Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Oh no Hermes have got my mum's birthday present

(43 Posts)
listsandbudgets Fri 17-Nov-17 12:14:35

Last time I sent her a parcel they left it in the conservatory at about 2.15pm (my mum does not have a conservatory!) and then said customer refused it at the door at 3.45pm... it never reappeared confused

If I'd known this company used hermes (ordered through amazon but not fulfilled by them) I wouldn't' have used them... its currently showing due to be delivered today.... I have a bad feeling about this sad

Spanneroo Fri 17-Nov-17 12:24:58

OP you have my sympathy.

I recently ordered a car seat - similar naivety as to the delivery service.

Delivery 1) working day only delivery arrived on a Saturday. We weren't in so they left the car seat on the street outside our block of flats. It turned out to be the wrong car seat.

Collection 1) arrived at 7:15pm having confirmed collection at 3:00pm (6am-6pm arrival slot)

Delivery 2) arrived with 2 car seats (both incorrect but different from each other) and left them outside having not rung the buzzer along with a 'sorry we missed you'

Collection 2) arrived on Wednesday, having confirmed a Thursday slot. Luckily I was in. Only expecting to collect a single parcel. There was some argument about taking both parcels. Driver took both parcels.

Delivery 3) correct item arrived on the day it was supposed to. Delivery was not recorded until I was contacted for redelivery 2 days later (which I declined).

I have no idea how they're still running. I didn't realise so much could go wrong!

listsandbudgets Fri 17-Nov-17 17:32:37

Its still showing as out for delivery... its not going to get there is it...

HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone Fri 17-Nov-17 17:34:11

To give you hope I have literally just answered the door to a Hermes delivery!!

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Fri 17-Nov-17 17:36:05

I hope to god they are not doing my amazon delivery, which I have waited all day for and there is no sign of!

Bubblysqueak Fri 17-Nov-17 17:39:10

HeadsDiwnThumbsUpEveryone is it your parcel or op's (just wondering with their track record ) grin

PurplePotatoes Fri 17-Nov-17 17:39:43

Must admit they have a really bad rep but I've sent and received over 100 parcels with them easily and never had a problem except one driver who kept delivering to the same house number on a different street. I do think it's all down to the driver rather the company. Fingers crossed for you !

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 17:41:32

I was just about to ask if anyone had ever actually received a parcel from them - literally every hermes delivery I've been involved in has gone wrong.

keely79 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:42:49

They just did my amazon delivery - and it never showed up - suddenly my delivery date jumped by a week. It was shown as having been given to Hermes and being out for delivery and then nada.

I contacted Amazon who were very apologetic - they've sent a replacement out (by different courier) and given me Amazon credit and a month's free prime membership. Worth giving them a call?

ByeGermsByeWorries Fri 17-Nov-17 17:43:42

Just had my Hermes delivery punted over the back fence into the pond today. “A safe place”apparently.

RaeCJ82 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:44:26

I have a lovely Hermes delivery woman who delivers to me. She also delivers Next parcels. I’ve never had a problem with them.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 17-Nov-17 17:47:18

I’m always bemused by the service other MNs get (or notsmile) from Hermes because where I am they are brilliant, far and away the best courier company to the extent that when I know something is coming via them I breathe a sigh of relief. I’m in SE (North Kent coast). Weird. Hope I haven’t just jinxed it grin

Floralnomad Fri 17-Nov-17 17:52:34

Good luck Op , ds ordered a blue ray player for his Nan for Xmas , Hermes delivered it , nobody in so they dropped it over a 6.5 ft gate onto a concrete path . It had no packaging other than the address label so obvious what it was . He rang and said he wasn’t accepting it , they sent another and did exactly the same again 2 days later with the second one . So I now have 2 DVD players waiting to go back and he’s waiting on his refund . Bloody ridiculous company .

MyNameIsJane Fri 17-Nov-17 17:53:12

We had problems with Hermes recently. When speaking to Wilkos, they said they had areas where people really rate Hermes. Obviously not in my area though!

Council Fri 17-Nov-17 18:02:17

Oh, I like Hermes. Very pleasant lady delivers and if I'm not there she leaves it by the back door, which saves the aggravation of collecting from the post office, bothering a neighbour or arranging re-delivery.

haba Fri 17-Nov-17 18:28:51

They never, ever ring the doorbell, just leave a card confused DH works in a room overlooking the front door, so he sees them post the card, without botheringhmm

Antonia87 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:32:06

I have had nothing but problems with them, Absolutely awful. Good luck OP. I now avoid using any company that uses them .

georgie262 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:38:31

It must vary from area to area - a company I buy from regularly use Hermes and I’ve never had a problem. In fact I love my delivery lady.

AutumnGlitterBall Fri 17-Nov-17 18:44:09

My Hermes man is great. Never had parcels go missing or things turn up broken. The only thing he’s ever launched over the fence was 48 toilets rolls from Groupon.

Toomanycats99 Fri 17-Nov-17 18:56:44

My Hermes lady is lovely! Dpd not so good this week. Ordered delivery and when I got the alert changed it to local collection point to avoid issues of not being in. Got another message telling me they couldn’t deliver this particular article to the shop collection point and it would go to my home - then got a message telling me it had been delivered to the collection point!

deepestdarkestperu Fri 17-Nov-17 19:00:22

I’ve heard so many horror stories about them but they seem to be fine around here. Ordered something off boohoo the other day - next day delivery. Arrived at midday, left in the porch as requested and got a text to say it was delivered with a photo of the location.

I think it’s down to the driver/area as opposed to the company.

chocoholicanon Fri 17-Nov-17 19:41:18

Our Hermes driver is great I never have a problem with them, Yodel on the other hand are awful.

listsandbudgets Fri 17-Nov-17 20:24:00

Sigh now showing "delay wait 24 hours" not liking this...

CigarsofthePharoahs Fri 17-Nov-17 20:28:16

My last brush with Hermes -
I ordered 5 rolls of red organza for a friend's wedding. I received - a Phillips Ladyshave.
Thankfully the company I ordered from were very on the ball and couriered the organza to me the following day as the Amazon complaints procedure was useless so I phoned direct!
Guess what arrived three weeks later (and after the wedding)?
I'm very well off for red organza now.

bluebells1 Fri 17-Nov-17 20:28:35

My Hermes lady is so good! DPD guy is a cunt though. He throws parcels at my dog, badmouths my neighbours and lies through his teeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now