Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

The one time i make a bloody effort

(8 Posts)
MrsHoneysHat Fri 17-Nov-17 16:53:45

And I forget about the whole marzipan nut thing so daughters pudsey cake couldnt be sold at the bake sale. To add insult to injury they didnt even send it home for us to gobble the staff ate it!
She cried. Its not often i get my act together so doubly annoyed at wasted effort. Grumble grumble.

WhatCanIDoNowPlease Fri 17-Nov-17 17:05:30

How much did they contribute financially to the charity cake baked for charity and to be sold/auctioned for charity?

You donated something for a specific cause and the teachers used it for something else.

I'm really fucked off on your behalf.

MrsHoneysHat Fri 17-Nov-17 17:07:50

Thankyou! I know there's bigger issues but i do feel a bit pissed off. I dont know if they made a contribution just know DD said that teacher said the staff could eat it.

RozDeek Fri 17-Nov-17 17:09:54

I think that's well cheeky if they are it with no contribution!!

MollyHuaCha Fri 17-Nov-17 17:19:34

I sympathize.

When I made the effort I was ticked off for not wrapping individual cakes in cellophane.

‘I don’t know if we can sell them unwrapped’ moaned the ungrateful helper as she grabbed them off me anyway.

I’d even supplied an ingredients list for those with allergies.

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 17:39:57

Cheery email to the teach teacher - "it cost Xty pounds in ingredients to make the cake I sent in, which I don't begrudge obviously because chaaaridee. I won't make the mistake with the ingredients again but can I just check that the teachers did donate at least that much for the cake they ate instead of sending home? Only I could have used it at huge church/stables/cthulu cult party instead and raised Ytybillion, you see."

Tanaqui Fri 17-Nov-17 17:44:24

Any school I've worked in the staff will have paid, and probably hoped it would make your dd feel special that the teachers ate it, rather than sad it couldn't be sold. Why don't people think the best of others!

MrsHoneysHat Fri 17-Nov-17 17:49:27

Apparantly the TA said to DD 'did you not know DD not to bring in anything with nuts' She's 8! How would she know marzipan has nuts in obviously thats for me to be aware of but i think that made her feel worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now