Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Supermarket war!

(4 Posts)
packofshunts Wed 22-Nov-17 16:11:24

We’ve had an Aldi for some time in our town but recently a Lidl opened literally 200 m down the road.

Am wondering what items I am better off going to each shop for. So far am pretty unimpressed by freshness of fruit and veg in Lidl hmm but would welcome other recommendations.

packofshunts Wed 22-Nov-17 16:53:26

Bump

Am off shopping tonight!

Cakescakescakes Wed 22-Nov-17 16:57:53

We don’t live near an Aldi but Lidl fresh bakery aisle is great. As is the confectionary, cheese, sliced meats etc. Also they have excellent wooden toys at the minute. I don’t rate the Lidl Formil Washington liquid and I find the veg to be much better than the fruit which goes off very quickly.

Topseyt Wed 22-Nov-17 17:01:11

I was always unimpressed by the "fresh" fruit and vegetables in Aldi. Moser Roth chocolate though, frozen raspberry roulade and lemon and mascarpone cheesecake are gorgeous though.

DH goes to Lick, as it is on his way home from work. I don't know it really, but he seems to get good chocolate from there, nice and thick, and dark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now