Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

my fecking Sparks card. Useless piece of shite.

(39 Posts)
Balfe Sun 19-Nov-17 14:38:19

Trying to use a discount code online. Apparently you need to register each voucher. Grand, except I can't login to the Sparks bit because my card is already in use, it being registered TO ME.

What is the actual fecking point?!

Foxyloxy1plus1 Sun 19-Nov-17 15:59:29

None I'm afraid.

Complete waste of time.

Balfe Sun 19-Nov-17 16:19:03

And they wonder why M&S is going down the drain. I am still cross. Gave up eventually so never got my 20% off.

FadedRed Sun 19-Nov-17 16:26:45

It's useful on a frosty morning to scape the ice from the car windscreen.

BarbaraofSevillle Sun 19-Nov-17 16:30:49

I got £5 of £25 of food that I would have bought anyway last week. I think I'm the only person who likes it.

iamghosted Sun 19-Nov-17 16:56:02

It’s needlessly complicated. You’ve got to log on and choose your offers before heading into a store. Who has time for this?

DurhamDurham Sun 19-Nov-17 16:57:35

Although I find some loyalty cards better than other I can honestly say that the Sparks card is the only one I’ve actually binned. Overly complicated and confusing.

ToadsforJustice Sun 19-Nov-17 16:58:06

I don’t bother with mine anymore. Useless bit of plastic.

confusedwife84 Sun 19-Nov-17 16:58:17

I love it!! You can get your offers added on in store if you’re having trouble doing it yourself

chickensaresafehere Sun 19-Nov-17 16:59:00

Got rid of mine last year,useless bit of plastic!!

GeorgeTheHamster Sun 19-Nov-17 17:01:56

I got my 20% off (into my spam email) right after I'd spect £100 there. Fuckers.

bruffin Sun 19-Nov-17 17:02:16

On friday there was someone going along the queue checking sparks card and offering to load the offers.
The woman who was in charge of the sparks debarcle got the sack in the end. It was s really badly thought out idea

HolgerDanske Sun 19-Nov-17 17:03:09

I love it too. I use it all the time and it does make quite a difference in savings and offers.

I thought it was complicated to start with but I’m used to it now and it’s easy as pie. I’ve just used it today and got 20% off plus the things I bought were 3 for 2 so I made a saving of over £100.

I’ve never had that issue with an online order though - it’s always worked perfectly fine for me. I can imagine it must be very frustrating if there is some sort of glitch.

Longdistance Sun 19-Nov-17 17:06:37

It’s great for taking ice off of your car windscreen, other than that, I don’t see the fucking point if it 🤷🏼‍♀️
Now, Nectar is one of my faves.

HolgerDanske Sun 19-Nov-17 17:13:11

@Balfe I’m baffled that you can’t log in and want to try to sort this for you so you can use the discount. Have you already registered your sparks card to your M&S account? If so you shouldn’t need to do anything other than log in to your account, then go to the sparks section and add the bonus offer. What is it telling you to do?

LizzieMacQueen Sun 19-Nov-17 17:14:22

I can PM you a code you can use

Mrskeats Sun 19-Nov-17 17:15:53

It’s too complicated I agree
I’ve binned my nectar since their link up with the Daily Fail too
Least my purse is getting thinner

HolgerDanske Sun 19-Nov-17 17:17:17

Oh sorry is it a discount code not a sparks offer you’re trying to use... hmmm. Might be best to take up the above offer instead!

However don’t give up on your sparks card, just use it every time you go in and especially if you shop there fairly often anyway, and soon enough it does start to make a difference.

BumWad Sun 19-Nov-17 17:18:45

Really don’t understand what is so complicated about it confused

Kewcumber Sun 19-Nov-17 17:28:23

I hate it. They took away my local M&S coffee shop loyalty card in exchange for the sparks card. I have to rememebr to log in, choose the offers (most of which I don;t want nd it's NEVER anything to do with the coffee) then try to remember what the offers are when I get to the store. And no our store DOESN'T have people going along checking your card and loading offers. They did have tablets last year sometime which you could use instore to do it but they disappeared pretty quickly.

SweetIcedTea Sun 19-Nov-17 17:28:54

I personally don't get it, what's wrong with a straightforward points card ? I

My MIL has one and is always trying to think of things to buy to get 20% off, I've tried pointing out that this involves spending 80% on something you didn't really need but ......

HolgerDanske Sun 19-Nov-17 17:28:59

It felt a bit stilted to me back in the beginning, having to load the offers and that, but actually I really like having offers that are tailored to what I tend to buy.

With the offer I used today I got a Christmas tree which I was going to buy anyway, plus a cashmere scarf and some sheepskin gloves, for only £10 more than the full price of the tree.

It’s just going to be difficult not to spend in 2018.

HolgerDanske Sun 19-Nov-17 17:32:25

Well maybe that’s where I at get it right - I buy what I was going to buy anyway, but wait until there is an offer, or use an offer when it is available. I don’t just go out and buy random shit because there happens to be an offer on it.

I like it better than a straightforward points card because I tend to find I get higher value than I get with something like my Tesco clubcard. But that might be because I don’t go to Tesco that often. I think a lot of it has to do with your general shopping habits.

MrsK Sun 19-Nov-17 17:34:28

Balfe, have a look in the Christmas topic, I posted a picture of my 20% codes, you might be able to use the 2nd or 3rd code

HolgerDanske Sun 19-Nov-17 17:36:22

Also must add that at our local M&S the staff will load offers for you at the till if you mention it, and also quite often will proactively offer to do so. Maybe it’s not that way everywhere, I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now