Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Guess what I've just done....

(14 Posts)
cjt110 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:54:39

Managed to lock my keys in the boot. Not just in the boot but on top of the light cluster in between the light cluster and boot door. Then heard it click and lock the doors. Luckily passenger side door was still open as DS was in the car. Car wouldnt open using the buttons on the in side.

DS found it all very exciting when DH came down and had to go and get the tool kit and take the interior trim off the boot door to release the boot.

So. What idiotic things have you done lately?

I blame being up since 430am with toddler

Needadvicetoleave Tue 14-Nov-17 09:02:21

Argh! I didn't think it was possible to lock keys in a car anymore but I seem to have managed it before!

On Monday morning DH couldn't find his car keys, he had to get the spare ones out the cupboard. He did find his keys- still in the ignition where he'd left them! We were lucky!

Last night I left the Stargate open and DS fell down the stairs. Thankfully he's ok. But we were both very shaken.

PhilODox Tue 14-Nov-17 09:04:14

Gosh, need advice, leaving the Stargate open could have let anything through shock

Hope DS is ok though.

rogueantimatter Tue 14-Nov-17 09:06:50

I think I dropped the hoover filter into the bin. I ordered three replacements before I got the correct one. Now I think I've done it again.

Ifailed Tue 14-Nov-17 09:08:14

Needadvicetoleave Cool! I'd love one of these at the top of the stairs.

Seeline Tue 14-Nov-17 09:10:48

When DS was very small I managed to lock myself in the car - well nearly.
was on a long drive and he needed feeding. It was horrible outside so decided to do it in the car. It was obviously much easier to do it in the back rather than the driver's seat. Settled comfortably in the back, had a nice feed, popped him back in his car seat and then realised the child locks were on, as was the window lock so preventing me from winding down the window and opening the door from the outside. I had to heave my recently-pregnant fat body past his car seat, and between the two front seats (which had a massive console thing between them). Looking back it was funny......

cjt110 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:11:08

My spare was on my keys.... I have a bad history of keys.

Have locked my keys in the car before.

Lost my single set of car keys. Had to get the man out to open my car and cut me a new none electronic key. Man said that my car isnt designed to be continuously opened by the key hole so could do with finding/buying electronic one. Find electronic one but isnt coded to the car. Put this on keyfob so can easily open door with shopping etc. So spare is on my keys which was in the boot.

Have lost house keys and had to have the locks replaced. Then managed to bend new key and had to get a copy cut. Copy has been spinning in lock of late so had to get a new one. Find old original key on keyrack....

No wonder my DH was pissed off this morning blush

Walkerbean16 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:16:03

I once tried to shut my boot. It was a button one that shuts itself, it closed then popped open again. I moved all the stuff to make sure it wasnt in the way, shut it again and five seconds later it popped open again. This went on about ten times, I called my husband and told him the boot was broken. Then I realised I was shutting my keys in the boot and it was opening to stop me from locking them in! My car is officially cleverer than me!

cjt110 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:29:18

Thats brilliant Walkerbean16 I could have done with that. However, I dont think any car would stop you from being such a twat to lock them in the light cluster.

cakesonatrain Tue 14-Nov-17 10:01:23

I wouldn't have thought the car would lock if one door was open - bit pointless from a security pov!!

steppemum Tue 14-Nov-17 10:09:34

genius car walkerbean!
Mine won't lock the car if the front door isn't shut properly.

When I was early twenties, I moved into a new flat.
Mum and dad came to help, they live over 100 miles away.
Mum and I went shopping to get some stuff, and Dad was left in new flat.
he walked out to his car to get something (I think he was doing some DIY for me)
The flat door blew shut behind him, he didn't realise at this point.
He got the stuff out of the boot and then shut the boot with the keys in it, then discovered that the flat door was shut.

We came home to find him sitting on the pavement.
He called the AA out to his car, they coudln't open it (top of the range expensive blah blah)
Somehow in the end the AA man got in, and then dismantled the whole interior to get into the boot to get the keys.

Mum and I want and made him a cup of tea stood in the kitchen and laughed out heads off

NewNameWhoDis Tue 14-Nov-17 10:53:37

Going on holiday once and had an envelope full of cash for DP to take to the currency exchange. Sat it on the kitchen worktop. Some time that day I cleaned the kitchen, put the bins out etc ready to go away early the next morning. DP asks where the spending money is so he can change it to euros. Nowhere to be seen. Pulled the kitchen apart, checked the bins, ripped open all the bin bags checked through all the stinking rubbish of the day. Checked everywhere.

Except my hand luggage. Which is where I put the envelope for safe keeping before I cleaned up because I didn't want to throw it out by accident. How I forgot that I don't know. FFS always putting things away for safe keeping then forgetting where.

SlothMama Tue 14-Nov-17 11:03:05

I need that car that won't let you lock your keys in the boot!!
In my last job I had company cars that I had to change every 4 months, there's a particular car I HATED owning, it was ugly and was horrid to drive.

Anyway, got to the location where I had one day to do a large job and I managed to open my boot and slam the boot shut with the keys still inside. Stupid car locked and I had no money for the car park and no phone to call for help!
In the end I had to grovel to one of the reception staff who kindly googled the number for the car leasing company who then rang the AA for me and lent me their reception phone to call them.
I then had to sit out in the rain waiting for the AA to come, but because my car was a saloon he said it would be very difficult to get into the boot. Luckily one of the backseats wasn't anchored in properly so I had to wriggle through the gap to the back of the boot (it was a very long car!) to retrieve my keys.
Lost all dignity that day!

Mrsyorkie Tue 14-Nov-17 15:24:04

I regularly hallucinate in the night... I walk back from the bathroom cradling my son and then I walk past his cot and see him in there sound asleep, look down at my arms and there's nothing in my cradled arms...

I once woke up after falling asleep on the sofa, convinced I'd been holding the baby... (I wasnt) I was crawling around looking under the sofa because I thought he'd rolled under there.. . The gap between the sofa and the floor is about 2 cm...

My son is breastfed but will have the occasional bottle of formula. 2 days ago I boiled the kettle and poured water into his bottle and into a mug to make a coffee. I knew I needed to put 6 scoops into his bottle but ended up putting 6 spoonfuls of coffee into my mug... I drank it anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now