Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Is posting overseas on eBay a risk or too much of a faff

(10 Posts)
Dippydippydora Mon 20-Nov-17 19:54:38

Just that really
Selling a coat on eBay and been asked if I will post to Romania
Now in theory don't mind this at all as long as the buyer pays postage but has anyone been stung by doing this or found it too much of a faff

girlwhowearsglasses Mon 20-Nov-17 19:55:35

It’s ok if you do the thing where you send it to eBays depot in the uk

DancesWithOtters Mon 20-Nov-17 20:19:58

I’ve had so many problems when I’ve agreed to post abroad. I refuse to do it anymore.

DJBaggySmalls Mon 20-Nov-17 20:24:56

I wouldnt. Its going to cost cost more than the item is worth.
Only post to places that the Post Office will send tracked and insured.
Find out how much it is and get the money before you post, tracking is expensive and you need to take into account how big and heavy the package will be.

Melfish Mon 20-Nov-17 20:32:30

I don't post overseas- I don't think Royal Mail's tracking system works outside the UK? I did have a buyer who was abroad bid on an item and when she paid she changed her paypal address to a relative's in the UK so at least it could be tracked there(even then she tried to claim it hadn't turned up).
Not tried the ebay depot yet.

ellesbellesxxx Mon 20-Nov-17 20:36:32

The global shipping programme will do it all.. you just post to them

Kattymanners Mon 20-Nov-17 20:39:26

But can you use the global shopping program as an after thought ?

I thought it was opt in or out ?

DJBaggySmalls Mon 20-Nov-17 20:41:52

You can send parcels abroad from the Post Office. Ebays global shipping doesnt cover many countries.

nocake Mon 20-Nov-17 21:31:15

Unless it's a really expensive coat the shipping cost is unlikely to be worth it, so I'd suspect some sort of scam.

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 20-Nov-17 22:10:54

Global Shipping Programme (GSP) is brilliant. It takes all the hassle out for me as they work out the prices.. you only have to name/ work out UK prices to get it to the UK depot. If it goes missing after leaving the depot (only happened to me once) then they have to refund both you and the buyer. I had stopped sending abroad after doing it for years (too many nightmares) but now I'm in this, probably most items I send go abroad. (I sell mainly collectables for my dad, quite a niche market and we'd have lost so many sales otherwise)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now