Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Dd hurt at school - how should this be handled?

(60 Posts)
oinon Tue 21-Nov-17 19:24:38

Today dd was stabbed in leg with compass at school, I believe along with at least one other girl.

History with the boy who done it is - last few weeks dd has been coming home saying how he punched her in back, stabbed pen into her head etc, I have since learnt today that apparently he also carries knifes, drugs and large sums of cash in his bag.

So far statements have been taken by few people and he was placed in isolation for day, I was asked to pick dd up early so she wouldn't bump into him at end of day coming out of school.

Since then lots of texts asking if dd refitted as he's going mad and will hurt her bad etc.

Dd is obviously petrified of going to school now and along with issues we been having with her learning and struggles since starting this school year this is really the last thing she needs

What should I be expecting from the school with how this should be handled ?

Nicknacky Tue 21-Nov-17 19:25:39

Have you contacted the police?

shushpenfold Tue 21-Nov-17 19:25:55

Honestly, I’d be going to the police in this situation.

Middleoftheroad Tue 21-Nov-17 19:26:44

I'd be up the school in the morning demanding to see HT!

Middleoftheroad Tue 21-Nov-17 19:27:09

And police

flumpybear Tue 21-Nov-17 19:29:20

Police without question - good luck sounds scary!

LIZS Tue 21-Nov-17 19:30:54

They need to safeguard your dd and other children. Ask HT how they plan to do so.

OneOfTheGrundys Tue 21-Nov-17 19:31:07

HT and police.
Has she kept the messages?

gruber Tue 21-Nov-17 19:31:43

Also, that's a safeguarding issue - clearly the school were aware of it previously and have not done what they should to keep your daughter safe. I would be flagging this up to Local authority, head teacher, police. Massive alarm bells ringing here.

Finola1step Tue 21-Nov-17 19:31:59

Just to clarify...who are the texts from and what do they say? If from him, definitely keep as evidence.

HerRoyalNotness Tue 21-Nov-17 19:33:04

Forget the school. Straight to the police. He is what appears to be a drug dealer who is armed at school and has assaulted your DD. Don't pussyfoot around with the school.

gruber Tue 21-Nov-17 19:34:01

School should, at the minimum, come up with a detailed, written plan as to how they will keep your daughter safe when at school. Should include how she won't have contact with said Boy, what they will be doing to keep him away from others he could cause a danger to. Risk assessments. Personal, detailed information on a lesson-by-lesson basis that will reassure your daughter and make the learning environment safe for her.

mustbemad17 Tue 21-Nov-17 19:34:17

Police. Then bloody governers with a complaint...why on earth should your DD have to leave early etc because he is a little shit?? Grrr

OnlyTheDepthVaries Tue 21-Nov-17 19:40:00

Police...this is a serious assault and witness intimidation.

SilverSpot Tue 21-Nov-17 19:40:13

Um, police!

WunWun Tue 21-Nov-17 19:41:11

Police without a doubt.

GreenTulips Tue 21-Nov-17 19:44:08

How old are they? High school? Call the police
Assault and threatening behavior

School can't act without someone stepping it up - do it

FlowerPotMum Tue 21-Nov-17 19:45:39

How old are they OP? I'd be going to the police.
Your poor Dd.

IsabellaDMC Tue 21-Nov-17 19:46:54

Another saying police. I'm a secondary school teacher and IME schools are usually crap at dealing with serious stuff. They have a conflict of interest because they have responsibilities towards the violent child too. Police have no such issues.

oinon Tue 21-Nov-17 19:51:40

Just spoken to dd again, only messages she received was just from someone asking if she snitched on the person

It was a friend of dd that said at school "did you report **, because he's going mad and said he will hurt you"

Dd is 14 year 10, said boy is year older than her but been moved back a year and in most of her lessons, apparently joined the school after being expelled from last

endofthelinefinally Tue 21-Nov-17 19:52:45

Your dd needs medical assessment and possible tetanus booster.
I agree with everyone saying police asap.

LavenderDoll Tue 21-Nov-17 20:07:04

Your poor DD
That's bloody awful
I'd ring the police

BlackeyedSusan Tue 21-Nov-17 20:10:16

you need medical advice as the copass is not going to be sterile and all sorts of nasties will have been on it. hopefully nothing that will not be cured with antibiotics...

shakeyourcaboose Tue 21-Nov-17 20:14:08

Def yes to tetanus and police. Your poor dd she needs to know this is not ok, there will be repercussions for this boy and she will be kept safe.

SharpScratchComing Tue 21-Nov-17 20:17:41

That sounds awful, your poor Dd. I'd agree with involving the police but do have your her medically checked out. If the compass broke the skin and also the skin of another person the possibility of blood born diseases ought to be considered. It's a very small chance, so I really don't want to panic you but it should be considered by someone who can ideally take into account the medical history of both parties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now