Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Morning breath. They don’t have that in TV land...

(244 Posts)
badbadhusky Thu 16-Nov-17 21:40:35

Or curtains/peeping toms. Or other traffic on the road (surely, with all that chit chat & no eyes on the road) except when the traffic is plot-relevant (crash, hit & run, picking up a hitcher etc).

What annoys you when you are watching telly?

CheckpointCharlie2 Thu 16-Nov-17 21:43:14

Almost every single telly programme has someone at some point saying 'besides' which no one ever says in real life. It really makes me mad! No idea why confused

HarrietKettleWasHere Thu 16-Nov-17 21:45:21

When they 'arrange' a date and it goes like this:

Rufus: So I'll pick you up Friday?
Greta: Great! Friday.

End of dialogue confused

WHAT TIME?!!! WHERE ARE WE GOING? FORMAL OR INFORMAL?!!
ARGGHHHH

MrsPear Thu 16-Nov-17 21:49:11

Empty cups

No phone manners

And in children programme lack of weather appropriate clothing

badbadhusky Thu 16-Nov-17 21:50:00

You rarely see anyone take a toilet break. Even meals are touch and go. There was a line about this in ‘Wanted’ (Aussie series): one character comments on the other losing weight and she replies something like “yeah, we rarely make time to eat!” grin

Guiltybystander Thu 16-Nov-17 21:53:35

They brush their teeth without toothpaste.
They don't really eat, get full with a couple of bites.
They often deliver emotional monologues with their backs turned on the person they are talking to. Fucking rude.
They don't lock their doors and any Tom, Dick and Harry can just walk in.

BinkyBuntyFintyCunty Thu 16-Nov-17 21:57:02

No-one irons. Ever.

OldWitch00 Thu 16-Nov-17 21:59:54

labor and delivery scenes are quick and easy...mess free affairs

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 16-Nov-17 22:00:51

They don't eat or sleep.

No morning breath

No granny knickers

No armpit hair despitè apparently not showing for 72 hours straight

No one talks to eachother they just get huffy and create elaborate plans based on no evidence. They never just ask.

They afford amazing accommodation when working part time in a cafe.

Babies live in 24 hour daycare paid for by said part time cafe job.

Teens roam streets at all hours of the day and night on top of school and part time jobs yet the problem is an hour alone with a boyfriend/girlfriend even though no one knows where their kids are and they are all at age of consent.

No one can cook

Their phones never stop ringing even when they are with all their friends

DrMadelineMaxwell Thu 16-Nov-17 22:04:08

I say besides! All the time.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 16-Nov-17 22:04:23

Ttoo.much breathing

Mascarawandlady Thu 16-Nov-17 22:06:24

Always look great when just woken up and never finish a drink in a pub. What a waste!

mummymummums Thu 16-Nov-17 22:12:01

The no morning breath annoys me. I'm sure my DH thinks it's normal and I shouldn't mind his.
Invisible children - in soapland who's babysitting while they're all in the pub.
Endless money with no obvious source for some.
And being able to shout or speak your mind and the friendship is fine the next day. Most people I know sulk!

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 16-Nov-17 22:17:37

And can I also mention the computers?

Ones so amazing they can instantly access everything in micro seconds and of course the school kids who can type long winded phrases onto Google in the blink of an eye yet the printers are slower than a dead snail frozen into a block of ice.

Why is that.

bufin Thu 16-Nov-17 22:19:43

They finally get their dinner in the canteen and they have to leave it due to an emergency. Like hell I would, a handful of serviettes and at least half of it would be coming with me.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 16-Nov-17 22:27:04

And what emergencies could a bunch of kids possibly have?

And why is it no matter how dumb, clumsy, clueless, confused, busy with multiple jobs/ lessons they are somehow they still figure things out faster than the police

Funko Thu 16-Nov-17 22:27:50

Ooh I need to join in!

Yes yes to the no morning breath!

Also, no one ever needs a wee when they wake up in the morning.

Too many people order food/drinks and leave them immediately.

No one ever immediately explains a misunderstanding. Always gawpy face and allows a simple thing that could be explained turn into a monumental life changing fuck up.

Women sleep in their bras (and full face of makeup).

There’s never an awkward ‘stop’ and faff putting a condom moment ...

notonmynelly Thu 16-Nov-17 22:28:23

When someone passes them a takeaway coffee or a mug of coffee and it's really obvious there is nothing in it! It just looks really light so must be empty I can't explain it 😂

AnyFucker Thu 16-Nov-17 22:30:10

Every tiny terraced house has at least 6 families living in it

JaneJeffer Thu 16-Nov-17 22:30:31

They throw big expensive bunches of flowers in the bin. And any evidence they want to hide is left right at the top of the bin so it can be seen immediately. And no one ever empties a bin!

elephantoverthehill Thu 16-Nov-17 22:33:41

Neither men or women with excess weight are ever seen in a 'romantic' undressed situation.

YolandiFuckinVisser Thu 16-Nov-17 22:33:57

Slightly off-topic but kind of similar... I read 5 on a Treasure Island to DD recently, I loved the Famous 5 series as a child and DD very much enjoyed the story also. This morning I took the dogs out for their morning walk. Unlike Timmy they didn't have the self control to not chase the rabbits flaunting themselves by the gorse bushes. The also did poos which I collected in plastic bags and placed in the poo bin. There was no mention of a poo bin on Kirrin Island, nor was there any mention of where Julian, Dick, Anne and George went for their toilet breaks. The whole island must have been covered in shit; human, canine and lapine. Either that or they were all too well-mannered in a 1940s Blytonesque way to do something so vile as to excrete the waste products of a diet almost completely composed of pork pies, chocolate cake and boiled eggs. This thought occupied my mind all the way home.

badbadhusky Thu 16-Nov-17 22:37:23

the waste products of a diet almost completely composed of pork pies, chocolate cake and boiled eggs.

Grim thought.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 16-Nov-17 22:38:36

And elevators.

They take soooo long they have entire conversations or have sex or marriage proposals.

I'd be phoning an engineer imagine how late you'd be if every time you went to lunch it took twenty mins just to get to the ground floor

ShotsFired Thu 16-Nov-17 22:39:40

They'll attend any popular event or function - even horrifically late - and pull up right outside where there will be a handy empty parking space in amongst the masses of other vehicles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now