Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does your employer provide sanitary protection?

(70 Posts)
Council Fri 17-Nov-17 17:56:10

Mine does and this might sound ridiculous but it makes a huge difference to my quality of life.

No more shuffling off to the the loo with a tampon up my sleeve and no more realising it's needed and not having it with me, it's always there on the shelf in the loo, kept stocked by the office admin and paid for by the organisation.

Such a small thing, very little cost to the employer really and makes a big difference. I would urge you all to promote it as a staff wellbeing initiative smile

LoudBatPerson Fri 17-Nov-17 17:57:53

Ours has recently started to and you're right, it is a little thing but it does make a difference, particularly when you come on unexpectedly.

bakingcupcakes Fri 17-Nov-17 17:59:53

Mine doesn't but the last company I worked for did.

Tedster77 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:00:53

You've got to be kidding....I work for the NHS grin.

Nice idea though.

WunWun Fri 17-Nov-17 18:02:54

No, but I did work somewhere were the woman all put some into a basket in the loos for emergencies.

WorraLiberty Fri 17-Nov-17 18:04:13

No, but I always carry it with me anyway.

BlueberryMarshmallow Fri 17-Nov-17 18:04:35

Not now but where I used to work there was a basket and everyone took it in turns refilling it- no one ever got asked to but everyone did and it was always full. It makes a huge difference!

AnneLovesGilbert Fri 17-Nov-17 18:04:51

No. Nowhere I've ever worked has done that!

I'm in the public sector. We don't get pay rises either.

wizzywig Fri 17-Nov-17 18:05:48

And people dont steal them?

BakedBeans47 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:06:08

No but there’s a unit in the toilet where presumably people have brought some in so if I was ever caught short I’d use one and replace it. I use a mooncup however so it’s unlikely I’d need to

OSETmum Fri 17-Nov-17 18:06:12

No, I work in about school, we don’t even get paper towel to dry our hands anymore!

tectonicplates Fri 17-Nov-17 18:06:16

Where are the items kept - just in a box in the ladies loo?

I hope they're not scented ones!

PotteringAlong Fri 17-Nov-17 18:06:29

No, not here.

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 18:06:57

No, but all the women in my office know I have a stash in my bottom draw if they are caught out - I'm the only one with enough space.

Tbh the men know too because I keep my crisp stash in there too just to fuck with them. (everyone is allowed the crisps as long as they don't eat the last packet).

Kelsoooo Fri 17-Nov-17 18:08:02

In my head office there is a basket in the toilet with sanitary wear, perfume samples, deodorants, nail varnish remover, cotton wool etc etc. Basically anything a woman might need suddenly.

I'm reliably informed the men's have a similar basket.

MaureenMLove Fri 17-Nov-17 18:09:13

I think we've got a machine in the loo. Not sure tbh! We do provide them for the students thought, which I organised through the first aid budget, so I know where to get them.

WizardOfToss Fri 17-Nov-17 18:09:27

Never experienced this in the corporate world, but we do in our community shop.

Small business is beautiful!

rcit Fri 17-Nov-17 18:10:07

I would have thought the kind of stash you refer to would be for if you are caught off guard without any on you?

Anyway. It seems odd. Lots of necessities are not provided by employers - the whole point of them paying you is so you can buy your necessities confused

Council Fri 17-Nov-17 18:11:51

I'm in the public sector too, in school in fact, but we do have a very enlightened head who really believes in (and reaps the benefits of) staff wellbeing.

LoudBatPerson Fri 17-Nov-17 18:15:46

We have individual cubicles at worth with a mirror sink etc all in the actual cubical itself so they are just in the cupboard.

TillyVonMilly Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:14

I work mainly from home now but at my previous job we used to but it an put it in a cupboard in the loos. Never ran out and there wasn’t a rota, just pick up a box in th

GrockleBocs Fri 17-Nov-17 18:17:55

Ha ha no. We don't get anything except tap water, loo roll and power in my place.

EvilRinguBitch Fri 17-Nov-17 18:18:42

No.
Nespresso machines, tea, coffee, milk, fruit and enough paper clips to build a model battle ship but no Sanpro, not even a machine. It would be handy to spare you those annoying moments when the one time you don’t take your handbag to the loo is the one time you suddenly need it.

TillyVonMilly Fri 17-Nov-17 18:18:53

Oops, seem to have hit post blush
That should say, used to just pick up a box in the supermarket every couple of months

TheAntiBoop Fri 17-Nov-17 18:19:40

Corporate I worked in used to do it but stopped because people were taking it home and giving it to friends etc so they were buying it for half of London!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now