Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

can recommend and indoor activity in Edinburgh

(10 Posts)
IamAporcupine Tue 24-Oct-17 09:26:19

We will be spending the afternoon in Edinburgh today. I had planned for outdoor activities but the weather does not look promising and I am a bit ill.

Are there any nice plays/shows/etc on at the moment?
Anything else you could recommend?

Thank you!

Piffpaffpoff Tue 24-Oct-17 09:27:13

How many of you are there and what ages?

IamAporcupine Tue 24-Oct-17 09:27:43

oh my, how many typos in the tittle shock

IamAporcupine Tue 24-Oct-17 09:28:27

Thanks yes I should have said! hmm

DH, me and our 5 year old son

Piffpaffpoff Tue 24-Oct-17 09:32:12

Ok, best wet weather get is the museum on Chambers Street _ it will easily fill an afternoon, lots to look at and interact with and you can sit in the cafe if you are feeling under the weather,

I need to look a couple of things up before I make a second recommendation. Hold on....

IamAporcupine Tue 24-Oct-17 09:33:21

Thank you Piffpaffpoff!

2014newme Tue 24-Oct-17 09:36:12

Museum of scotland is excellent and free. Has both natural history and science (is not all about Scotland!)

HungerOfThePine Tue 24-Oct-17 09:36:42

There's camera obscura at top of royal mile which the whole family could enjoy with a walk to childhood museum if you have time, the national museum xcite trampoline place at fountain park, also a cinema and arcades there, Dynamic earth at holyrood.
Those are the ones at the top of my head.smile

Piffpaffpoff Tue 24-Oct-17 09:37:57

Museum is free too!

There’s also Deep Sea World in North Queensferry but that’s a train ride/walk away. Britannia is indoors but probably not that interesting for a 5yo. My 5yo used to love standing at the side of the galleries at the Mound watching the trains going in and out of Waverley Station but that’s no use if it’s raining.

Enjoy whatever you do and hope you feel better soon!

IamAporcupine Wed 25-Oct-17 22:58:24

Many thanks everyone!

We didn't have much time as we took longer at the embassy, so we just went for some food and a long walk. Really enjoyed it though, love that city!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now