Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Mr Frosty - Christmas wish list

(26 Posts)
Ringonrighthand Fri 17-Nov-17 07:02:04

My daughter is 6, she's only asked for two things this Christmas - Sparkle Science (anyone got this?) And Mr Frosty. I think it's funny how even when I was a kid everyone asked for Mr Frosty but never got it and I'm sure it will end up in a cupboard (like the gold chocolate coin maker from last year) but I've seen there is an ice cruncher type one and an ice cream maker. Can anyone recommend which one to get? The ice one seems more practical as surely made from just water (and maybe flavour) but the ice cream one seems more complicated. Anyone know what you make the ice cream from? Thanks!

ToastyFingers Fri 17-Nov-17 07:13:25

I don't know about these new dangled Mr frostys but can I just reassure you, mine never ended up in a cupboard, it was my absolute favourite.

I still even remember the 90s advert.

Mr frosty is such fun,
He makes drinks for everyone!
Put the ice under his hat,
Turn the handle just like that!

Or something similar.

Paddington68 Fri 17-Nov-17 07:20:31

Mr Frosty didn't work.

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 07:25:33

The water one. Then you can vicariously enjoy the Mr Frosty you never had and also its marginally healthier - probably the same amount of sugar but more water and less cleaning up.

switswoo81 Fri 17-Nov-17 07:29:12

We had the original Hasbro ice one when younger. It was relegated to s press for a time after my mother caught 6 year old me trying to put toddler brothers fingers in it to see what would happen.... other than that great toy!

MargaretCabbage Fri 17-Nov-17 09:01:19

I have no idea because we weren't allowed one, it's the family tradition to always want one but never get it. grin

Whinesalot Fri 17-Nov-17 09:06:19

If you get her one then you will deny her the opportunity to lament about this on the futures equivalent to mumsnet.

N0tNowBernard Fri 17-Nov-17 09:08:56

Haha! Definitely! Or she could be the one child in school that has one so therefore, she will have unicorn like status. (Or she would have done in my school. The same with that Mousetrap game.)

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 09:27:48

Why were we never ever allowed one? I went to a naice private school with well off parents and still: no one had one, we all craved them. It wasn't just money, they weren't terribly expensive, what was it??

HermionesRightHook Fri 17-Nov-17 09:27:49

Why were we never ever allowed one? I went to a naice private school with well off parents and still: no one had one, we all craved them. It wasn't just money, they weren't terribly expensive, what was it??

IAmNotTheIronMan Fri 17-Nov-17 09:32:25

Someone on YouTube reviewed a new Mr Frosty; it was awful grin
youtu.be/lYyqKjqxlNU

washingmachinefastwash Fri 17-Nov-17 09:38:22

I had mr frosty when I was young. I loved it. It was used all the time.

Ringonrighthand Fri 17-Nov-17 23:45:15

Haha some great anecdotes on here, thank you! I will go for the ice one smile

FlyingFordAnglia Fri 17-Nov-17 23:48:22

I always made my DM feel guilty for not buying me a mr frosty. She bought me one last Christmas. I’m 34 blush

CupofBeans Fri 17-Nov-17 23:52:35

I always wanted mr frosty but never got one 🙁 My dd asked for sparkle science two years ago and we bought it for her, it’s really shit! Every experiment is such a let down. The best one was the lava lamp which lasted 2mins tops and you can easily do it at home yourself. I’d avoid anything John Adams to be fair every thing seems to be a let down.

LulusMiniEgg Fri 17-Nov-17 23:53:03

I’m desperate for a girls world and my mum keeps threatening to get me one. I’m also 34....

Hauntedlobster Fri 17-Nov-17 23:56:14

My sister got a mr frosty when I was a kid but my mum never let us play with it ##nltbitter

slimyslitheryslug Sat 18-Nov-17 00:02:00

DD has a Mr Frosty. It's not bad.

TheFuckitBuckit Sat 18-Nov-17 00:25:20

ironman that review had me laughing all the way through, Thanks just what I needed ! 😀

I always wanted Mr Frosty never got it. Was so jealous when BF did get it when we were about 9, she invited over to test it for the first time.......it was indeed shit!

TheHodgeHeg Sat 18-Nov-17 01:28:50

We had a Mr Frosty! It might have been my little sisters. I remember it getting used quite a lot.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sat 18-Nov-17 01:34:40

If I were a kid I think I'd really prefer the ice cream one (though I see how a parent would prefer the other). Maybe better clarify or start preparing her...

Ceesadoo Sat 18-Nov-17 01:36:29

Mr Frosty was such a disappointment when I had him. ‘Put the ice under his hat,turn the handle just like that’ did not result in the same outcome as the advert promised. Maybe it’s improved since 1997.

Emily7708 Sat 18-Nov-17 01:36:59

We had the Sparkle Science set last year. My DD really enjoyed making the items - the lava lamp was a bit pathetic but the set is definitely worth £20. Shame you didn’t buy them the other week - you could have got that and the Mr Frosty in the Argos 3 for 2. Wonder if there will be another one before Xmas.

Whinesalot Sun 19-Nov-17 00:35:15

Mankind are selling the slush puppy machine. Maybe this is actually better--or maybe not--

SilverSpot Sun 19-Nov-17 01:06:05

Our parents probably knew they wouldn’t work!

I was certainly never hard done by with gifts... except Mr Frosty! I did get a make your own pog machine (for anyone who remembers pogs). Gosh that was so much fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now