Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone up?

(44 Posts)
ShuttyTown Sun 19-Nov-17 03:49:07

I’m up, I’m asthmatic and have a bad chest, struggling to get my chest under control and need a distraction as I think some of it is an element of panic.

Why are you up?

Flambola Sun 19-Nov-17 04:02:36

Do you have a blue inhaler? If you can't control it then get yourself to a&e!!

I'm up for pretty depressing reasons. I had a stillbirth on Christmas Day 2014 and I can't get away from it because it's a huge holiday rammed down our throats from September and I hate it. But here we are.

MagentaRocks Sun 19-Nov-17 04:04:32

I’ve just finished work. Just got into bed with a hot water bottle.

MiracleCure Sun 19-Nov-17 04:07:49

Flambola - that is so sas. So sorry.

I am nursing a broken heart sad.

ShuttyTown Sun 19-Nov-17 04:07:55

@Flambola I’m so sorry for your loss 

Yes I have a blue inhaler I’ve taken it, things are calming down slightly now, sometimes it’s more panic with me I need to learn how to control it.

Are you with your DH/DP?

@MagentaRocks sleep tight!

purpleviolet1 Sun 19-Nov-17 04:08:01

flowers flambola so sorry

I’m up because I had a tiff with dh (more like me talking and him not really knowing what to say) about resentment which has built up within me over the last few years towards my inlaws. And it’s all playing on my mind. hmm my legs and back are also in agony so that’s what woke me. I’ve had some paracetamol but need something stronger but cannot be bothered going downstairs

ShuttyTown Sun 19-Nov-17 04:08:29

@MiracleCure flowers for you

ShuttyTown Sun 19-Nov-17 04:09:33

@purpleviolet1 what is the resentment over? Hope your legs and back are ok..?

Battleax Sun 19-Nov-17 04:16:01

I think the air is particular the last two weeks. It's been waking me up a lot. Not wheezing just a bit short of breath every night and uncomfortable. Get a spacer if you don't have one. I found mine yesterday after ages of it being missing and it really does help. DH calls it my bong smile

Sorry to hear some of you have sadder reasons for being up flowers

Pajamagirl Sun 19-Nov-17 04:16:43

Shutty I'm up .
Are you feeling calmer ? Is your breathing ok ?
I'm up cos DP is snoring his head off and I've moved to the colder spare room to escape it which has now made me wide awake

AfterSchoolWorry Sun 19-Nov-17 04:23:05

Shutty, I'm the same. Asthma, I've just had a steamy shower though and that's helped. I hate winter!

AfterSchoolWorry Sun 19-Nov-17 04:24:32

flowers Flambola

OtterInDisgrace Sun 19-Nov-17 04:26:43

I’m up. I hope you’ve got your breathing under control, op.

50ShadesOfEarlGrey Sun 19-Nov-17 04:41:48

I had asthma as a child, but it seems to have come back 40 years later. Along with skin allergies and digestive issues, but all low level, so easily dealt with.
I’m not awake for any of those reasons, I just have trouble sleeping! In fact, if I wasn’t so bloody tired I think the allergies would improve, or at least I’d be able to face up to doing more than I am about sorting it out!
I’ve stopped wearing my Fitbit as seeing on screen that my maximum sleep in the last fortnight is 2hr 47 really doesn’t help.

Does meditation help you? Really recommend The Honest Guys meditation site for calming down. It’s free to use. It’s a bit cheesy to start with, but get over that and it’s worth it. I’m about to plug in the headphones for another relax session.

Hope you are feeling better now. Sleep well.

Whatthefoxgoingon Sun 19-Nov-17 04:46:10

I’ve got insomnia (I realise phone screen doesn’t help here!)

Hope your asthma is better soon.

Garlicansapphire Sun 19-Nov-17 04:57:37

Hiya folks. I'm awake too. No real reason why - just woke up half an hour ago and brain is whirring. Maybe cos of red wine and me thinking about the job I'm going to apply for which I really want, and the man I fancy.

CitrusSun Sun 19-Nov-17 05:33:42

Haven’t slept yet, raging insomnia where I can’t switch off my head, happens too often unfortunately and I try not to panic as it makes things worse, luckily will be able to snooze during day at some point, hope you’re feeling better OP

Garlicansapphire Sun 19-Nov-17 05:37:41

That bit when you realise everyone else went back to sleep except you.....

SandLand Sun 19-Nov-17 05:43:36

Morning. I'm up because I'm not in the UK. So breakfast done and dusted, packed lunches done, kids at school.
Just about yo get on the bus and go into town to pick up some bits and bobs.
There is always someone awake.

flowers to those of you awake for upsetting reasons.

CitrusSun Sun 19-Nov-17 05:47:06

At times like this really feels as if you’re the only soul awake and rest of country sleeping soundly

ShuttyTown Sun 19-Nov-17 05:47:07

I’m still up, asthma is controlled now but I’ve started with a D and V bug. Not good as I’m emetophobic so it’s not doing anything for my anxiety. Really trying to control my breathing etc

Whenwillwe3meetagain Sun 19-Nov-17 05:51:13

Up with 10 week old DS. He’s been sleeping through for the past couple of nights so can’t really complain about 5:15 grunting for milk.
And no internet for going on 48 hrs now so tweeted IP. Mashing my 4G!
I’ve had D&V twice in the last couple of months. Lots of water and jelly is what I was recommended.

Imbroglio Sun 19-Nov-17 05:57:59

Awake since 4 because of a nightmare. Can't get back to sleep. sad.

SpidersWithBellsOn Sun 19-Nov-17 06:03:32

flowers
I’m up, also not in the UK (although heading back soon for Christmas!). Bren working this morning but bored now so off on the subway for a late lunch and a bit of window shopping.

BulletFox Sun 19-Nov-17 06:11:25

Just woke up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now