Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Condenser tumble dryers - are they worth it?

(88 Posts)
EduCated Sun 19-Nov-17 19:40:40

We're getting thoroughly fed up of trying to dry washing over Winter, and we potentially have room to fit a condenser dryer in our kitchen, but I've got it in my head that they're crap and not worth it. Am I being daft?!

Passthecake30 Sun 19-Nov-17 19:42:37

I have one, it's worth it👍🏼

I only dry bedding and towels in it but it's still great!

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Sun 19-Nov-17 19:42:43

Had mine for a couple of months since the new baby. Well worth it. If only I didn't need to trek to my garage smile

Fauxtatoes Sun 19-Nov-17 19:43:29

I have one. We live in an apartment so it's essential. I love mine.

swansong81 Sun 19-Nov-17 19:43:33

We use it ALOT!

CauliflowerSqueeze Sun 19-Nov-17 19:43:47

They’re good. Had mine 18 years and it’s still working fine.

trilbydoll Sun 19-Nov-17 19:44:47

I think we've got one - no outside access, it just collects water in the drawer to be emptied.

I love ours. The cycle I use says 1h29 but only ever takes an hour, it's got sensors for when the clothes are dry. It gets confused if you don't put much in or put in sportswear that feels dry immediately.

I don't put in knitwear, shirts, Boden stuff (that's the expensive stuff in this house!) but everything else seems okay.

Katescurios Sun 19-Nov-17 19:45:05

Definitely worth it. Only had ours a few weeks and I love it, gets a huge 9kg load f washing dry in 1hr 15 mins and as an added benefit of chucks out loads of heat.

Not sure on how it will effect bills yet but we only run it late evening and weekends after the price has gone down.

ArbitraryName Sun 19-Nov-17 19:46:10

I have only ever had condenser dryers (in my many, many years of tumble drying). Never had a problem. Ours gets used all the time.

CoolCarrie Sun 19-Nov-17 19:46:53

Yes,they are worth it, as pp says you just have to remember to empty the drawer.

Cocolepew Sun 19-Nov-17 19:47:44

Yes! I'd hate to be without mine.

Mol1628 Sun 19-Nov-17 19:48:01

Definitely worth it. We have a Bosch one it’s great.

Betsy86 Sun 19-Nov-17 19:48:28

Totally worth it!!! Honestly get one its fab i didnt have one for the first 3 years after leaving home and i hates the stress of getting the washing dry especially towels and bedding etc seemed to spend forever surrounded by wet washing now just throw it in to dry and can have loads of washing done dried and put away by the end of the day is great and house feels better not looking like a laundrette.
Should be some good deals around over black friday go for it xx

Hidingtonothing Sun 19-Nov-17 19:49:45

I wouldn't be without mine, had a couple over the years and will replace when this one dies.

Fairylea Sun 19-Nov-17 19:50:21

Love ours, couldn’t be without it! I do everything in it. I do shrink things if I’m not careful but I really love it. We have a Samsung one.

MichaelFabricantsHair Sun 19-Nov-17 19:52:33

Couldn't be without one!

Salva Sun 19-Nov-17 19:52:38

It’s the washing machine/dryer combos that are crap, my condenser dryer is amazing. Definitely get one.

Pombliboo123 Sun 19-Nov-17 19:54:44

I just got one after 8 years since mcong out of having washing drying all over the house. It is hands down my FAVOURITE thing I own. Just empty the water container and the fluff thing after ever load and job done. Definitely get one

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Sun 19-Nov-17 19:55:05

John Lewis condenser dryer. Love it. Had it eight years.

trumptown Sun 19-Nov-17 19:56:48

We have a Samsung washer drier. I don't use it all the time, but it's really useful to have and I'd hate to waste the space with a separate dryer. I'll often just dry a wash for 30 mins to reduce the amount of time it spends hanging on the drier. It's great for emergencies with school uniform etc.

Acorncat Sun 19-Nov-17 19:57:00

I got a Heat Pump one - same idea as condensing one but cheaper to run and is gentler on the clothes.

PlugInOut Sun 19-Nov-17 19:57:25

Love our dryer so so much - it's a life saver!

It's a belko and was on sale recently too - check our hot UK deals

Jenala Sun 19-Nov-17 19:59:26

I love my tumble dryer.

HouseworkIsAPain Sun 19-Nov-17 19:59:43

Totally totally worth it. The only clothe sure I don’t dry in it are my jumpers and fleeces (becuase fleeces dry very quickly anyway).

HouseworkIsAPain Sun 19-Nov-17 20:00:05

*The only clothes I don’t dry...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now