Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What school bags do teenagers consider trendy nowadays?

(11 Posts)
NewtsSuitcase Mon 20-Nov-17 10:33:29

DSs both need one but I haven't a clue. Are hype still popular? Any other brands/styles which will go down well with DS1 (almost 13)

JamesDelayneysTattoos Mon 20-Nov-17 10:36:06

I Imagine anything that you can get in JD

JamesDelayneysTattoos Mon 20-Nov-17 10:36:51

Having said that, my younger ds is 14 and his is a plain blue one from River Island

dementedpixie Mon 20-Nov-17 10:36:56

Ds likes Adidas ones

Tandoorimixedgrill Mon 20-Nov-17 10:37:13

FJALLRAVEN KANKEN
Seem to be the bags of choice around here. Every other teen I see at the bus stop has one. I’d just ask though what might be good for one could be way of the mark for another.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 20-Nov-17 10:38:22

DS has a Superdry bag, but he also has a Vans rucksack for his PT kit. Hype are also popular at his school.

TheTurnOfTheScrew Mon 20-Nov-17 10:38:59

fjallraven haven't yet filtered into school round here - still more studenty. At our high school it's mostly plain sports branded rucksacks, predominantly nike and adidas.

NewtsSuitcase Mon 20-Nov-17 10:39:36

The problem is that DS1 isn't very trendy and is seen as a bit of a geek. He would be fine with anything. I'm trying to assist a bit and ensure that he fits in.

dementedpixie Mon 20-Nov-17 10:45:56

Those FJALLRAVEN KANKENare expensive! Cant really go wrong with a branded sports one.

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Mon 20-Nov-17 10:53:57

A record bag with the "spliffy jeans man" embroidered on the side.
No?

PyongyangKipperbang Mon 20-Nov-17 11:01:37

Why does he need to "fit in"? Is that his desire or yours? What are his friends like in terms of "fitting in"?

If he is happy as he is, then why worry, just get him what he would want rather than what you think he should want (iykwim).

Ime kids seem to be more confident in their choices than I was at their age. Then it was social suicide to be geeky or bookish or to not follow fashion. Now its much more acceptable to not be a sheep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now