Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Irrationally pissed pff with DH

(22 Posts)
RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 08:04:17

Because there’s no fucking petrol in the car and I don’t know if I can get to the shop and back on the orange light. He works next to the sodding garage. He was there with the car yesterday. He does the finances, he makes sure the car runs properly (I.e. tells me when to take it in for service etc) and I do everything else. That’s his job. Make sure the car is useable. And I’m supposed to be working this morning, he wants a cooked dinner and I don’t have anything in angry and he’s not answering his phone angryangry

wowfudge Thu 23-Nov-17 08:05:20

How far away does he work, what kind of car is it and how far away is the shop?

OuchBollocks Thu 23-Nov-17 08:05:56

That's not irrational. I'd be mega fucked off. Can you get a cab to work and tell him to sort the car and pick up something for dinner while he's at it?

RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 08:06:03

He’s half an hour away. Car is a Skoda. Shop is 10 mins away.

cestlavielife Thu 23-Nov-17 08:08:01

So dont cook hot dinner..or use up rice pasta lentils beans from cupboard. That s a hot dinner.

wowfudge Thu 23-Nov-17 08:08:55

You'll be fine, unless the car has a huge engine and his work is half an hour away at 70mph on the motorway. I work 11 miles from home and can drive to and from work twice on fumes. I don't, but I could.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 23-Nov-17 08:09:29

I have a 1.8 litre scenic and still has 30 miles left on orange light.
Or get a taxi to the shops and 'bill' dh.

DontbouncelikeIdid Thu 23-Nov-17 08:11:48

Fill the car up, go to work, and let him sort buying food for dinner. I'm not sure why it is so urgent you go to the shop? I'd be pissed off too.

RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 08:16:32

I have the car today so I can get to the shop I can’t get to easily and not have to carry everything home.
We have a voucher for the garage next to his work, there’s a different garage on the way to the shop. How much should I put in to tide us over?

deepestdarkestperu Thu 23-Nov-17 08:19:46

I don’t get why you’re so angry? Can you not just get petrol from a nearby garage as a one-off? It’s hardly the end of the world - stick a tenner in and it’ll last until he can take it to the one you have a voucher for.

I get it’s a bit annoying but nobody remembers everything all the time.

RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 08:22:27

No, I don’t get why I’m so angry either.
He knows I hate filling the car.
I’m pissed off I spend the weekends cleaning, washing, organising and refereeing the DC whist he sits around reading and the one thing he should have done, he hasn’t.

Butterymuffin Thu 23-Nov-17 08:25:54

I think you're angry because he's not pulling his weight, from what you say about weekends. As for 'he wants a hot dinner', well he'll have to want. You wanted a car with petrol in it.

RJnomore1 Thu 23-Nov-17 08:29:55

It depends how long the light has been on. My Vauxhall goes red and it's fine, it starts flashing I know it means business.

Let him want his hot dinner.

AlternativeTentacle Thu 23-Nov-17 08:40:29

That's fine surely, you have done his weekly job so he needs to do ALL yours this weekend whilst you sat on yer arse playing with your phone. No problem.

RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 08:47:22

I’ve no idea RJ. It wasn’t on on Monday, he’s had the car since then. If only Alternative, entire family descending this weekend.

Finola1step Thu 23-Nov-17 08:54:59

Focus on today's priority which is work. Get enough petrol for that. A tenner's worth. Then deal with the weekend stuff.

Of course if you have family coming over, your DH won't be sitting on his arse all weekend. Or will he?

RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 09:05:02

I’m giving him 10 more mins to call me back. If not then I’ll put in a tenner at the garage here. I think it’s just a franchise so won’t take the voucher, but I’m not 100% sure. Voucher needs to be used before the end of the month so I don’t want to overfill —my credit card—

He will do the food shopping and prepare Sunday lunch. I’ll be doing desert and cleaning etc.

deepestdarkestperu Thu 23-Nov-17 09:06:46

£10 should be fine and won’t cause any problems - it’ll get you where you need to go!

Let him deal with the food shop. I would say you couldn’t go because there wasn’t enough petrol in the car.

AlternativeTentacle Thu 23-Nov-17 10:05:54

If only Alternative, entire family descending this weekend.

And?

RescuedByATurtle Thu 23-Nov-17 15:54:30

I'll be judged if it's not clean. DH will do the shopping and make the meal and complain it's not tidy enough! I'll be spending half the night making dessert.

Iloveacurry Thu 23-Nov-17 15:58:24

My husband does this too! Leaves the car with hardly any petrol. So annoying!

FrogsAreMean Thu 23-Nov-17 16:10:45

It's reading threads like these that make me so glad I don't have the hassle of a husband/partner/albatross around my neck! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now