Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

There's an awful (intermittent) stench of rotting meat/dog food, what could it be?

(15 Posts)
babyturtles Thu 23-Nov-17 21:26:14

EURGH

I only smell it in front of the party wall to next doors (bedroom) and I only smell it every so often, but when I do it's really god awful.

i've picked up anything to see if the dogs have left anything in the room but can't find ANYTHING. I've bleached the units in the room in case there's some residual gunk from a dog and it still STINKS.

What the FUCK can it be?!

babyturtles Thu 23-Nov-17 21:26:31

this has been the last 3 days

HellYeh Thu 23-Nov-17 21:30:24

Something dead (mouse/rat/bird) under the floorboards or in the wall?

Missonihoni Thu 23-Nov-17 21:31:22

Have you knocked on your neighbour to
See if they are alive and well.

cliffdiver Thu 23-Nov-17 21:34:29

Does it smell almost sweet? Could be a rat.

Firstly, I would check with your neighbours that they are alive then call out pest control.

traviata Thu 23-Nov-17 21:36:31

wet plaster - as it dries it has that meaty smell

BillyDaveysDaughter Thu 23-Nov-17 21:38:39

Came to say dead mouse/rat under the floorboards. That's a waiting game I'm afraid, if there is no way of locating the carcass...it takes about 10-14 days to fade! <speaking from whiffy experience>

HopeClearwater Thu 23-Nov-17 21:46:24

Seriously - are your neighbours ok?

babyturtles Thu 23-Nov-17 21:58:07

Neighbours fine, I don't see them but hear them.

No, it doesn't smell sweet.

Eugh.

Gramgram Thu 23-Nov-17 23:05:52

Any chance you are pregnant? Your sense of smell can go into overdrive when pregnant. Mine did, coffee just smelt revolting, like rubber burning. Just a thought, hope you sort out the horrid smell soon.

LemonMousse Thu 23-Nov-17 23:38:15

Neighbours fine, I don't see them but hear them.

Could that just be the rats/maggots/flies? wink

endofthelinefinally Thu 23-Nov-17 23:41:50

Is your neighbour cooking bush meat?

abitoflight Fri 24-Nov-17 00:20:05

I had this once in kitchen and eventually tracked it down to a dog related bit of chicken that had got into washer and was festering away in the rubber seal around drum - it was grim confused

LadyDeLaFuente Fri 24-Nov-17 02:32:05

I had this once and the smell was actually coming from the plug socket! Something may have died in that party wall, with the smell coming through the plug socket holes. Weird as I live abroad and rats are so rare here. It went away after a few weeks...

TroubledTribble28 Fri 24-Nov-17 02:59:19

We found my Dad dead and he had been alone for a few days, that smell is very 'unique'. Are there other neighbours you need to check on incase it isn't next door the smell is coming from? If it was a rat would there not be the smell of rat wee somewhere else in the house?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now