Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Nativity Costume HELP!!

(10 Posts)
EvenFlo2 Sat 18-Nov-17 20:43:59

Please oh wise mumsnetters... DS is in his first school nativity and I have to provide a ‘kings page’ costume. What on earth would that be? I was thinking just a kings costume without a crown? So I’ve got a long red smock and have made a tabard for over the top with a curtain tie back belt... but I’m doubting myself :-(

flipflop67 Sat 18-Nov-17 20:45:52

Perfect.👍🏻

CMOTDibbler Sat 18-Nov-17 20:46:03

Usually for page I'd say matching polo neck and tights/leggings with a tabard over the top (with curtain tie belt)

educatingarti Sat 18-Nov-17 20:46:30

Sounds good to me. Or maybe shorter tunic with leggings?

EvenFlo2 Sat 18-Nov-17 20:50:09

Oooo short rather than long tabard then?

Thanks soooo much for the replies so far, I usually love making costumes but this has really thrown me. Probably a bit of ‘new parent in school’ anxiety kicking in...

educatingarti Sat 18-Nov-17 21:20:59

goo.gl/images/muEi1Q
Simplified version of this type of thing. Think you could get away with pe pumps for shoes.

EvenFlo2 Sat 18-Nov-17 21:26:54

Cool, think I could easily shorten my tabard and bung some leggings underneath.

Thank you, that feels so much easier now!

AdaColeman Sat 18-Nov-17 21:29:34

What you've got sounds spot on, don't worry about it being "perfect". You will find that there is a huge range/variety from the token costume to the totally over the top costume, aim to be somewhere in the middle! fgrin

EvenFlo2 Sat 18-Nov-17 21:56:13

Thank you, I know I am totally overthinking it. I’d ask the other mums but so far that’s proving difficult as they all stand in a closed little huddle ignoring newcomers like me.
It would have been so much easier if he’d been a sheep or something!

AdaColeman Sat 18-Nov-17 22:06:25

Ah yes! But which breed of sheep? fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now