Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

MY " NON VERBAL" 9 YEAR OLD IS TALKING!!!

(102 Posts)
BLUESEAPARADISE Fri 24-Nov-17 17:08:17

I don't know if you remember but a while ago I made a post saying that my non verbal 9 year old had said his first word ( he said "oh no!") and I was super proud of him .. since then he has said " Nana and " shut up" blush( he says this randomly / isn't aimed at anyone and he doesn't know what it means) he doesn't use the words regularly or in context but I am still super proud .. especially considering we were told by health professionals he would NEVER say a word!

Anyway TODAY he has said " Don't Worry!" 😍😍😍 I am SO SO SO PROUD of my boy! ( first time he has ever said this!)

I am now currently sitting listening to him opening and closing the living room door and every time he goes to close the door he is saying " Don't worry!" 😍😍😍

I never thought I would hear my precious son speak and here I am ... the TV is off and I can hear my boy!!!😭😭

So if anyone is having a bad day a little message from my son .. " Don't worry!" thanksthanksthanksthanks

So so happy and so so proud!
😭😍😭😍😭😍😭

IJoinedJustToPostThis Fri 24-Nov-17 17:10:01

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful moment!

catkind Fri 24-Nov-17 17:10:14

Lovely to read. Don't worry, bluesea, your DS is awesome!
Have some celebratory wine wine cake

Tiggles Fri 24-Nov-17 17:10:35

Love this post. What a star

Meeep Fri 24-Nov-17 17:11:02

What a happy day for you smile

MyBrilliantDisguise Fri 24-Nov-17 17:11:17

That is so lovely. (And funny that one of the first things he says is 'shut up'!!!)

Congratulations to your lovely boy.

Emillee Fri 24-Nov-17 17:11:23

Oh gosh, that's just lovely!!

GreatStar Fri 24-Nov-17 17:11:38

smile ah youre so proud xx

davidbyrneswhitesuit Fri 24-Nov-17 17:12:36

flowers many, many congratulations - must be such an amazing feeling to witness him talking. You know he can now insult his granny, and apologise to her? grin Enjoy every single one of those don't worries....sounds as if there might be some other words to come .....

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 24-Nov-17 17:12:45

Aw.i was having a rubbish day and that bought tears to my eyes(in a good way)
Thanks for sharing an amazing moment.you must be over the moon.star for your little star.x

LadyDeadpool Fri 24-Nov-17 17:12:46

Aww! That's so lovely to hear flowers I've been having a rough week and this has made me cry and I'm normally quite tough. Long may his speech continue

FernAndTheFernandos Fri 24-Nov-17 17:13:33

This made me cry. How lovely. flowers

BlackeyedSusan Fri 24-Nov-17 17:15:44

yay!

I have a slight fondness for the past non verbal phase, dc is equally stressed as before but is now expressing it in inappropriate verbal responses.

let's hope your's keeps up the good verbals!

i hate fecking communication disorders

and the door obsession opening and closing (sweet) has now resulted in rather more vigourous door closing, such that I now need to do some repairs.

SoupDragon Fri 24-Nov-17 17:16:34

smile

GreyCloudsToday Fri 24-Nov-17 17:17:04

I do remember your last post, and it's wonderful to hear this update! Keep talking kiddo! star

OpalIridescence Fri 24-Nov-17 17:17:59

Such a lovely post, well done to you and your son!

grin

Whinesalot Fri 24-Nov-17 17:19:38

Lovely update to the original post.

SkeletalFishtail Fri 24-Nov-17 17:19:47

I also remember your post a while ago. So very happy to read this news. Congratulations and enjoy!!!!! Don't worry be happy smilesmilesmile

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 24-Nov-17 17:20:02

Aww OP, your post has really filled me up.
One of my DS's was a late speaker, but did eventually begin to talk, after therapy.
Thank you for sharing your joy, you're a great Mum.πŸ’

x2boys Fri 24-Nov-17 17:20:08

Well done to your son my son is seven and non verbal its things like this that give me hope flowers

LadyNellCardross Fri 24-Nov-17 17:24:09

What a lovely post. Well done to your wee boy. You sound like a fab mum and he's lucky to have you.

Musicalmistress Fri 24-Nov-17 17:25:11

That’s amazing! πŸ˜€

MrsDoyleFallingOutTheWindow Fri 24-Nov-17 17:29:49

Well done to your lovely boy. Enjoy it. star

MinnowAndTheBear Fri 24-Nov-17 17:32:49

I remember your first post. What a lovely moment for you OP xxx

OstentatiousWanking Fri 24-Nov-17 17:34:07

That's amazing. I too have wet eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now