Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

DH hates all our DDs Nursery photos [sad] WWYD?

(61 Posts)
FluffyPolarBear Wed 22-Nov-17 23:27:26

And I don't know what to do about it. They've used the same photographer as normal, whose very good, local and independent.

Nursery have the photographer in every 6-7 months for official photos as they say children change so much when little. The last ones in May were great, and DH wanted 2 of those photos, before that last October we had 3!

DD has some SN which includes an eye condition, which has become more prevalent in the last few months but DH says it's not that. He just doesn't like any of the photos.

I think they're the best yet, DD is looking at the camera properly for the first time (she's 2.5 so must be quire hard before then), she's smiling in 2 of them and she looks so relaxed and happy, I know they also used her favourite member of the Nursery staff as a helper so that might have been why these photos are so much better than the previous 2.

I really want to buy a couple, they're not massively expensive (£6 for a 8x4 mounted copy) but DH says he hates them so much he doesn't want them on display sad

Do I buy my 2 favourites anyway in the hope he changes his mind or just for keepsakes? (the change between the photos is massive, and although I take a photo at least 2-3 times a week these are proper professional ones that you really can see the change). Or do I just leave it and not get any this time?

custardismyhamster Wed 22-Nov-17 23:29:23

I’m a photographer and that’s a decent, fair price for those photos-I’d get them, even if you’re just going to keep them in a memory box, as long as you can afford to spend the money 😊

NoSquirrels Wed 22-Nov-17 23:31:05

If you like them, buy them. You'll regret it if you don't as you'll have a "gap" in your set forever. You don't have to display them if your DH is adamant.

However your DH sounds a little odd to hate a photo of his DD so much he'd hate to see it on display.

SavoyCabbage Wed 22-Nov-17 23:31:45

I didn’t buy dd’s reception school photo as I didn’t like it. As you do like the photo, you should buy it. Put it,in an album or where you work. Or give it to a doting family member and look at,it when you go round.

FluffyPolarBear Wed 22-Nov-17 23:32:24

We've got them all on display in the hallway, DD is our only child and it's likely to stay that way, so it's nice to see the change.

SingingSeuss Wed 22-Nov-17 23:34:38

If you like them get them, but don't feel pressured just because someone has taken photos of your kid. I didn't get the nursery photos of mine because they weren't very good. If yours are then go for it.

HopeAndJoy16 Wed 22-Nov-17 23:35:09

Get them anyway, especially if you really like them and you can afford it! You can put the print in her room if your Dh doesn't want it in the living room or wherever x

GreenTulips Wed 22-Nov-17 23:36:01

Why doesn't he get to chose

But them!! Hang them up and he probably won't even notice

AngelaTwerkel Wed 22-Nov-17 23:37:10

"but DH says he hates them so much he doesn't want them on display"

This is way OTT. It's a picture of his kid, how awful is it really going to be? Unless she's flipping the bird, or is wearing Nazi regalia just tell him to wind his neck in and buy one.

FluffyPolarBear Wed 22-Nov-17 23:39:31

They are genuinely good pictures, she's looking at the camera smiling and seems so relaxed. He can't tell me why he doesn't like them, he just says he doesn't think they're very good.

The last 2 sets are on the wall in the hallway.

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Nov-17 23:42:16

Is he concerned about having too many photos in the hallway?

FluffyPolarBear Wed 22-Nov-17 23:44:02

I'd happily take down one or two of the previous ones and store those in the memories box so we only have one from each set on the wall, suggested this, no he just doesn't like the photos.

NoSquirrels Wed 22-Nov-17 23:44:59

Just because they're currently on display in the hallway doesn't mean you have to keep going- move them elsewhere, mix it up, or just dint display them. Do buy them if you like them, though.

My DH and will always reliably pick opposite versions of the school photos - he sees something appealing in the Ines I don't like, and vice versa. But I don't care, as he can never be fecked to do the ordering, so I get what I please! grin He's never really noticed once they're in the house!

KurriKurri Wed 22-Nov-17 23:46:05

Buy them, you like them - you aren't part of him, you can decide for yourself if you want them. He doesn't have to look at them.

NoSquirrels Wed 22-Nov-17 23:48:35

I suspect he can't admit to himself -- let alone you! - that the eye condition bothers him a bit in the photos. Just buy them, and stop discussing it - you can figure out how/where to display them later.

ReanimatedSGB Wed 22-Nov-17 23:50:17

Just buy them. If your H thinks he can forbid you to buy them and expects you to obey him, I'm afraid you have bigger problems than the photographs.

AnnieAnoniMouse Wed 22-Nov-17 23:50:58

Do you think there’s an element of him having to face up to her SN?

Get the photos. It’s only a few quid. You can decide what to do with them afterwards.

RB68 Wed 22-Nov-17 23:55:29

Get them and if you can afford some family photos with an indie photographer try that - he may just have the grumps who knows

beverly022 Wed 22-Nov-17 23:57:58

Even though they are on display doesn't really mean you've got to keep going; Move them elsewhere, mix em up, just don't display them. By all means, buy if you like them, though.

Parker231 Wed 22-Nov-17 23:58:00

If you like them, buy them

FluffyPolarBear Wed 22-Nov-17 23:58:08

I did wonder, it's not just the eye condition, thats inherited from me and is very obvious but not serious and she doesn't need glasses or anything yet, but it might be the other SN that it indicates.

ReanimatedSGB Wed 22-Nov-17 23:59:51

He's being a dick. Tell him to grow the fuck up.

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 23-Nov-17 00:01:20

Not sure why his dislike of them trumps your like of them?

Buy them and display them. It's your home too and he doesn't have to look at them. I'd say the same it if was reversed. I wouldn't suggest getting them in A3 size and putting them above the mantelpiece as that would be rubbing his face in it but there is no reason you can't display a perfectly nice picture of your child in your own home.

Carouselfish Thu 23-Nov-17 00:06:24

Yeah, disliking a picture of your own kid is weird. Even the bad photos are funny! If he's just being mean about the money then buy them. If he insists it's their quality, buy them anyway, then suggest you all go for a family Christmas photo to get one HE likes.

EnidButton Thu 23-Nov-17 00:09:18

Seems an extreme reaction.

Get them anyway. Whether they go on display or not, you can keep one of the small sized ones in your purse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now