Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What do you do when you soil a hotel towel?

(14 Posts)
singadream Sun 19-Nov-17 14:35:37

With af. I soaked in in cold water, wrung it out and left in bath. But really I didn’t know what to do (and it was an accident).

Isadora2007 Sun 19-Nov-17 14:36:48

Leave it to be washed. I’m sure you’re not the first and won’t be the last. It’s paid for after all!
flowers

TurnOfTheShoe Sun 19-Nov-17 14:41:49

Yeah just leave it where it is to be washed, it’s not like there’s much else you can do really. I’m sure they’ve seen it plenty of times before!

RescuedByATurtle Sun 19-Nov-17 14:43:21

I’ve always taken it to reception (in a bag if need be) and told them. It seems wrong to just wash it out and leave it without warning.

RaindropsAndSparkles Sun 19-Nov-17 14:47:42

Leave it in the bath. It's foreseeable thing for them and will be factored into their costs. You Don't know the Chamber maid and she Won't know you. Probably will be bungled into the laundry cart and no one will notice until it goes to the laundry whereupon it will either be washed separately with other soiled stuff or thrown out.

MexicanBob Sun 19-Nov-17 16:17:39

Chuck it in the bath so housekeeping know it needs washing.

ShiftyMcGifty Sun 19-Nov-17 16:38:17

I’d put it in a laundry bag with note and then in the bath. Not everyone wears plastic gloves and I wouldn’t want them to be scooping it up and touching the stain because they didn’t see until it was too late.

fucksakefay Sun 19-Nov-17 16:38:59

Leave a note and a tip? And yes to putting it in a plastic bag

PurplePillowCase Sun 19-Nov-17 16:40:21

just leave it. hotel laundry will deal with all sorts of stains (there is a reason why they are mostly white)

BMW6 Sun 19-Nov-17 17:49:27

What is AF?

BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Sun 19-Nov-17 17:51:08

Just leave it to be washed.

Side note why do hotels etc always insist on white sheets and towels?

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Sun 19-Nov-17 17:52:12

AF- Aunt Flo aka a period.

DS was sick on holiday. We washed the worst out and stripped the bed down bundling the bedding clean sides out for picking up. It was about the least grim that we could make it for handling.

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Sun 19-Nov-17 17:55:00

I remember when Dd had really bad nits on holiday. I combed them out and wiped them on a hotel towel meaning to bag it up and tell them. We put it in the balcony outside to deal with in the morning.

The next morning some of the bastards were still moving🤢So we left it.

When we came back they'd cleared it away😳😳😳😳😵l was mortified

Singadream Sun 19-Nov-17 18:07:56

@bmw6 sorry in the nine years I have been on here I have been mumsnetified with acronyms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now