Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Shall I keep the steamer?

(7 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 20-Nov-17 09:26:44

Just going through the big pantry type cupboard & have put the steamer (carted through 3 house moves & hardly used) on the table to go.

I keep it 'just in case the cooker breaks down' but can't decide whether that's silly now since I hardly used it to begin with and now just keep it so I can cook if I'm cooker-less.

Aarrgghh, I don't know whether to shove it back or donate it!

whiskyowl Mon 20-Nov-17 09:29:08

Just buy one of the tiny inserts you use in a pan. If you have a sudden yen for steamed veg, you can make it - but you can save the space taken up by a huge electronic gadget!

Greycat11 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:32:52

I use mine sometimes to cook a whole meal of steamed salmon, new potatoes and veg. Also will be useful over Xmas for veg when space in oven or hob is short. I wouldn't get rid of mine even even though have no room for it really. This is my second as I threw my first out and regretted it...

BarbaraofSevillle Mon 20-Nov-17 09:36:20

Do you have a microwave? If so, you can cook fish and vegetables and anything else you might steam in there, if needs be.

lucysmam Mon 20-Nov-17 09:58:18

I do have a microwave - that's very rarely used too!

Justbookedasummmerholiday Mon 20-Nov-17 09:59:38

Give it to me!! With 7 dc at home I promise to use it well!!

lucysmam Tue 21-Nov-17 22:24:00

@Justbookedasummerholiday, if you're near me, you're welcome to it! It's likely to stay in the cupboard unloved otherwise smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now