Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Apple Watch owners! Would DH like an Apple Watch for Xmas?

(6 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Thu 23-Nov-17 16:58:08

I know you don't know him! He does like watches and wears different ones. He uses an iPhone. He is shockingly bad at remembering appointments and kid pick ups. He is a lapsed cyclist who needs to do some more exercise. He quite enjoys using Alexa type tech at home.

Do you think he might enjoy the product benefits or are they really just gimmicky? I fear it would be a 5 minute wonder.

Can you tell I am not super techy?

Thanks for any advice!

whiteblankpage Thu 23-Nov-17 17:21:44

My DH is techy and a massive Apple fan so the watch has been a huge hit for him. Much like your DH, his memory is shocking regarding appointments and dates in the diary so he loves being reminded AND it tells him to move his arse on a night if he hasn’t done enough exercise so it prompts him to walk the dog an extra half hour or whatever.
I think it’s a super thoughtful gift and if I could have gotten him it as a surprise instead of him buying it the second it was released I would have jumped at the chance.

billyt Thu 23-Nov-17 17:27:14

I'm an Apple fan. I bought an Apple Watch for myself last Christmas. I have lots of watches but since I bought this it's the only one I wear.

Love it.

You just need to search for the right one. Does he need GPS? Will he be diving to 30 metres? Will he want to make calls if he's left his phone at home? I didn't so bought a Watch that didn't have features I wouldn't use. Makes a saving.

Heratnumber7 Thu 23-Nov-17 17:38:15

How big are his fingers, and how good is his eyesight?

I need reading glasses, but can’t wear them walking about, so I can’t read the watch face very well.

I also find the little dots too tiny to use - fat fingers and eyesight as above.

ITCouldBeWorse Thu 23-Nov-17 17:56:31

Hmm

He travels a lot, but does not often forget his phone. He does not wear reading glasses but probably should. He also has sausage fingers!

His phone is a company one, so does that mean he would need to set it up with that? Probably no go if so as he would get messages all bloody night from different time zones!

ITCouldBeWorse Thu 23-Nov-17 17:57:38

Certainly diving is not essential! I think he would need the bigger one as he is pretty chunky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now