Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is the worst thing you have heard a parent say to their DC?

(68 Posts)
brasty Tue 21-Nov-17 12:47:27

My DP used to get told by his in reality loving parents, that if he didn't behave, they would have moved somewhere else when he got off the school bus. He believed them.

Lostflipflop Tue 21-Nov-17 12:50:15

About 8 years ago I heard a parent in asda call their toddler a 'fucking c*nt'

hippy1952 Tue 21-Nov-17 12:52:30

I've told you before don't f*****g swear at me.

AlpacaPicnic Tue 21-Nov-17 12:54:24

'Stop fucking hugging me, why must you always try to touch me?' - a customer to her daughter.

I casually excused myself from the room then went and cried in the staff toilets for a while. The look on the little girls face... sad

Dinosauratemydaffodils Tue 21-Nov-17 12:55:11

My "D"M told me repeatedly she wished I was a cot death statistic whenever I did something to annoy her. Having a "carer" who wishes you were dead does a number on your ability to trust and/or form relationships.

Waytroze Tue 21-Nov-17 12:57:14

"You're proof that condoms only work if you remember to use them. I considered aborting you."

My mum to me.

upperlimit Tue 21-Nov-17 12:57:30

My gorgeous wonderful gran would tell me I'd be off to the glue factory if I didn't behave. I didn't understand what she meant, I thought I was being threatened with a crap day trip out.

FriendsFriendsFriends Tue 21-Nov-17 12:59:22

In town this very morning, Omg, look at yourself -^ you’re such a tramp.^ Said to a barely walking toddler sad

ImSoExhausted Tue 21-Nov-17 13:01:47

As a 15 year old and repeated MANY times up until the present day
DM: 'Yes. We don't have a very close relationship, it's probably because I didn't want to and never hugged you from ages 5-9, you had nits and it repulsed me.'

I suffered with bits really badly because they wouldn't let me get my hair cut. I eventually got my Aunty to do it for me at a weekend visit, I then did all my own nit combing. Magically, the nits vanished.

Casmama Tue 21-Nov-17 13:02:39

Ya fucking wee prick - shouted out a car window by a woman to her own primary aged child for daring to kick an empty plastic bottle lying on the street.

Crunchymum Tue 21-Nov-17 13:04:20

These threads are always so sad!

PonderLand Tue 21-Nov-17 13:05:04

@FriendsFriendsFriends that's awful, my friend is constantly calling her 10 month old a tramp, I think she believes it isn't too bad a word. It sounds awful and makes me wince whenever she says it.

My mum used to shout at me if I tried holding her hand when I was little, she'd claim she was too hot/too cold/too busy etc. I must of been about 4/5 and it's the only thing I really remember from such a young age. It's hard getting rejected by a parent!

ProseccoMamam Tue 21-Nov-17 13:06:47

'This is why your fucking dad left us - you just piss around all the time'

An estranged 'family' member to her 4yo daughter after she dropped her plate of food accidentally

Her children have been taken into care now and she isn't ever allowed to have them back. I am so glad they had a chance to get away from her

Mamabear4180 Tue 21-Nov-17 13:07:53

My best friend was in a horrific house fire as a baby, as a result she lost both legs, the ends of her fingers and has terrible scars all over her face. Her abusive father had told her when she was a child that he wished she hadn't survived sad sad sad

Mrsyorkie Tue 21-Nov-17 13:12:05

These depress me. sad

doleritedinosaur Tue 21-Nov-17 13:17:43

“Keep this up & I’ll have you thrown into care,”’by my lovely, alcoholic mother to us frequently bored children.

This was the worst though
“You ungrateful bitch” because I didn’t want to move across the country in the middle of my GCSE’s so she could get a 3 bed house off the council.
I moved into a flat with no bedroom so guess I was. At least we’re NC.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 21-Nov-17 13:20:35

There was a whole thread on here about someone overhearing someone calling an unborn girl a 'little bitch' and I was more dumbstruck by the amount of people saying it was ok than by the actual incident. It's so unnecessary and nasty.

Foslady Tue 21-Nov-17 13:45:30

If you’d have come bottom of the class so long as you put in the effort I’d be proud of you.
Would have been nice to have had some praise for all the hard work I did instead I ended up feeling that she had no idea about what I did and what it had taken to get there

theothersideoftheworld Tue 21-Nov-17 13:48:04

Stop running in the road you little wanker. Said by a Mum to her toddler outside Toys R Us.

razzledazzel Tue 21-Nov-17 13:49:48

I heard a drunk dad call his young baby a little prick for being sick on him ☹️

CakeNinja Tue 21-Nov-17 13:51:12

Last week at the fun trampoline park, I heard a dad say to the mum (deliberately in front of their children), "i hate 2 of our kids, 1 is really well behaved and nice, the other 2 are little shits. I don't know why we bothered to bring them out."
The 2 children in question had firstly been very energetic and had both got stuck in the foam pit - them any everyone else who leaps in there, then picked up the wrong shoes out of a locker and were trying to put them on, they were about 3 and 4 sad
To be honest, there could have been more incriminating behaviour, of course we only ever see a snapshot, but as far as I'm concerned, to tell your toddler aged preschoolers you hate them is pretty heinous behaviour regardless of what they might have done.

WanderingTrolley1 Tue 21-Nov-17 13:52:27

Mother to toddler: “Behave, or I’m going to busy your face”

razzledazzel Tue 21-Nov-17 13:52:28

These are so sad.

WanderingTrolley1 Tue 21-Nov-17 13:52:53

*”bust your face”

steppemum Tue 21-Nov-17 13:53:39

if you don't behave/aren't good santa won't bring you any toys.

said by hundreds of people all the time at this time of year.

I think it is truly horrible.
As is the implication behind the Oh so Cute Elf on a Shelf (Santa is watching you)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now