Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does anyone know what Grundig appliances are like?

(8 Posts)
BarchesterFlowers Sun 19-Nov-17 21:29:50

I will be buying new appliances for a house and have just come across Grundig (didn't they used to make ancient TVs years ago).

They seem to have a five year warranty.

I need washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, fridge freezer, all seem to have lots of * at Currys but I have never really heard of them until discovering them tonight.

IncyWincyGrownUp Sun 19-Nov-17 21:40:27

They appear to be rebadged Beko goods.

Redyoyo Sun 19-Nov-17 22:33:46

I got a grundig CD player for my Xmas when I was 16 my dad still uses it in the garage, I'm 38. Definitely built to last, but if it's a rebadged beko maybe not@

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sun 19-Nov-17 22:38:28

My first cassette player was Grundig.

It was a while ago but it I loved it at the time.

BarchesterFlowers Sun 19-Nov-17 23:16:09

They apparently bought Beko last year. So not quite a rebadged Beko, have been selling on the continent but not here! I rejoined Which and googled after posting - mixed reviews, some great some awful. So probably not then!

I was interested because of the warranty and quite liked the aesthetics. House might become a rental - no utility and we are buying without selling so can’t afford to change the kitchen (which is fine) or integrate them.

I wanted them all to look the same/same manufacturer if possible as there are quite a few gaps for appliances in the kitchen. Four plus a cooker.

HelenaDove Mon 20-Nov-17 02:24:25

Back when we had Sky between 2002 and 2005 our Sky box was a Grundig. DH still has the lump on his foot where he kicked it.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Mon 20-Nov-17 03:15:48

We've got a larder fridge and freezer and dishwasher, bought because of the 5 year warranty, I love them all.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Mon 20-Nov-17 03:17:13

Although weirdly the fridge came without a grundig name badge on! I've stopped seeing it now and it's in a different room to the freezer but it might look odd if you had them side by side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now