Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Winter Jacket shopping - what's yours? Want to surprise student DD

(11 Posts)
Fortysix Mon 20-Nov-17 09:55:36

Want to buy student DD an insulated type jacket for Xmas. Anyone got suggestions? Budget is circa £150 The Rab Nebula jacket doesn't fit at hips. She is a tall size 10-12. Ideally it will be synthetic and stand a little bit of rain. Prefers not to be too long. Almost always wears Joni Jeans. Tried Hollister but this year she didn't like their offering.,. Suggestions happily received. Colour probably charcoal or navy. Doesn't want to look like 'hiker'.

acornsandnuts Mon 20-Nov-17 10:06:01

This Barbour, Dd has one and lives it
www.countryattire.com/barbour-women-s-cragside-quilted-jacket-red-lqu0851re53.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2dCprvPM1wIVDBobCh3-OQr6EAQYBiABEgLrNPD_BwE

Fortysix Mon 20-Nov-17 11:11:25

Thanks acorns that's just the sort of suggestion I was hoping for,,, what colour did your DD go with? The red one looks a contender.

acornsandnuts Mon 20-Nov-17 11:38:54

Yes, the red one, it is lovely on and warm for walking to uni.

Fortysix Mon 20-Nov-17 12:08:29

Acorns How would you describe the shade of red - reasonably red or slightly rusty red? wink and do you know how it fits ie generously? i realise your DD might not be in the house and you just have to go on memory smile

NatMatCat Mon 20-Nov-17 14:11:37

Finisterre have a waterproof synthetic puffa. I think it was reduced in one of the colours. The Rab is not waterproof so frankly pretty useless.

sparkli Mon 20-Nov-17 15:35:37

18 yo student DD has just bought a Jack Wolfskin jacket. She says it's v cosy and is helping her cope with a coastal Scottish winter wind!

greystarling Mon 20-Nov-17 15:37:17

Seasalt planthunter. Mine is patterned. £150

Blackandpurple Mon 20-Nov-17 16:04:04

I have jack wolfskin. If im buying an insulated jacket i need a proper puffy one. I find Rab ones too thin.

Blackandpurple Mon 20-Nov-17 16:05:53

I buy a lot from Cotswold outdoor. They have ££off lots now

Fortysix Tue 21-Nov-17 09:50:26

Can't get her to Cotswold to try until after Dec 17. Probably going to need to make speculative purchase as her size one of most popular. Will check jack wolfskin online. Thank you to all. Still on case but decent discounts right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now