Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ebay - incorrectly described item - buyer feedback

(14 Posts)
Aridane Tue 21-Nov-17 11:46:03

I ordered an item off eBay. It was incorrectly described - eg thing shower gel provided instead of bath oil (but in the same brand).

Seller has indicated they will refund, including p&p both ways (ie purchase price and me having to send back).

Assuming seller does this, what is the etiquette on feedback? Do I rate this as 'positive' - ie because seller did the right thing (assuming I get my refund!) - or do I rate it as neutral?

Not a big deal - but just though I would ask.

DotDashBeep Tue 21-Nov-17 11:47:24

I would leave a positive as seller has rectified their error

viques Tue 21-Nov-17 11:51:55

Is the seller replacing the item with the correct one? If so I would leave positive feedback on the lines. Thanks for sorting out the mix up , much appreciated.

If they are just refunding your payment and both postages but you will be left without the item I probably wouldn't bother leaving any feedback at all.

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Tue 21-Nov-17 11:56:45

I’ve had this a few times and seller has either been really shifty or not wanted to refund! Escalated to eBay sorting it out and still couldn’t leave negative feedback, so I didn’t bother

Aridane Tue 21-Nov-17 11:59:22

No, seller doesn't have correct item. It will just be a refund

viques Tue 21-Nov-17 12:10:46

it will be a refund in that case, no feedback! If i had sold a mis described item like shower gel I would have told the buyer to keep it and refunded their original payment and postage. Unless of course it was some hugely expensive shower gel made from unicorn tears in which case I would have wanted it back to sell on! EBay is full of ups and downs, an item I sold the other week for £225 was sold by another seller on the same day for £300, presumably she got the two bidders who went against each other and I got the bidder who was having a lucky day! I didn't mind, I made money on the deal.

princesspeach21 Tue 21-Nov-17 12:17:52

Might be kinder to leave no feedback at all? On one hand they have done everything they can to help but on the other hand you won't be getting the item you ordered.

tectonicplates Tue 21-Nov-17 12:53:37

Personally I wouldn't leave any feedback at all. It isn't compulsory.

Peachyking000 Tue 21-Nov-17 13:09:03

I’d leave positive - presumably they will be at a loss now with all the postage costs. Neutral still takes away from the overall % score

Homemadearmy Tue 21-Nov-17 13:15:06

I would leave positive feedback too. Once they have sorted the problem and refunded you. Unless you feel they were deliberately trying to mislead you.

Aridane Fri 24-Nov-17 09:43:26

Hmm - think I may have posted prematurely. Seller hasn't refunded yet or acknowledged receipt of returned item. I have emailed the seller and I guess if nothing happens by, say, the end of the next week, I will have to open a dispute.

This is the first time I've had an issue on eBay purchases

ZeroFuchsGiven Fri 24-Nov-17 09:45:36

Did you go through eBay returns and print off a label?

1DAD2KIDS Fri 24-Nov-17 09:51:56

Mistakes are human. As long as you don't think the seller was deliberately misleading of course. A mark of a good seller is how they deal with a genuine mistake or error. It gives me confidence as a buyer to know if there were a problem the seller would fix it and I would not be out of pocket (bar maybe the cost and/or effort to return item).

Maybe leave positive feedback saying something like, There was a problem and seller sorted it out?

Aridane Tue 05-Dec-17 15:53:00

In the end, I gave neutral feedback on the seller who sent an incorrectly described item but refunded. She took a while to refund, said she had refunded when nothing had been received in my PayPal account, and had to be chased to respond. A very casual approach to it all.

Haven't yet given feedback on the seller where the item didn't arrive. Eventually, she did send it (once eBay Resolution Centre were involved) but it was faulty.

I know feedback isn't compulsory - but eBay sort of works on the basis people do give feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now