Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If your baby was very active in the womb, were they a very active / hyper child?

(44 Posts)
WIFIOfferEndsNow Fri 24-Nov-17 10:47:39

I am currently pregnant and this baby I feel is constantly moving/ kicking/ wriggling almost all day. Even in the middle of the night if I wake up, it's moving. Obviously, it has it's quiet moments but comparing to my other babies which I really didn't feel moved about much, it's really active.
I just wondered if there was a link!

Changerofname987654321 Fri 24-Nov-17 10:49:42

No my wiggly baby is calm for the average toddler.

When you move around your baby in the womb is rocked to sleep and they wake up when it is quiet. This is why they have night and day mixed up when they are born.

WIFIOfferEndsNow Fri 24-Nov-17 10:51:37

I am quite active during the day which is why it's kind of thrown me!

OuchBollocks Fri 24-Nov-17 10:52:12

Yes x2. Both had sonographers comment on how active they were, DC1 is an utter whirlwind, DC2 crawling at 6 months with go go gadget arms and the HV at baby weighing laughed saying how "sometimes you see a baby with mischief in their eyes - this is one".

I'm shattered. grin

lljkk Fri 24-Nov-17 10:53:25

Not at all. maybe I was just over-excited in thinking PFB was very wiggly.

furryelephant Fri 24-Nov-17 10:54:02

My dd seems to barely move in utero. She’s 1 and literally does not stop moving all day and night.

GrockleBocs Fri 24-Nov-17 10:55:22

Yes. Ds was wriggly as hell and still is.

StupidSlimyGit Fri 24-Nov-17 10:55:47

Yep! My midwives always commented on how difficult it was to pin DD down when they were trying to scan her, she's now one and a little (less hairy) version of Taz!

badabing36 Fri 24-Nov-17 10:56:01

Mine was and is very. I wiggley, it looks like there isn't a link from this small sample though.

BertramTheWalrus Fri 24-Nov-17 10:57:01

DS1 was hyperactive in the womb compared to DS2. He is three now and while he loves his exercise, he is also perfectly capable of sitting still reading a book, or waiting for something without running around. Not hyperactive at all. He also loves being pushed around in the pram.
DS2, who moved so little in the womb I was constantly having to prod him, is 1 and exactly the same as DS1 was at that age.

mossyroundhill Fri 24-Nov-17 10:58:35

I had to go in twice because DD didn’t move for hours. Apart from the occasional turn she was very quiet.
She’s now 2.5 and even today with a chest infection she is full of beans. Doesn’t even keep still in her sleep grin

goose1964 Fri 24-Nov-17 10:58:39

no, you need dynamite to get DS1 moving

Sashkin Fri 24-Nov-17 10:59:59

No - very active in utero, placid 8mo now. He can get about, but he lies on his back like a lazy beached whale most of the time crying for us to bring stuff to him (if you leave the room he rolls over and gets it himself).

Witchend Fri 24-Nov-17 11:14:03

Dd1 I didn't really feel until 28 weeks, She'd have a short active time about bedtime but other than that didn't move much. She's 17yo and is still cuddle up still person. The one thing she did do inside me was a stretch with one foot pointing down and one arm straight up, thumping on my lungs and bladder at the same time. When she came out and did it, I knew exactly what that was.
Dd2 was a bit of a wriggler, but showed one bit of personality by sticking her arm out as hard as she could. Really painful, often showed a bump of 0.5" or more. I'd push it to get it back in, and she'd wait until I'd stopped and put it straight back again. She's more active than dd1, and still as determined to do her own thing despite objections.
Ds wriggled non stop. He still does. He's currently ill and watching a film, and he's still wriggling round on the chair, albeit with his head on the desk in front of him.

Evelynismyspyname Fri 24-Nov-17 11:17:08

No. How much movement I felt in each of my 3 pregnancies was related to where the placenta was, not the baby's energy levels.

thepatchworkcat Fri 24-Nov-17 11:20:20

Yes mine was super wriggly and now at nearly 5 doesn’t seem able to be still at all unless he’s asleep!

SaturdayNIghtAtTheMovies Fri 24-Nov-17 11:25:13

My super flippy, somersaulty baby has continued that. Spirited and rarely upright.

She's 11 now. She dances, does gymnastics and is a flyer on a cheerleading team.

I'm not sure it counts as scientific proof though! grin

CosySnuggles Fri 24-Nov-17 11:28:14

The opposite for me- not very active in the womb (was even worried about lack of movement a few times) and was then a complete tornado and just never stops!

CuppaSarah Fri 24-Nov-17 11:33:21

My wiggly baby is a pretty chilled girl, but my relaxed baby was a calm baby and utterly mental toddler

Hoppinggreen Fri 24-Nov-17 11:36:40

No, Dd is now 12 and has always been quite hyper both mentally and physically but was quite chilled in the womb
DS is very chilled ( lazy) now and always slept well from birth but he did enjoy playing football with my rib cage!,,

Sarahh2014 Fri 24-Nov-17 11:38:49

My now 3 nearly 4 ds is somewhere in the middle and he only stopped moving when I slept before he was born.apparently they move in their sleep too

NeilPetark Fri 24-Nov-17 11:42:37

Yes, both lived up to their scan pictures. One wriggly now live wire child and one not wriggly now calm child.

DistractedByIrrelevance Fri 24-Nov-17 12:00:53

DS2 wasn’t particularly active until the evening when he really went for it. Now at 3 months he still is at his most awake and alert and wriggly at the same time every evening.

ImAMarshmellow Fri 24-Nov-17 12:20:33

Ds barely moved in the womb. He’s 14 months and doesn’t bloody sit still grin

FuzzyOwl Fri 24-Nov-17 12:28:13

I had two babies who were very quiet in the womb. When they were born, I had to set alarms to wake them up and feed them because they slept so much. Excluding illness/development leaps/post vaccinations etc, they are still both very reliable and consistent sleepers who self settled and slept for long stretches from a very early age. They are very lively when awake though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now