Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Have you ever accidentally sent a group what'sapp bitching about someone

(81 Posts)
Itsgonnabeacoldone Wed 22-Nov-17 11:46:18

I've just told everyone I think X is "living in a dream world and doesn't know the meaning of working hard. Dillusional to the extream and needs a reality check"

I'm not sure how I can come back from that, it's all true though blush

Easily done right?

Blahblahblahzeeblah Wed 22-Nov-17 11:47:06

Have they read it? If not delete! Now!

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 22-Nov-17 11:47:13

No, never done that.

Sensimilla Wed 22-Nov-17 11:47:33

Never ever write nasty whattsap, messages, emails etc

SammySays Wed 22-Nov-17 11:48:04

Even if you delete it just deletes from your screen, others still get it I think...

Blahblahblahzeeblah Wed 22-Nov-17 11:48:38

The new version of WhatsApp let's you delete for all.... providing everyone has updated

Sparklingbrook Wed 22-Nov-17 11:48:39

I haven't, I'm sorry. I check and double check before pressing send.

But I do try not to email/text/Whatsapp anything about anyone.

Have you had any replies? sad

TrojansAreSmegheads Wed 22-Nov-17 11:49:24

i guess so.

i have a rule of if i wouldnt say it to your face, i wont say it behind your back.

of course, the downside to that is i say it to your face which is why i dont have many friends 😂😂😉

just apologise for being a bitch. it's all you can do.

they will either accept it or not, that's out of your hands.

BeanoNoir Wed 22-Nov-17 11:50:03

Don’t think you can delete once it’s out there. You know already that you shouldn’t have done it. I’m sorry but I’m not sure if I was the subject of that I’d be able to forget it. Is this person your friend?

Walkerbean16 Wed 22-Nov-17 11:53:02

You cam now delete it from the converstaion if you update your whatsapp. Click on delete then delete for everybody

gamerchick Wed 22-Nov-17 11:54:20

Well you can hide away until it’s over or you can front it out. Own your shit!

Fruitboxjury Wed 22-Nov-17 11:56:37

I’ve never done this but I don’t think that’s the answer that’s going to help right now.

What is the background to what you’ve said, what made you feel this way about the person in question? Are you the only person that feels this way and do you think they have any idea this is the case?

CactusJelly00 Wed 22-Nov-17 11:57:01

Own it...

EdmundCleverClogs Wed 22-Nov-17 11:59:15

I have a rule of texting - never put in writing what you wouldn’t be happy saying to someone’s face.

The fact is, unless you can delete it, the damage is done. Either apologies to the person in question or explain exactly why you said what you did.

PipGirl404 Wed 22-Nov-17 11:59:19

Agree with PP. Own it & make it look like you're calling her out on it.

W0rriedMum Wed 22-Nov-17 12:01:19

While you can delete it, you can't have people "un-see" it so unless you were very quick in deleting, I reckon it's too late.

I know a case where this happened and it caused all kinds of trouble. Ultimately all you can do is apologise if you are sorry but don't apologise if you don't mean it - just own it as a PP said.

ItStartedWithAKiss241 Wed 22-Nov-17 12:01:21

I once wrote a message to my friend, saying I was going to end it with my short term boyfriend as I realised I was more interested in his friend... you guessed it... sent it to the boyfriend blush Luckily he has realised we weren’t clicking and was fine with me then seeing his friend grin

dinosaurkisses Wed 22-Nov-17 12:02:32

I once sent a text message meant for my mate morning about another friends elaborate and expensive birthday plans as a student.

Obviously sent it to the party friend. She was actually quite gracious about it, but I definitely learnt a lesson!

Angelwendy Wed 22-Nov-17 12:03:03

I've done this before. Sent a text which was meant for my friend saying "X has paid the heating bill late again. She does my head in and I'm sick of her" and I sent it to the flatmate instead. I heard the flat mates phone beep next door and the realisation of what I'd just done made me almost have a panic attack haha. There was no getting round it and I had to just apologise profusely and explain why I had been feeling so annoyed. She was quite good about it but I'm sure she was secretly very pissed off as it's never nice to be the victim of being spoken about negatively

shutitandtidyupgitface Wed 22-Nov-17 12:04:23

No, I've never done that. Who did you mean to send that to? And did you spell it like that?

MillennialFalcon Wed 22-Nov-17 12:05:20

Problem solved, since you clearly can't stand that person and now they will be out of your life. Why would you say that if you like them and wanted to continue a relationship?

Nettletheelf Wed 22-Nov-17 12:07:42

Everybody who saw the message is probably sniggering together about your having written ‘dillusional to the extream’.

treaclesoda Wed 22-Nov-17 12:08:21

If you don't like the person then they'll now be out of your life, so that's good.

However, it would have been much more mature to not have been bitching about them in a group in the first place.

MysweetAudrina Wed 22-Nov-17 12:08:56

Was she included on the message? If not then don't worry about it. If she was well I guess she knows now what you think of her and can take it from there.

Angelwendy Wed 22-Nov-17 12:09:31

@treaclesoda everyone bitches occasionally. You can't say you haven't ever slagged someone off behind their back in your life? Sometimes we just need to rant even if it's not the nicest thing to do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now