Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Falling asleep in the evening

(15 Posts)
DaisyRaine90 Sat 18-Nov-17 07:22:14

Please tell me I'm not the only one who falls asleep regularly as soon as the kids go to sleep

My DP thinks I just don't want to spend time with him, but I am just exhausted. He keeps telling me "you only need 6 hours sleep"
that might be true for him, but I need a good nine

grin

Blowitout Sat 18-Nov-17 07:26:47

Me too! It drives me mad that I can’t do anything with my evenings. Does it bother you OP?

SparklyMagpie Sat 18-Nov-17 07:30:59

I'm a single parent but YES!! I totally get this grin sometimes I'm in bed for 7.30pm once DS is asleep because I'm so shattered

Sleep any day when you have a whirlwind of a toddler, although Ive been up for the last hour whilst DS is snoring away in his bed, so I love the chance to have a cup of coffee an watch the news to wake up properly before it starts confused

ellesbellesxxx Sat 18-Nov-17 07:53:10

I hear you... I go to bed at 8/9 most evenings now... i feel like I am catching up on all that lost sleep from pregnancy and the newborn phase 😂

StepAwayFromCake Sat 18-Nov-17 08:04:05

It's the reason we got a TV for the bedroom! So many times the awake one felt lonely on the sofa downstairs, or the tired one wanted to still b with the awake one. At least this way we can still snuggle up, even if the conversation disappears.

EllaHen Sat 18-Nov-17 08:10:34

Full time job and two kids is fairly exhausting. Some nights I am painfully shattered.

I remember my Mum snoozing on the sofa every evening and my Dad snapping at her to go to bed. I'd always tell him to leave her alone, she enjoys dozing with her family all around her.

MrsJBaptiste Sat 18-Nov-17 08:56:25

Sorry OP, I'm with your DP on this one. Maybe 6 hours isn't quite enough (7 hours will do my OH and I) but I'd hate it if my husband fell asleep after the kids went to bed every night! Surely nobody can be that tired that they need to go to bed at 7.30pm? shock

Even when I'm up at 4.30am for work, I wouldn't go as early as that. It would make me feel as if I had no life outside of work!

BearSoFair Sat 18-Nov-17 09:11:48

Yep! Not even after the kids are in bed blush Usually Fridays in my defence!

insancerre Sat 18-Nov-17 09:13:13

I don't even make 8 o'clock some nights

Chimchar Sat 18-Nov-17 09:15:41

Me and dh both do it...we’re hardcore and last until about 9pm. wink
It’s really annoying, but there’s not much I can do about it.

I think mine is general tiredness, disturbed sleep and silly waking up in the night, and stress related...when I’m well rested and relaxed, I can stay up much later.

Guiltybystander Sat 18-Nov-17 09:20:03

So your partner says you only need 6 hours of sleep each night?
What's next? He is going to tell you when and how much to eat?
....^Okay daddy^....

yummyeclair Sat 18-Nov-17 09:21:25

I do too unless there is a really good programme on. I need 8 hrs sleep and am a morning person but DH is an evening person. Have you tried exercising in fresh air, Just a 20 min brisk walk seems to give me more energy.

Fekko Sat 18-Nov-17 09:23:57

Exhausted! My day starts at 6am - work all day, school pick up, home - homework check, tidy, cook, clear up, maybe iron a shirt, crash out and snoring on the sofa by the news.

Note3 Sat 18-Nov-17 09:38:07

Yep approx 3 times a week but sometimes more I doze off around 7.30 and majority of the other times I'm tired but manage to fight it.

Drives my DH a bit nuts but I can't help it and every day of the week I am up at 5/5.30 with the children including the weekend whilst he lollops in bed til 6.30 most weekdays and 8/8.30 at weekends so he's getting way more sleep than me if I don't get earlier nights.

Yes I realise the early starts should be shared but it's an ongoing frustrating battle

DaisyRaine90 Sat 18-Nov-17 13:42:45

He just said "people only really need 6 hours sleep, the 8 hours is a myth"
Which is from a study I believe

Need not for full functioning?

still many high acheivers manage on 4 hours (including some of my family members) but I really need 8

we have dinner together at 7/7.30 once kids are in bed, then do dishes and washing, clear up from the day. Then at 8.30/9pm I fall asleep on the sofa. He then has to wake me up to do the babies dream feed.

We both get up between 5am and 7am depending on what we have to do that day and whether the baby is awake.

so if I fall asleep at 9pm I get my 8 hours otherwise sometimes I don't and am cranky

He's offered to do the dream feed as I'm obviously struggling with sleep right now but it is difficult because he needs 4-6 hrs and I need 7-10 hours.

I do exercise for 30 mins to an hour every day as well as walking a lot. I am non stop all the time and need the rest. I have a disability too which makes me tired so maybe that's why I drop off so much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now