Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's hacked me off today and what's made me happy...

(28 Posts)
Fekko Thu 23-Nov-17 08:23:42

A little distraction from my moody, grumpy 13 year old who is currently rolling his eyes, hurrumphing and generally pretending that he doesn't know me on the train... I had the audacity to ask him if he had remembered his homework.

Hacked off - someone (me) didn't rinse out the coffee pot properly and my much needed morning cup of coffee tasted like soap. Yuk!

Happy - I've got the office to myself today so I can put on music and get stuck into a project I'm really going to enjoy. Yay!

cjt110 Thu 23-Nov-17 08:41:36

A little distraction from my monotonous boring day job.

Hacked off - I have left my phone at home. Decided to take a small handbag instead of my usual lunch bag. Have left phone in lunch bag.

Happy - That I've left my phone at home and cant be disturbed.

Fekko Thu 23-Nov-17 08:46:15

More hacked- even after brushing my teeth I can still taste soap!

More happy - on my walk to work I pass some beautiful buildings and structures. Crunching through autumn leaves, the weak wintery sun lighting up the rooftops and shining through some stained glass windows - it is all very pretty.

FaintlyBaffled Thu 23-Nov-17 09:05:42

Hacked off- I have to clean the whole house today because I am a lazy slattern who has been off work a week and not done it yet because we have guests for the weekend.
Happy- I've just had a lovely cuddle with DCat who passes DH at the bedroom door every morning. I'm also feeling much better after being ill for the past six days <sniff>

Fekko Thu 23-Nov-17 09:07:20

(Photo of cat please)

BobbinThreadbare123 Thu 23-Nov-17 09:08:53

Hacked off that I literally can't get to work due to flooding and it's not even a nice day to spend the enforced time off.

Happy that they rescued a lot of poor horses that were trapped by a flood. Also I've got a nice cup of tea.

MiracleCure Thu 23-Nov-17 09:11:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MiracleCure Thu 23-Nov-17 09:11:35

lucysmam Thu 23-Nov-17 09:11:56

Hacked off - I woke up thinking my grumbling tum was hungry; it wasn't, I have diarrhoea sad and still had to walk dd2 to school. Got to miss an extra work day too.

Happy - it's a school day. I can feel sorry for myself on my own without dd2 helpfully checking on me like she was this morning.

MiracleCure Thu 23-Nov-17 09:12:12

CuppaSarah Thu 23-Nov-17 09:15:51

Hacked off-I've suddebly become a bit shit at driving with no.obvious cause and it's annoying me as I have to drive like my grandma used to, to be safe.

Happy-discovered dd is the lead in her classes Christmas play. A year ago she was being assesed for autism and struggling massively with day to day social situations. Now she's playing with her peers and confident enough to get on stage! Oh and a friend told me she's pregnant and I'm so thrilled for her.

didyouseethesunwasred Thu 23-Nov-17 09:40:48

Hacked off- I woke up this morning with a sore throat and then period started. Got to work and there's no heating.

Happy- I've only got a half day today! And there's a piece of chocolate cake with my name on it waiting at home for me.

mumof2sarah Thu 23-Nov-17 09:49:36

I know it's the next morning but yesterday was this...

Realising who a friend really is to the point I sobbed and felt broken hearted 💔
My beautiful girl (6) telling me how I'm her most favourite person ever and she loves me more than anything then proceeded to say "my beautiful queen" ❤️ cheered me completely up xx

mummyhaschangedhername Thu 23-Nov-17 09:55:28

Hacked off - didn’t sleep well, spent the entire day yesterday dealing with consequences of our burglary which was WEEKS ago. But Police, insurance, husband suddenly wants to spend entire evening looking at safes, jewellers etc ... it’s been weeks, so it just felt heavy going dealing with everyone yesterday, then husband kept wanting to discuss sages until early hours of the morning at which point I really had lost the will go live.

Happy - my twins birthday is tomorrow so a weekend of celebrations. Although I tend to get quite stressed worrying that I haven’t made it Special enough ... however, I’m sure they will have a lovely day/weekend. Plus cake is always a bonus.

Tentomidnight Thu 23-Nov-17 09:55:36

Hacked off that I am feeling ill this morning when I have loads to do.

Happy that I have just had a £25 windfall.

MiniTheMinx Thu 23-Nov-17 09:56:14

Yesterday. Happy that I managed a psychotic child in the middle of an episode, kept him safe. Working on skills with said person to self regulate and not be scared.

Hacked off to find myself restraining two very big teenage boys. On day ten of a horrendous shift rotation and late at night.

AnarchyKitty Thu 23-Nov-17 09:59:33

Happy: Extra hours (money) at work until Christmas.
Hacked off: Extra hours don't fit around my gym opening time's and I'm trying to fit into my dress for the Christmas party.

It's a double edged sword grin

Goingalonenow Thu 23-Nov-17 10:28:26

Hacked off - I have a migraine, tantrumming toddler and a shift in a busy pub later (with a migraine).

Happy - I just bought supernoodles.

FaintlyBaffled Thu 23-Nov-17 10:55:38

For Fekko wink

Velvetbee Thu 23-Nov-17 11:26:35

Hacked off. We're being 'creative' this morning.
I'm finishing a bloody cardboard Roman villa (I can't make the sodding walls fit, thanks Usborne).
One DS is making a papier-mâché version of a minecraft landscape he made earlier on, you know, actual Minecraft. He's currently drying builders sand in the oven to sprinkle over the whole mess.
Another DS is experimenting with puddles of paint, on the floor where the dog is helping. DS has thrown a wobbly because we don't have grey paint, he'll actually have to mix white and black.
Happy because the sun's shining. And when the dust has settled we'll be pleased we made stuff.

BluthsFrozenBananas Thu 23-Nov-17 11:38:46

Hacked off- the puppy, who up until now has slept beautifully through the night decided to basically throw a tantrum between 1am and 2.30am. Between her and the storm I didn’t sleep well. Then for some reason DDs friend kept trying to FaceTime her via my iPad while we were trying to get ready for school. Because of the weather I drove to school, which is a special hell all it’s own, then when we got to school DD had forgotten her wellies which she needed for forest school, meaning I had to do the whole trip again.

Happy- I had a nice sleepy snuggle with The now forgiven puppy and ate a mince pie.

Fekko Thu 23-Nov-17 11:56:11

The cat pic has made me very 😊

Hacked off - my boss is coming onto the office now!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 23-Nov-17 12:00:00

Hacked off - went into work early to meet with a stakeholder who requested an early meeting, only for them not to turn up

Happy - DH went to Aldi just to get me some sloe gin mince pies because I was so annoyed about the meeting

Fekko Fri 24-Nov-17 08:23:23

Happy - I have been alerted to the existence of sloe gin mince pies

Hacked - child leaves a foot of water on the bath after his 'shower' (oh the plug must've fallen into the plug hole, I didn't notice) so I had to bail out frantically before my showed (I'm not standing in his verucca-y water!).

Also received emails at daft o'clock majorly changing the mechanics of a project I'm working on today, so I have to backtrack and try to solve the horrible problem it's thrown up.

And I'm now running late because of the above.

Emabrmsca Fri 24-Nov-17 08:35:09

Happy- it's Friday! Get to have a nice glass of vino tonight with the Mr and watch I'm a celebrity.

Hacked- my daughter is in a fowl mood, which means she's going to be miserable most of the day. She's 3 and she's the boss. If she's not happy, no one is happy.

Counting down the hours until bedtime!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now