Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are your experiences of taking different drugs?

(77 Posts)
DailyMailSucksCock Fri 17-Nov-17 13:11:43

I've NC as I know a few people on here and feel like a bit of a prat asking this.

I've always been completely terrified of drugs (I clearly internalised my Life Skills lessons we used to have) so I never experimented when I was a teenager. I smoked weed once in a park but then puked in a bush.

I'd like to know what it feels like to under the influence of drugs. A woman I was at university with took heroin once and, while I think it was stupid and dangerous, I was fascinated by her account of feeling warm and fuzzy.

What's it like to hallucinate, for example? Do you know you're hallucinating? What's it like to come down- is it as bad as we were taught at school!? grin

mustbemad17 Fri 17-Nov-17 13:13:22

Come downs are the absolute pits!!! Seriously, it's like having a hangover multiplied by a gazillion with the added fuzz effect!!

specialsubject Fri 17-Nov-17 13:15:43

You can get warm and happy feelings in far less sad sack ways. An enjoyable sport ( there's more to it than team games with balls) , a beautiful place ( it is autumn in the uk, get outside), doing good, satisfying job, stuff like that.

SleepFreeZone Fri 17-Nov-17 13:16:43

It's total crap. Honestly.

mustbemad17 Fri 17-Nov-17 13:25:34

The 'buzz' is most definitely not worth a) the risk & b) the feeling of absolute crap for days afterwards. Waste of money too!

DailyMailSucksCock Fri 17-Nov-17 13:31:36

Oh I know all of this about how stupid and dangerous it is. I've just learnt to knit and, to be honest, I can't imagine anything more exhilarating and terrifying than trying to keep bloody count of my stitches.

I'm in no way tempted to take any drugs.

I just wonder what does that feeling actually feel like, like corporeally and mentally.

NCbecausethatsinthepast Fri 17-Nov-17 13:33:58

Okay soooo
Uppers- like MDMA, MCat, speed ect generally take some time to kick in then you get the rush of it first hitting. Basically feels like you've got a shit ton of energy and you can't contain it, makes you want to move, hence why it's used more at raves ect.
Downers- like Ketamine/ can't actually remember any others atm, I guess booze too? K makes you feel kind of a little drunk, but very spacey and you can hallucinate on it but it's not pleasant.

Hallucinogens- my fav of all time. Honestly if I got the chance in the right time and place I would dabble once more just for the one trip. Acid aka LSD is the most popular and for a reason, makes you feel all giggly and heightens all of your senses. E.g. taste so everything tastes so AMAZING compared to normal. Heightens colours so everything is bright, if you're tripping you'll see patterns on plainer things like white walls or signs with back lights. Nothing like dragons charging at you or things that aren't there- they just look pretty and patterened.
4accoDMT is the phsyco active chemical in magic mushrooms, never done mushrooms but have done the extract back in the day. Much more intense than LSD, far more visual and feels intense.
Only ever tripped and hallucinated properly on LSD and salvia- at the same time.... I wasn't wise but it was a hell of a lot of fun and had no neg side effects unlike uppers ect. I thought I was a cushion on someones sofa for about 3 minutes, so not thrilling, but a very odd experience and quite funny. Never seen anything that wasn't there.

MymbleClement Fri 17-Nov-17 13:35:02

Most shocking comedown I ever had was from taking speed (yes it was an idiotic choice but it was once and I was young). The next day I was actually in tears. Horrendous.

I have very fond memories of tripping on magic mushrooms with friends and didn't feel bad at all afterwards. The effects of those can be extremely variable though. I had a profound spiritual experience but then again also thought my cat was singing and I could 'see' the music. Possibly outed myself now...

All this stuff was many years ago when I had zero responsibility obviously!

NCbecausethatsinthepast Fri 17-Nov-17 13:35:40

Aware of the shit storm I've let myself into but this was all in the past, I left those days behind. But from what I've gathered on MN not a lot of people have dabbled, let alone as much as I did blush

Sarahjconnor Fri 17-Nov-17 13:38:47

I don't know, I know what I am supposed to say but that's not what my experience has been.

I've had some great times off my head on E, dancing in a field with 1000s of people I don't know, believing that your generation can change the world and end sexism/racism.... cheesy but it felt so so good. Such happy carefree days. No camera, no photos, no alcohol no posing just music and energy and dancing and pure highs - no one cared about your bank balance or your education.

I've lain under a palm tree high on weed and feeling like I hadn't a care in the world, it also helped me recover from post traumatic stress. It helped me sleep when I had insomnia and eased my desperation when I was grieving.

I think all but addictive class A drugs such as heroin ad cocaine should be legalised so people can make informed choices about what they are buying and medics know what they are dealing with when they have to attend someone who has problems. In a C4 documentary less than 20% of the contents of an E tablet was MDMT - it was mostly ketamine.

I had a BF become addicted to cocaine which was a sad and desperate way to see him waste his talents.

Drugs devastate families and ruin lives, so does alcohol and violence, so do MH issues and poverty but every persons experience is different.

Herja Fri 17-Nov-17 13:39:13

Halucinating can be amazing, or fucking terrifying. Too much is not fun, I've been trapped in a war zone with bombs going off and have seen my friend turning in to the devil. I have also spent a happy morning watching some truly fantastic birds flying about and the road surface as an Axminster carpet that was sort of flying like a magic one. Mushrooms are more fun than acid. Comedown so from tripping don't feel bad, your head just feels hollow and everything is oddly quiet, I always felt quite dreamy.

