Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Present for a 2 year old

(5 Posts)
Pickledonion24 Fri 24-Nov-17 22:55:07

Visiting some of step mums family around staying for a weekend away what kind of gift can I bring for the two year old was thinking some books but is that two boring

Maplestaple Fri 24-Nov-17 23:03:53

My 2 year old loves books. Colouring stuff or play doh is always a good option.

CheapSausagesAndSpam Fri 24-Nov-17 23:04:32

Books are great I think. Everyone loves those. If you want to get a toy then most toddlers love cuddly toys...a nice bear or bunny.

lostintranslocation Fri 24-Nov-17 23:04:49

Books are a great idea. Try to avoid ones like the very hungry caterpillar/ the gruffalo etc that I suspect most toddlers have been given by the time they're two! There's a good thread in the Christmas topic with book suggestions at the moment. (I think it's in the Christmas topic).

Other ideas:
Some kind of construction thing? Marble run? (if they're at the older end of two, probably better).

These www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000UFEGUK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=galt+water+painting&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1511564518&sr=8-1

are fantastic - gets a lot of use in our house and is reusable, which is brilliant.

Something role play related? A toy drill or doctors kit? (does depend what they may already have).

My two year old desperately wants an umbrella, so maybe something practical like that? (or rather, totally impractical, in reality!).

Caterina99 Sat 25-Nov-17 04:50:53

My DS is 2.5. He loves books. He also loves any kind of toy vehicle or random small plastic animals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now