to be more domestically inclined... her choice of course, but still, a bit disappointing.

RainbowPastel Mon 27-Nov-17 10:15:55

Very happy for them. Bet they will wait until after the new baby arrives for the wedding.

PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Mon 27-Nov-17 10:17:36

Someone here said it was going to be announced on Tuesday!
What information were they working on?

wowfudge Mon 27-Nov-17 10:21:11

Supposition and rumour.

QuimJongUn Mon 27-Nov-17 10:21:24

Surely you know a royal wedding makes a fortune in tourism?

No, it doesn't. It costs millions to police and organise. Not to mention the cost of the party itself. Which we'll all pay for, of course.

And then of course we'll have to pay for their idle lives of luxury and those of their offspring, too.

I'd rather spend my taxes on the vulnerable, sprinklers in tower blocks and eradicating the need for food banks, thanks.

Liiinoo Mon 27-Nov-17 10:21:26

Reboot They have been together 18 months, that seems fine to me, particularly given they are both in their thirties. Assuming they might want children, they can't hang around too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now