Comedowns from uppers are vile. You feel properly ill, like a horrid virus. Mdma is fun, always made me sick though, buzzy and really happy, filled with energy. Speed is like a manic episode, couldn't control my eye on it, incredible energy, not as cheery. Coke is just dull (and it was apparently very good coke), energy, but just like having had a really good night's sleep and talking too much about nothing interesting, and bit wired. People on coke are dull.

When I did such things you got something called 2ci (or 2cb, one was more of an upper, one more of a trip) which was an upper/hallucinatory combination, that was really fun, it was a mdma and acid one. Ketamine is fun in small amounts, makes walking strange, made a club floor spongy. Too much makes you sit vacantly staring and dribbling like a prat (halucinating while this is happening). Over all, I really enjoyed drugs. They don't mix with children though, so I haven't taken them for a long time.

Herja Fri 17-Nov-17 13:42:18

I did have the full different world effect with acid a lot of times, but you have to take a lot... the war zone one was on 8 drops of liquid lsd, which is equivalent to about 3 tabs per drop. That is a bit too much really. Fun before the war zone though.

NCbecausethatsinthepast Fri 17-Nov-17 13:44:05

@herja

Swear 2cb was just another science lab experiment gone wrong type thing, also a trippy one but I don't remember it being mixed with MDMA?
Mixing LSD and MDMA was known as 'candy flipping' back in my day

Herja Fri 17-Nov-17 13:45:39

You are quite probably right, I never took it very early in the evening...

NCbecausethatsinthepast Fri 17-Nov-17 13:45:57

Oh and back to the weed- I wouldn't class this as a heavy drug as I have a fair few mates who lead fully functional lives as stoners- I used to before LO

Would rather chill with someone who's stoned as opposed to drunk anyday

DailyMailSucksCock Fri 17-Nov-17 13:46:20

Wow, so interesting.

With your war zone thing, did you know you were hallucinating? Or did you really think you were there?

Sarahjconnor Fri 17-Nov-17 13:53:24

A bloke that lives near me took too much liquid acid and came round with Rastafarian beliefs and has been a full on Rasta ever since.

killerwhale Fri 17-Nov-17 13:53:40

Oh the good old days!
Definitely LSD and mushrooms are the most fun but you have to be with the right people IMO. I definitely saw all sorts of shit on that stuff, Everyone looks so strange and it’s just hilarious!
Cocaine just makes you confident and chatty and keeps you awake really, Es were lovely and gave everyone a feeling of being together.
What I loved most about taking drugs was the bonds with other people.

However, there are The come downs.

DJBaggySmalls Fri 17-Nov-17 13:54:40

I enjoy having really vivid dreams even when they are nightmares, and thats the closest I can get to describing ketamine or amanita mushrooms. You just have to go with it. You know it isnt going to last forever.
Magic mushrooms are fun. Sort of like lucid dreams with added visual effects.

ConfusedLivingDoll Fri 17-Nov-17 13:58:32

Weed. Made me so anxious most of the time. Had panic attacks and thought my heart was going to explode. Then there were the short term memory losses. You'd forget what you were saying a second ago. Quite distressing, so didn't suit me.

Cocaine: Just like drinking your first couple of drinks without the nausea and tiredness. Everything feels good and happy. Until you run out of it. Then you feel glum. Next morning feels like a cold with added depression.

Valium and other medical downers: Wonderful calm like a massive warm hug. All's well in the world.

Needless to say, I don't use anymore, but can't lie about sometimes missing it when I feel like shit or can't sleep.

NCbecausethatsinthepast Fri 17-Nov-17 14:00:45

I have a friend who's ex once tripped too hard and fell asleep, woke up and grabbed a bottle of what he thought was water and glugged the entire thing in one... turned out to be the little bottle of acid...
He's got serious mental health issues now and has to have daily injections to keep things in balance..
So too much is obviously stupid.
But one lil trip is so much fun

ConfusedLivingDoll Fri 17-Nov-17 14:02:07

Forgot to say, had my most distressing experience in life due to a comedown from weed. I had an episode of feeling like everything around me was strange, scary and foreign. I knew that it wasn't, but it felt like that. Proper awful disassociation. I thought I would stay like that forever. So shall never touch the stuff again.

CactaiSurprise Fri 17-Nov-17 14:02:38

I took speed once.
I went for a really long walk with my mate, to get snacks. Took about 90 minutes round trip. Then we got back to hers and cleaned for four hours straight, I don't recall why! I do however remember that her mum got back at 10am very surprised and happy with the fact the house gleamed...
we were 17 I believe.
blush grin

I have done cannabis more, it doesn't make me trip or anything. I become relaxed, giggly (and warm and fuzzy) everything tastes 100x better and sex feels amazing ( blush ). I'd do that again, but don't get the chance as a middle aged mum of 1.

CactaiSurprise Fri 17-Nov-17 14:05:16

That said with regards to weed I do get paranoid and frightened if I smoke alone. Feeling watched, mind won't calm down, hiding under the quilt after triple checking I've locked every door, feeling vulnerable and powerless. But I feel absolutely fine with a friend or partner! confused

killerwhale Fri 17-Nov-17 14:05:41

Oh mustn’t forget nasty speed, not my friend.
Incidentally. I think most recreational drugs are really quite safe and fun when taken responsibly and you can have quite enlightening experiences. I used to think that if everyone tried acid then the world would be a better place but now I realise that the people who are too scared or don’t want to would hate it, you have to be open to the experience and go with it, control freaks would hate it I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now