Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Old before my time and proud!

(72 Posts)
StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:13:40

After a busy day at work, Mnetting and online shopping, as well as the usual chores, I'm thinking for the umpteenth night in a row that I CANNOT WAIT to run a hot bath---- and wallow for a while.

I am also ridiculously excited about having a cup of hot Ovaltine after it.

And finally I am, quite frankly, ecstatic to then climb into bed and go straight to sleep sorry again DH. At around 9pm.

I used to be a party animal! Start drinking at lunchtime on a weekend and cane it all the way till the early hours and beyond. I had stamina. Now? Thanks to years of work, insomnia and kids, I like to get my rest and sleep as much as my body will let me ( I get to sleep fine but staying that way for more than 4 bloody hours is a challenge I accept every single night).

I get excited about warm things like hot drinks and hot water bottles and dressing gowns. I can't think of anything worse than a night out (last one a few weeks ago I lasted until 1.30am and was pretty much sober as I can't do hangovers anymore).

I'm just soooo tired but I can't help but think that I'm only just 34 so am I destined to be more like 84?? I look after elderly patients and I even talk like them now out of work! And I actually love it!

And don't get me started on watching my DD15 growing up and about to embark on life... god I feel old. Anyway, time for my bath grinbrew

confusedandemployed Tue 14-Nov-17 19:17:36

I'm 44, just off out for a couple with a friend and I love a night out.

However when I'm not out I'm in bed by 8.30, I love a hot bath and most of all a snuggle with my darling Ddog.

Everything in moderation 😉

sweatylemon Tue 14-Nov-17 19:20:45

I am just off to work (I could do without)

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:22:19

Confused I'm hoping by 40 when the kids have grown up etc I'll get some energy back grinenjoy your night!

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:23:51

SweatyLemon oh no, nightshift? flowersI managed to escape them earlier this year. Managed them ok because I'm not bothered about staying awake but eventually because I couldn't sleep in the day either it all caught up with me so I do 12 hour days now instead.

Hope your shift goes well.

DancesWithOtters Tue 14-Nov-17 19:27:47

Me too, and I'm 33! I'm boring and I love it.

My friends go climbing/clubbing/Zumba/crossfit/escape rooms etc.

I go home, put pyjamas on, grab the cat and lie on the sofa with my kindle.

Ausparent Tue 14-Nov-17 19:28:32

I am in bed right now. Although we are 1 hour ahead of uk. No shame in it.

deepestdarkestperu Tue 14-Nov-17 19:31:10

I’m 28 and currently freshly showered, in my onesie, in bed! I love lazy evenings and I’ve never been a massive party animal.

Not remotely ashamed!

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:32:27

Dances yes I'm very boring now and I don't care. As I say I'll probably get second wind at some point (maybe) but I just don't have the energy right now. I'm happy just having an hour on the sofa with some crappy TV and then bed!

Saying that it might be becoming a trend because I know a lot of 30-somethings who are the same, and then I know a lot of 50+ people who are out and about most days/nights of the week. I am in awe of them grin

DancesWithOtters Tue 14-Nov-17 19:34:20

Nah, don't bother with a second wind. There's far too much good stuff on Netflix. grin

Olivetappas Tue 14-Nov-17 19:36:13

It's the little things in life grin I much prefer to stay in hot chocolate, glass of wine on the weekend, kids tucked up in bed, nice movie cuddle with the dh.
All that drinking in bars, pubs, clubs is over rated confused
I have a few friends who go out on wknds 10 years and it's always the same story on Monday, bores the life out of me lol

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:36:43

A mate of mine is 52, works full time (no children but has a DH) and she is out pretty much 5 nights out of 7! It's brilliant because you can tell she absolutely loves it all - she's not necessarily drinking every night or anything but she has a very busy social life.

Me and my mates however? Go out for birthdays if we can be arsed, other than that it's cups of coffee round each other's houses but only in morning or early afternoons on days off because we are all too knackered come 7pm grin

EvilDoctorBallerinaRoastDuck Tue 14-Nov-17 19:37:06

DS2's just gone to bed, I'd love to go too, but I have to wait for DH to finish in the kitchen, put uniforms out, unload washing machine and make 2 packed teas. hmm😴

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:38:13

Dances Yes! I'm going to be laid up from Friday for a while after an op so I'm looking forward to getting me some uninterrupted Netflix (where do I start?!) and of course, obligatory supplies of Ovaltine or hot Ribena grin

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:39:46

EvilDoctor I hate that. Having to still be doing stuff at like 8pm when all you want is to go the hell to bed. winefor you (or maybe partake in some Ovaltine with me brewgrin).

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:41:32

Olive yes I found that last time I went out. Everyone is pretty much doing the same thing and they're all really lairy and all I wanted was a kebab, taxi and bed.

That's not to say I never go out at all but put it this way - once a month is probably a limit!

EvilDoctorBallerinaRoastDuck Tue 14-Nov-17 19:42:13

I'll take the Ovaltine, but only when I've done everything, or I'll fall asleep! 😂😴brew

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:44:49

EvilDoctor Done grinI make an absolutely cracking Ovaltine it used to be some sort of alcoholic concoction but I can't be doing with the faff now

Bodicea Tue 14-Nov-17 19:52:11

I need to buy some ovaltine now!

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 19:54:16

Bodicea Haha I've started a trend.... grin

Ijustlovefood Tue 14-Nov-17 19:58:08

Yeah I love my bed!

Chottie Tue 14-Nov-17 19:58:54

All together now............ smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMyY1hTqTzc

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 20:01:25

Chottie gringringrinthat has made me laugh AND ensured I have nightmares tonight as an added bonus!

StewPots Tue 14-Nov-17 20:01:59

May name change to Ovaltiney one day

Shouldnotwouldnot Tue 14-Nov-17 20:02:24

There’s nothing wrong with loving a good night in but I do think that at any age one should be going out and enjoying life too. Otherwise your world can become very small. Now I’m 41 I’m not going out clubbing (thought horrifies me) but a nice meal or wine / cocktails with friends or husband is a wonderful way to be sociable and have fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now