Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ways of warming up when you're cold to the bone

(51 Posts)
SpottyGecko Fri 17-Nov-17 18:14:50

Anyone have any ways of warming yourself quickly?

Wrapped up, central heating on, hot cup of coffee. Still freezing!

Going out for a meal later so don't want to eat a hot meal now....

Any tips?

TisapityshesaGeordie Fri 17-Nov-17 18:15:32

Hot bath. It's where I am right now.

MuseumOfCurry Fri 17-Nov-17 18:15:55

Hot shower.

Playmobilpeacock Fri 17-Nov-17 18:16:07

A bath is the only way I've found.

daisygirlmac Fri 17-Nov-17 18:16:10

Wash up in hot water or go for a shower, I find that always helps me

BubblyCat Fri 17-Nov-17 18:16:11

Take off cold clothes, warm up next to radiator, layer back up again! All of your layers might be keeping you insulated from the heat!

Shockers Fri 17-Nov-17 18:16:15

Yep, bath or shower.

RoganJosh Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:03

You need an external source of heat. So a hot water bottle in side your clothes or sit with your back against a radiator. I find if I’m really cold, getting very wrapped up doesn’t really help as there’s no warmth in my body to keep in.

NC4now Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:07

Bath. I’m also currently defrosting (with a nice glass of wine....)

daisygirlmac Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:18

Or put loads of layers on and dash round doing housework for 20 mins, I find hoovering particularly effective can you tell I live in a cold house

mrssmiling Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:23

Put on a hat if you've got one... smile

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:32

Electric blanket in bed. Mmmmm lovely smile

dontquotemeondailymail Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:37

Hot water bottle!

PurplePillowCase Fri 17-Nov-17 18:18:10

hot water bottle.
ideally two, one in back and one by feet.
wrapped up in duvet.
hot drink.
bath tends to make me colder, unless the bathroom is really really warm.

SpottyGecko Fri 17-Nov-17 18:18:42

Thanks all. I might be bathing with the kids then grin

Hot clothes on radiator sounds like a plan too.

SpottyGecko Fri 17-Nov-17 18:20:43

Feet in a bowl of hot water sounds like a plan too smile

FinallyHere Fri 17-Nov-17 18:20:52

Exercise. Run up and down the stairs a couple of times, until you feel too hot, then have a cold shower. Point the cold water at your fee at first then move it up your body slowly, lungs and heart last of all. Stay under the cold water til it feels hot... Which is a sign that your circulation is responding respond to the cold water, making you feel warmer. Dry your self throughly and put on warm clothes.

Repeat, but usually if you do enough at each stage, this is fool proof. Enjoy.

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 17-Nov-17 18:21:26

My downstairs loo is currently a cure for hypothermia. The temperature control knob has broken off and it's roasting in there.

DancesWithOtters Fri 17-Nov-17 18:23:20

Whiskey grin

SciFiFan2015 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:23:26

Housework. Any sort of physical activity. Ironing? I always end up almost topless in the rare occasions I iron. Wii fit games? Or go outside for a brisk walk (maybe 20-30 minutes) and when you come back in you’ll be roasting.

Ollivander84 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:23:35

My man taught me this one! Washing up bowl full of hot water, add a few spoons of mustard powder and stir. Stick feet in bowl while drinking a hot drink
Honestly, I did this once and ended up stripping off and opening the windows as I ended up roasting grin I do it every time I get cold now!

Ollivander84 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:23:50

Nan even, not man hmm

cathyclown Fri 17-Nov-17 18:27:52

I got an electric heated throw as a pressie last Christmas. OMG it is the business whilst on the sofa when the heating is not on or cooling down. I do not share it with anyone!

Problem is, you never want to emerge from underneath it... for anything.

Miracle.

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 17-Nov-17 19:06:36

Whilst in the shower put leggings and hoodie in tumble drier along with fleecy blanket in the tumble drier. Then find a willing child (or offer £1😉) to run with warm clothes and blanket to bathroom when you shout.

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 19:21:13

Getting your wrists warm with hot water will help a lot if you can't be arsed to have a bath too - I run them under warm as I can stand water for a bit, but usually only at work when I'm not paying the bill!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now