Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I'm paranoid but do I need to take DS to hospital?

(8 Posts)
Ttbb Tue 24-Oct-17 01:40:34

He woke up around a hour ago very hot to the touch. I undressed him and gave him a dose of paracetamol. His fever has dropped from 40 to 39.5. He is a normal temperature on his back but still very hot around his belly etc. He is also breathing very deeply and can't get back to sleep, loaning everyone and then. He seemed fine albeit grumpy today. No rash. Not cold/flu symptoms. Is there something very wrong with him?

AnnaT45 Tue 24-Oct-17 01:42:51

How old is he? I’d call 111 first, they’ll have a clinician give you advice fairly quickly. It’s awful not knowing but if you’re worried take him in. I know MN hate a&e wasters but it’s not worth the risk with kids. Hey

alittlepieceofme Tue 24-Oct-17 01:44:41

Phone NHS direct, perhaps you can take him to out of hours GP. I went last week with ds, they said he was fine but still glad I went

ShovingLeopard Tue 24-Oct-17 02:02:17

I would phone 111 too. You could also try a dose of ibuprofen. I find it takes temperatures down far more than paracetamol.

Mrsknackered Tue 24-Oct-17 02:06:54

I'd phone 111 for an out of hours appointment. He could just have a fever but that's a very high temp. Get checked just to give you some peace of mind (and hopefully sleep)

Lweji Tue 24-Oct-17 02:19:39

The deep breathing could be due to the temperature.

I'd give him something for the fever, probably ibuprofen or paracetamol and see how he reacted.

CustardOmlet Tue 24-Oct-17 06:42:46

Have you given him fluids? Keep him hydrated and maintain the paracetamol/ibuprofen. The temperature is coming down. Keep an eye on his urine output, hopefully a few doses of meds’ will work.

Witchend Tue 24-Oct-17 08:43:25

I wouldn't unless there's more that you're not telling. You've given him calpol and he's responded to it. He doesn't seem to be unrousable, and grunting in sleep with a fever is fairly normal.
I probably would look at a Dr appointment with ds', because of his history, but I wouldn't with the others unless they were showing further symptom s.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now